Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time Off From Work After Surgery

I also had my surgery on 9/24 and went back to work on Tuesday Oct. 2nd but could have went back on the 1st. I'm not sure this is typical but I really felt good after my surgery. I had my surgery Monday afternoon around 2pm and went home on Wednesday about 2:00pm. I followed all the instructions of walking, sipping, etc so that helped. I've had a c-section in the past and this was nothing in comparison. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

My doctor took me out for 4 weeks but I could have gone back way earlier. I go back Monday and look forward to it!

I am sorry your fellow c-workers are a**es!!! I had very favorable comments from most everyone, only a few asked why I needed to do that and I told them for ME!!!!! Yes, we are close, we WILL make it to goal!!!! Best of luck on your decision. Hugs!

I am sorry your fellow c-workers are a**es!!! I had very favorable comments from most everyone, only a few asked why I needed to do that and I told them for ME!!!!! Yes, we are close, we WILL make it to goal!!!! Best of luck on your decision. Hugs!

Yes they are a**es, but with the job market as crappy as it is I can't exactly just leave. Though I want to. I just got home from my first informational seminar and I'm convinced! I'll be calling to set up my first consult in the morning :)

Thank you & everyone else for being so supportive! **hugs**

I purposely planned mine for the Labor Day weekend so that when I took a long weekend no one thought anything of it. I'm kind of a baby but since I had no pain I was back at work 4 days after surgery. Surgery was Friday, was back at work Wednesday. I'm in marketing so not much physical work, just driving and walking. I did go home home at lunch for the first couple of weeks to lay on the couch and rest. Never in pain, just some days I was really drained. I told my boss when I got back, but haven't told any co-workers. They are kind of gossipy and I'm sorry to say that many of the higher-ups have weight problems. I've seen some vindictiveness and I don't want to come under the radar. My boss agreed with me. Actually, it was his suggestion that I not share. He knows them better than me.

I have only told my boss, my BFF, and my hairdresser. My highest weight was 199, my surgery weight was 193. I know I will lose slower so it won't be so surprising. Besides they've seen me lose & gain weight so many times over the years that it probably won't even register for a while. I didn't tell my parents because they have weight issues and my mom would have turned it into a dig against her. That's a whole other post. :( My dad would have freaked about Mexico. So since I didn't want any negativity from anyone, I just kept my mouth shut. I'm sure I'll tell them eventually. But when I'm ready. Not a minute before. My body, my business.

I have a desk job and I was sleeved on September 24th. I had surgery on Monday and went back to work the following Tuesday. I felt good only slightly sore.(and I am a baby) At first I thought there was no way I could do it but after 5 days I felt pretty good. Not 100% but good. No way could I have done a physical job though. Hope this helps.

I also was sleeved on the 24th. How are you doing?

I also had my surgery on 9/24 and went back to work on Tuesday Oct. 2nd but could have went back on the 1st. I'm not sure this is typical but I really felt good after my surgery. I had my surgery Monday afternoon around 2pm and went home on Wednesday about 2:00pm. I followed all the instructions of walking' date=' sipping, etc so that helped. I've had a c-section in the past and this was nothing in comparison. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.[/quote']

We had the exact surgery date and time!!:)