Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Thing is I never remember him telling me he was sedating me. That's why I was so confused. Oh well. I'm ok and getting better everyday. I know i am overdoing it. Staging my house to show' date=' we are moving. i get very winded, but amI almost 30 pounds lighter than I was a Month ago. Never got winded before.[/quote']

30 lbs lighter? Whoop! Whoop! You are doing awesome! Just don't overdo it & injure yourself.

Pre pre op diet+preop diet+ 10 pounds post op Hope I dont hit a big stall, but prepared if I do

I had no time to panic. Both my mom and my husband were with me seconds before i was rolled to the operating room. I had to stay strong so i would not worry them.once i got to the operating room they lay me down, laid out my out like a T , they began to place the little oxygen thing on my nostrils, at least five people were around me, seconds later lighst out.

Thing is I never remember him telling me he was sedating me. That's why I was so confused. Oh well. I'm ok and getting better everyday. I know i am overdoing it. Staging my house to show' date=' we are moving. i get very winded, but amI almost 30 pounds lighter than I was a Month ago. Never got winded before.[/quote']

I think that would bother me too. But you are ok and that's what matters. Way to go with 30 lbs

I was told they where giving me a drug mix that would basically cause amnesia. They told me I would most likely not remember going into operating room. I was so thankful. After I spoke with my surgeon and everyone else they drugged me and I do remember saying in the or , lord its cold in here. That's it.

I was told they where giving me a drug mix that would basically cause amnesia. They told me I would most likely not remember going into operating room. I was so thankful. After I spoke with my surgeon and everyone else they drugged me and I do remember saying in the or , lord its cold in here. That's it.

I have been mulling this over since day 1 post op' date=' and I am absolutely befuddled. Tell me what you think

Day of surgery, I got there, was put in one of those Bair paws warmer gowns and left in a little room by myself (husband had to get the kids on the bus after dropping me off) nurse came in and out, super nice and attentive. Anesthesia came in with 2 IVs, didn't hook up right away. Waited some more. Got weighed, back in bed. Surgeon and anesthesia and OR Nurses came in to talk, last consents, Iv started... Then NOTHING, until recovery. I have had several surgeries before and I ALWAyS remember being wheeled into the OR, transferring to that table, IV, count backwards and fade to black. This has always been the spot I start to panic with the overhead lights,the people in masks, the clinking of the instruments. I DONT REMEMBER ANY OF IT. It's kind of making me a little crazy, missing that whole piece. Is it possible anesthesia gave me some twilight before being wheeled out to the OR because I did warn them of my Panic. Should I ask my surgeon, or let it go. Was it so scarey to me that I have just tucked it out of my consciousness. I am normally a very sane, down to Earth, realistic kind of person, so this is very odd for me.

Done Did It![/quote']

I'm guessing since you told them in advance of where and when you've been known to pani, they gave you something before wheeling you in! Great idea! LOL. I'm being sleeved on Monday (10/15) and will plan on telling my surgeon as well.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Well sister sleeves sucks for me. I was sleeved on oct 2 and i just pulled a muscle. Im back to zero. :(

Well sister sleeves sucks for me. I was sleeved on oct 2 and i just pulled a muscle. Im back to zero. :(

Crap! I hpe you get better. I know I am overdoing it, but have no choice. Keep Us posted

I am officially post op now :)

Surgery went well yesterday feeling 75% better this morning..

8days out and i felt great, no pain, no gas, not even sore. I got hurt just by getting of bed wrong. For those who are less then two weeks please still be careful.

So sorry to hear! Get some rest. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Officially Post-op now, was suppose to have surgery at 9am but didn't have surgery til 530pm got into my room at 930, I was out! I am in so much pain! I only feel some what better if I lay down, they had to walk but felt like I was gonna faint! I went in the bathroom last night and I ended up puking, hurt like hell, in on pain meds every hour! I'm going to stay another night in the hospital I'm just not ready to go home! But I'm keeping positive that each day is going to get better! I have 5incisions and they also fixed my hiatal hernia! I'll update later too, hope feel a lil better :)

Congrats Tanya and Tiffany. Each day gets better. (Couldn't imagine throwing up..ouch) get up and walk when you can, it made a huge difference for me.

Welcome to the other side everyone. It's tough at first but it gets easier i promise! I had my surgery last Tuesday and I go for my 1 week pre op today. Sipping on my muscle milk as we speak, things look and feel good!