Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Information Seminar Tonight!

My very first 'step' to being the beautiful skinny person I've always dreamed I'd be! Ahhhh I can't wait until this evening... Anyone have any advice for a 21 year old wanting to do this?

I don't have any advice for you but I too am attending my Informational Seminar tonight and am very excited to start this process! Someone told me this is my 2nd step, the 1st step was making the decision to do something about it! I wish you all the best.

I am very excited too! That's an awesome way to think about it being the second step! I wish you all the best!

I was so much calmer about the thought of surgery after my seminar. Any questions or fears you have, write them down. I had questions and of course in the moment forgot what I wanted to ask.

Otherwise, take it all in and you can make your ultimate decision armed with as much info as possible.

Good luck!!

first 'step' to the beautiful skinny person I've dreamed I'd be, advice for a 21 year old wanting to do this?

ameejo

enjoy the seminar, eyes and ears wide open ;)

before going tonight, think of questions you can ask the speaker/surgeon - bring paper to write information down - just be totally prepared

fellow sleevers come to the board and frequently say, " wish they had done WLS years earlier",

you are at a great young age to have this done - congrats

having the WLS any younger?, you would have had a pacifier in your mouth :D

good luck tonight

congrats on pending WLS

My advice is to research, research, research.

Don't be afraid to attend all the information sessions in your area until you find a group you like.

Don't dismiss any of the 3 major procedures. Read this board and the ones for the band and RNY. You many think you know what you want after the information session but you don't yet because you just don't have enough information.

You need to realize that this is just one of many tools. You still need to overcome your mental issues with food. You need to learn how to eat right and to make exercise part of your daily routine. The more you can work on these things before your surgery the better off you will be.

The last thing is that you have to decide that WLS is for you because it's not for everyone. There are millions of people able to lose weight and become healthy without it. This is only for those who have tried everything else and still can't maintain a healthy weight. Be honest with yourself. WLS is not the easy way out. It's takes the same commitment and dedication that every other weight loss program takes. Don't forget that.

I was so much calmer about the thought of surgery after my seminar. Any questions or fears you have' date=' write them down. I had questions and of course in the moment forgot what I wanted to ask.

Otherwise, take it all in and you can make your ultimate decision armed with as much info as possible.

Good luck!![/quote']

I'm more excited than anything. I will have pen and paper with me for sure. Hopefully by April or may of 2013 I will have the surgery since mg insurance requires 6 months of seeing a nutritionist...

Thank you for your advice!

ameejo

enjoy the seminar' date=' eyes and ears wide open ;)

before going tonight, think of questions you can ask the speaker/surgeon - bring paper to write information down - just be totally prepared

fellow sleevers come to the board and frequently say, " wish they had done WLS years earlier",

you are at a great young age to have this done - congrats

having the WLS any younger?, you would have had a pacifier in your mouth :D

good luck tonight

congrats on pending WLS[/quote']

I'm open to anything and everything they have to say. My mom is going with me (she is also considering the sleeve) and we have been brain storming questions all day :)

I will have a notebook and pen ready to go to take notes and write down the answers to my questions :) that's a great thing to remind me about... I probably wouldn't have remembered it.

I don't want to live like this forever.. So if not now for WLS, then when? My answer is NOW!

I have tried so many different ways to lose weight, only to lose 20-30lbs an gain it all back, plus some! I'm tired of feeling like a failure each time I try... I guess that's how I got as big as I am now...

Thank you so much for your reply!

My advice is to research' date=' research, research.

Don't be afraid to attend all the information sessions in your area until you find a group you like.

Don't dismiss any of the 3 major procedures. Read this board and the ones for the band and RNY. You many think you know what you want after the information session but you don't yet because you just don't have enough information.

You need to realize that this is just one of many tools. You still need to overcome your mental issues with food. You need to learn how to eat right and to make exercise part of your daily routine. The more you can work on these things before your surgery the better off you will be.

The last thing is that you have to decide that WLS is for you because it's not for everyone. There are millions of people able to lose weight and become healthy without it. This is only for those who have tried everything else and still can't maintain a healthy weight. Be honest with yourself. WLS is not the easy way out. It's takes the same commitment and dedication that every other weight loss program takes. Don't forget that.[/quote']

I research WLS often...and so does my mother and we compare what we find on a regular basis.

I'm sure there is much more to learn though.

I live in New Orleans and WE love our food... It's so hard to control my relationship with food when so many people I know can eat just about anything and gain NOTHING.

I have tried so many ways to lose weight. I've lost max 30lbs with any of the methods just to regain it all, plus some more. I'm tired of feeling like a failure after each attempt. I think I'm ready for the next step.

tired of feeling like a failure. I think I'm ready for the next step.

Newbie :)

most of us can relate to above statement :(

you are not a failure

your next step, the sleeve, will be amazing

have a wonderful journey finding health and happiness in sleeveland

take care :)

good luck

I'm so glad I found this forum and now have these wonderful people that can relate to how I feel and this new venture I'm exploring.

When I get home I plan on calling to set up my first consult :) I'm so excited for the new ventures I'm exploring.

beginning ahead of me

My very first 'step' to being the beautiful skinny person I've always dreamed I'd be! Ahhhh I can't wait until this evening... Anyone have any advice for a 21 year old wanting to do this?

I am 21 years old trying to get surgery. Good luck! I feel we picked the perfect age to have this done:)

Ask every question

Ameejo I'm in Slidell. If you need any info let me know. I was sleeved 6/25.

bittahoney where did you have your surgery done?