Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

I got a card in the mail from the vets office, they made a donation in my Hobbes name. The place where they donated to does grief counseling for families that have lost pets. They say that their goal is to make people aware that the loss is real, and the grief is also real. It was really touching to know that his vet cared enough to do it. We went to the animal shelter to look for another cat, but found nothing. There were tons of kitties there, but nothing that touched any of us. There are 15 cats comming in tomorrow, we will go back again tomorrow afternoon to see if anything is there that touches us. ~Mandy

OMG Patty-WOW I'm so sorry. How awful! I am sending prayers your way. Hang in there the weekend is here. Go take a hot bath and relax.

Sherry-Things sure sound upside down over there. TGIF! You and Beanie are sure having a tough time right now! My DH is in the same spot although they also decided to show him there appreciation by cutting his commission stupid JERKS!! I guess this crap just takes place everywhere. It sure is sad.

Mandy-It took me a year and a half to replace Maggie, our cocker mix. I knew that God would put the right puppy in front of me and he did, that's crazy Lucy! We do have another dog and cat though. Before Maggie we had a lab and that was all, so within 3 days we found Maggie, I just couldn't wait. Good luck So sorry for your loss. How nice of them to make that donation I've never heard of that before.

Well DD and I were going to go up to the Biltmore Estate today and spend the night, but it is raining cats and dogs so we are going to go next weekend.

I have started this new fantastic medicine. It helps people to stay awake but they have found that it helps with stress, anxiety and depression and the best part boosts your matabalisium! YIPPIEEEE. Today is my second day on it. I should feel something within 7 days he said. Well so far so good!

Have a good night gang Hi to everyone I missed.

Just stopped in for a bit.

Took the boys to the first Halloween Fesitval to start the weekend. I am still trying to get over how much I spent for 2 costumes. I have only in my adult life dressed up once but wearing your jammies does not even count in my book. I bought a witch costume or rather sexy witch. I sewed the cleavage area so it is just witch ( I will post a pic this weekend for sure). Tomorrow my brother has a halloween party. I have never been to one, still not sure if I will go. We will see..

I have asked for a raise every chance I get - We are in a hiring freeze therefore no money. Yeah right

I have summed up everything I was doing to what I now do and how much headway I have made in these 2 weeks. Still no comment

I have even told them I had another job offer - there was a reaction there but no more money.

Rene I feel the same way - the bad apple that was let go spoiled it for the rest of our dept. She got away with so much crap, it was not even funny. Now that we realize what BS went on it is layed on us to resolve it. I like my company, cause our dept is really flexable but still It seems like it is a trade off if I were to go somewhere else I would not have the semi freedom I have now. Am I rambliing?? To much Kaluha

Patty that would freak me out and I hope it all gets resolved quickly and no impact on you..

Mandy that was sweet of the doc to do that. In time an angel will be sent to you again.

Well would love to do more personals but the kids are getting wild..

TTYL

Cindy - If you ever need AB+ blood I'm there for ya sista :( ummm of course they'll have to figure out a way to get it out of me first hee hee. Maybe I need to start weight lifting to get my arm veins big and strong?

Anyone out there have an orange cake recipe that was on the back of a cake mix box that one of the ingredients is thawed orange juice concentrate? I had the recipe and loved it but, now I can't find it ;)

Mornin' all. Today is my anniversary, DH and I have been married 6 years. We are staying in and doing a nice pot roast in the crock pot today. I am just not up to going out fo dinner. We are going to make another go at the shelter this afternoon. The guy at the shelter said they are getting 15 kitties in this morning so we are going to check them out. We got both of our other kitties there and they were perfect for our family. The staff there is wonderful at making good matches for their fur babies. I am hoping that something will steal our hearts today, if not we will continue to look. There are so many animals that need homes and we have so much love to give that it is only right that another fur baby lives in our little pet palace. I have always been surrounded by animals and that is how I plan to keep it. I want my daughter to grow up respecting animals as much as DH and I did. Hope everyone is having a great sat, I'll check back in later. ~Mandy

Good Morning Chicklets :hug:

My PC was playing funny games on me this morning, I had to keep restarting it *#%^%)!#!^!~~~

I am going for a fill next Friday, I'm eating way to much and not losing an ounce... my fault, I'd lose if I ate carrots instead of chocolate but I can eat ALOT. New doctor doing the fills ((I'm gonna chit in my pants until its over)) LOL.

My back is alot better, I had to stop the pain meds b/c it gave me such wicked pain in my stomach.. I'm thinking its because I had to cut it up. I still am having a hard time sitting, and the pain can be quite sharp...its painful where the hip meets the leg... like right in that joint. Anyway I really need to strengthen the muscles around my lower back...and I need to get serious... I've never had 3 weeks of such pain in my life. So as soon as I'm better, its walking and exercise for me...this is bull chit.

Anyhoooooooooooo !!!!

Patty when it rains it pours. As an adult with ADHD I stay keep fighting for your boys, don't ever let anyone think they are a burden b/c I know hey are not. ADHD/ADD runs rapid in my family. I wish there was help for me as a kid instead of being labeled as lazy.....far from the truth. I'm so sorry your debit card got snagged... people SUCK!!! ..... I just said a prayer for you lady~~~~Here it comes ;) BTW thank you for the anniversary wishes... I've could have lost more but heck I'm so happy I have no complaints :(

Mary, costume $$ are insane, my DD has 3 this year (((am I nuts or what))) she had 3 different events to go to and it called for different costumes FREAKIN-A. I'm sorry your work isn't listening to you... I find myself in the same situation all the time as well. I yell, they don't listen, I cry.... I get over it until the next time :eek: sucks doesn't it. Want me call them for yah ***evil grin***

Beanie ditto's on what I said to Mary and Patty... PEOPLE SUCK!!! Its always the jealous idiots that ruin it for others. Put your foot down woman, you've been grandfathered into those hours as far as I'm concerned... its none of nobody's business if its okay with your boss and you.

Sherry you sound great !! watcha smokin ? banana bread ROFLMFAO.. sorry i don't have an orange cake recipe but man oh man does that sound great !!!!!

Cindy, thats marvelous that you give blood, I do too but haven't in a while. I have not read Johns post....I haven't read any posts lately but I think I'll stay away from it. John is a sweetheart and wouldn't purposely hurt a fly.... many people just don't understand/know him.

Mandy sorry to hear about kitty... :D and if you ask me, I'm gonna have to say yes... our pets go to heaven. Once I went to a physic and 6 months b/4 I went, we put down my dog Cindy ((sorry Cindy, but that was really her name LOL))).... anyway, this physic told me that my dog passed, described her to a "T" and told me she never left my side. YES YES YES, they do go to heaven. Happy anniversary.

Diannnnnnnnneeeeee congrats on curves and the 5 lbs, WHOOT and WTG skinny minnie :hug: How is DH feeling? Got any trips planned up north?

Betty how are ya hon. How is your DB???

Pat.... come out and play woman !!!!

Anne........ oh ANNIE BANANNIE !!! How are ya lady? Whats new in Anne's world?

Darcy love, and how are you feeling? You might have posted but it didn't absorb in my pea brain....sorry. How's the shelter and how are things coming with the home?

Hey gang,

My bank account is really messed up. I will get my money back but it may take weeks! Rent is Nov 1st and what about gas and groceries? Currently I my account is -$558 and next week I get a direct deposit +1200. That leaves me $600 to pay my $1100 rent! So now I have to ask my landlord if I can deferr a payment. Never mind everything else thats due on the 1st. Then I had a run in with the ex last night and my head is in a really bad place. Sorry to be such a bummer, I really don't want all the troubles that found its way into my home. I have my TIVO & blockbuster movies to keep me busy, and later today church is having its monthly food drive and maybe I can get some powdered milk & bread. Just need to breathe and I have you guys to lean on. Hugs

Hi Ladies

Glad to have you back Eileen (not like you left us).

I hear you on the costumes ~ Cristian has 2 so far ~ Fireman & Scooby. At least Scooby was chalio's when he was that age and now it fits little brother.

Patty my heart goes out to you. I feel so sad that all this is happening. Take it one step at a time. Please dont' let the ex get to you cause all they want is a reaction (better said then done).. HUGS

I know some churches here help with food vouchers - does yours?

Well today I still am undecided about going to the party but I will force my self cause the kids really want to go. My brother came over this morning to make sure we were going. Humm ~ maybe he is up to something.

The boys dad came over and gathered up all the leaves and cleaned the gutters. In turn I let him have His TV and stand. Don't worry we still have 3 in the house to watch, I also have plans of getting one of the flat screens sometime in the future when I can save some $$..

Well chicas would love to stay longer but got to get some work done..

Like Mandy I need to get to the pound, I really want an inside dog that does not shed alot and something small. My sisters Chiuhuaha had 4 pups but I do not want to start with potty training. And a cat ~ well we are allergic ~ go figure.

We have a boston Terrier and she hardly sheds at all. She is 16 pounds (the same at my cat) and is great with the house breaking thing. That is the beauty of an adult dog. I found her on www.petfinder.com they have all kinds of shelters listed by zip code, and you can search for bread specific dogs. There are pictures, information and shelter info listed there. That is how we got our little Oreo and she is great. ~Mandy

Thanks Mandy ~ I want them all:)

I see some pretty amazing dogs but nothing near me for right now.

I searched for med dogs and there were tons, I also searched for small and there were fewer dogs but still plenty of dogs available. Also try searching for all in the age range.

Hello everyone!

Mandy, did you get by the shelter yet? I'm just wondering if any of the kitties seemed right to you? Our 3rd cat was a shelter adoption, the other two found us on the "underground kitty railroad." I don't know how they know to come here, but they did. I got the 3rd one because I wanted a "calico"...although she is more of a tortoiseshell. Good luck!

Patty, I pray for your troubles to resolve...until then, could the bank call your landlord to explain the situation? I'm sure you've already thought of that, but that's all I can think of to help right now. Then the bank can explain how long until the funds are restored to your account and all that...I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Hugs to you.

Sherry, have you looked at www.cooks.com for the recipe? Just enter orange cake, then scan through all the recipes for the ingredient you are looking for. I hope you find it. I have never made a recipe like that. Also there's a site called Cake Doctor (.com) that might have something like that on it. Good luck locating the recipe!

We went to DD's school festival this morning, then Home Depot to get the tile stuff ready to do the bathrooms next week, then week after next, the rest of the house with the wood. That's the current schedule. I'm getting a wee bit gripey (my own, and my family's evaluation!) due to being misplaced...no place to sit, no place to relax, etc. Everything is in the garage... I know, it's not a big problem and I'm whining! LOL! The floor does look nice; it's stained now...Mon/Tues is the polyurethane sealant. Doesn't smell so great, though!

Eileen, good luck with the next fill...it might be time, you know best about that! I know I would lose a lot faster if I could give up my ice cream, but we've been there, haven't we? LOL! I'm hanging in there, and for now, I'm okay where I am. We're here to support you, so go for it! Oh yeah, I bought new bras...now, a 38C! I started with 44Cs, so there ya go...it's quite a change. Still in the 18's in pants...I can't imagine being a 16, but I suppose it's gonna happen. Probably not until I can get used to the idea in my head, though.

Girls, lov ya - all of you!

Check back later, if I haven't lost my ever-lovin' mind!

Cindy

Mary-I can't wait to see the costume! Sorry that your job is so unfair lately..go have a kaluha for me pls.

Mandy-Did you find a kitty today?

Eileen-I hope your doing stretches in the mean time! Glad the back is getting better. Hey what is dd for Halloween this year? We will be in Oakland on Dec 22nd sleeping at our friend house and then heading to Warwick mid morning on the 23rd. When we get closer I'll let you know the exact details as best as I can, but I'm thinking we'll be in Oakland around 4-5ish. It will be so great to see you again!! I hope we can do this it will have to be another quickie though. Do you know the Capo's?

Patty- I'm so sorry about all this happening to you right now. I will pray for a hedge of protection around you the boys and your finances....hugs....

Cindy-That's great about the bra size! I went to Dillard's today and I didn't like they way they measured me so I will have to go back to a small store and have them do it again. Your size 16's will be here before you know it!

Well DH DD and I went to see the in-laws again today in Columbia SC. We had a really nice time. Us girls had our nails done. DD and MIL had the feet I had the nails. It was a fun day. Then we went to their country clubs new restaurant and the food was just food. Nothing great at all, but it's new, we'll try it again in a few months.

Other than that my new meds are making me sing, laugh, smile and dance. So I guess I'm doing good..lol..Have a good night.

I didn't get a new kitty, I didn't even go to look. DH wants to wait a few more days. When I asked about going, he finally said he just wasn't ready either. I will try to get back on later today. I have to reset my clocks. ~Mandy