Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on Monday 10/01/12... as of today I am down 14 lbs. The hardest thing for me has been the clear liquid diet. Today my husband and kids had pizza and hot wings for dinner.... at first I felt angry that they were eating in front of me foods Im unable to eat, but then I realized that I'm the one who chose to have the surgery done, not them. They should not have to change the little this gs they enjoy because of me. I decided to get up and take a shower and it helped... it got my mind off of the food and I was fine after the shower. I know there are going to be many struggles along the way, but I also know I can do this. This is for a greater good... a long healthy life so I can enjoy my family. Any suggestions for alternative Clear Liquids would be appreciated... Water, broth, tea, s/f Jello is starting to get redundant ... I need a flavor change.

Snowcone! With sugar free syrup! Read that they are great after surgery!

I was sleeved on 10/1 as well and my hubby and the kids had pizza yesterday. But it smelled so bad to me that I had absolutely no desire to eat any. In fact, I have yet to truly feel hungry.

Congratulations on the 14 pounds. I'm actually down 9.3 pounds as of this morning, much better than gaining.

I know what you mean about the same old liquids getting old. Are you on full liquids much longer? I have another ten days! Ugh!

I was sleeved on Monday 10/01/12... as of today I am down 14 lbs. The hardest thing for me has been the clear liquid diet. Today my husband and kids had pizza and hot wings for dinner.... at first I felt angry that they were eating in front of me foods Im unable to eat' date=' but then I realized that I'm the one who chose to have the surgery done, not them. They should not have to change the little this gs they enjoy because of me. I decided to get up and take a shower and it helped... it got my mind off of the food and I was fine after the shower. I know there are going to be many struggles along the way, but I also know I can do this. This is for a greater good... a long healthy life so I can enjoy my family. Any suggestions for alternative Clear Liquids would be appreciated... Water, broth, tea, s/f Jello is starting to get redundant ... I need a flavor change.[/quote']

It wouldn't hurt to make some healthy changes for the family too. I know for my self that one of the reasons I am having surgery done while my kids are young is so I can make healthy changes in all of our diets now that will hopefully last their lifetime.I don't want my children to be in my position ever if I can help it. Also making changes as a family will make you more successful :)

I completely relate. My family had pizza tonight and I really wanted some. Opted for instant creamy chicken Soup instead and stayed away from the dining room.

I found that Popsicles have been going down really well. My surgeon actually said I need to get calories from somewhere so if I could tolerate it I could do the ones with sugar while in the liquid stage. Had to change up the flavors today though :-)

Lots of wishes for everyone's continued success.

Thanks for yalls responses.... I am on liquid for at least 10 more days also... I'm def gonna try suger free snow-cones! And my family as a whole has made healthy changes or for the most part eat healthy already. Fridays are our order out nights and I just don't want them to have to change that. My husband and 3 kids have very active lifestyles and are very healthy.... momma is just getting on board. Thanks for talks suggestions.

I was sleeved on 10/1 as well and my hubby and the kids had pizza yesterday. But it smelled so bad to me that I had absolutely no desire to eat any. In fact' date=' I have yet to truly feel hungry.

Congratulations on the 14 pounds. I'm actually down 9.3 pounds as of this morning, much better than gaining.

I know what you mean about the same old liquids getting old. Are you on full liquids much longer? I have another ten days! Ugh![/quote']

My second day home from the hospital, my husband cooked bacon... it made me very sick to my stomach. I did.t have a desire for it at all.