Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feels Like Air Is Trapped When I Eat

When I am eating, it feels like air gets trapped just below the food I am eating. I can't tell if this is my new 'I'm full' feeling now or if there really is air trapped. If I sit a while, I will burp a little but I'm just not sure what I'm feeling. Does anyone recognize this? :)

Me too.

You might be swallowing air when you eat. Take very small bites and chew even your pureed. Wait before each spoon of food.< /p>

I get that also...and I think it is when I eat a little to quickly because when I eat really slow it doesn't happen.

Thanks everyone - I guess maybe I am still eating to quickly. I'll check it out at diner tonight and see if smaller bites and slower eating helps. My guess it probably will. LOL

It really is hard to recognize new feelings and sounds from your new stomach. It took me about 4 months to get used to things. At 7 months, I don't have anymore weird noises, and I'm used to the new 'normal'. I think at first that "something stuck air trapped" feeling we get is due to swelling. Not sure, just a guess.

When I am eating' date=' it feels like air gets trapped just below the food I am eating. I can't tell if this is my new 'I'm full' feeling now or if there really is air trapped. If I sit a while, I will burp a little but I'm just not sure what I'm feeling. Does anyone recognize this? :)[/quote']

I get that too and I immediately get one of the gasx strips and it gets rid of the air bubble and I can finish my meal..

Trapped air is probably my biggest issue after WLS. I work long hours and have to grab meals quickly and in the rush I forget to chew my food properly. Some foods are forgiving and give up the trapped air quickly, but it seems the denser meals trap it and can really make me uncomfortable. In those cases I've found I can take a small sip of Water to help things separate and relieve the pressure. (Read burp) Not enough water to draw the drinking with meals police though. :lol:

I am unsure about these sensations. It feels like trapped air but I feel it in my throat, like I am full up to my throat. This happens every time I eat solid food, if its 1 egg or 1/4 cp tuna. I was wondering if I was excess stomach acid. I do not have heartburn and I take Prilosec daily

I get that too and I immediately get one of the gasx strips and it gets rid of the air bubble and I can finish my meal..

i have a ton left over from surgery and it never crossed my mind to try that. I will try it in the morning. Thanks for the idea!

i have a ton left over from surgery and it never crossed my mind to try that. I will try it in the morning. Thanks for the idea!

You're welcome and it works wonders for me!!!

Oh goodness I just posted the samething on another thread.

I usually get thAT at night only. But yes I feel that the air gets trapped and then about 20 min. I start burping but oh boy I burp for what seems a long time.

I hope this is over soon.

I am 2 weeks post surgery and this trapped air is really painful and annoying. I live in Switerland and have never heard of the gasx strips. What are these and how do they help?