Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

I PB a few times a week too. The doctor says it is a habit of eating too fast or the wrong thing. If I take my time and eat slowly I am fine. He says it's a problem if you PB everyday, on every solid meal. I am convinced that it is my bad habits, not a too tight band. I had a slight unfill and I am still PB'ing when I eat too fast so it wasn't my band but my habits.

My kitty is still holding on, he sees the vet on Thursday, the vet says if he is eating, drinking and not in pain he sees no reason to put him down. It's just hard to watch him slowly fading. He is such a sweetie, and it's hard to not be able to make it all better. I spent some time with him today and told him how important he is to me and I also told him it was ok to let go, it almost seems like he is holding on for us. It was more for my closure I am sure but I have come to terms with it and I really am ok with him moving on to kitty heaven. I am sure that is where he is going. ~Mandy

Mandy, having peace of mind is a big part of the process. I'm glad you are there.

My dr. appt. went well...we are still adjusting meds to try to attack the Migraines when they happen. The preventative meds are working pretty well, now just need something I can tolerate when I do get one. She was very happy that I had lost 12 pounds since the last visit, which was the end of July...average of 4 pounds per month. It seems slow when it's happening, but great right now!

It's time for bed...good night to all, and sleep tight!

Evening ladies!

DH is doing well, we got some new homeopathic cough Syrup, had the Dr. approve its use, and voila....12 hours sleep! There is no alcohol in it, so it was just exhaustion that put him out that way, and without the cough, he just kept snoozing!!! Today has been a better day for him. They moved our appointment in Albuquerque with his cardiac surgeon up to tomorrow. Then we see the PCP on Friday, and he hopes to go back to light duty next Monday. Seems rushed to me, but he will not be alone, and will be doing computer work, so I know it will be ok.

DD is hanging in there too...the infection seems to be at bay right now, so hoping it stays that way!

I didn't make it back to curves today, I ate one jalapeno appetizer, and made myself sick, not a real PB, and not excessive slime, just upset stomach, and felt like it was sitting right in my throat....so opted to sit and read to the baby instead. I need to get back in the groove of exercise, my weight is dropping well, but I know I need the muscle work out....Beannie maybe you should get the boot...

Glad to hear your port is looking better Chrispy...scary stuff!

Got my homeowners insurance bill in the mail today...anyone wanna pay it for me??? I hate when I space out something like that and it catches me unaware...big bills suck!!! Seems like it is too early, will have to look into it. I remember paying it and my property taxes about the same time, and the taxes are due by 12-10....so this seems early. Of course they want the money so I am sure they are right!!!

Well I am rambling...so will go and soak in the tub for awhile maybe! Better wait a bit, or I will be in bed too early, and awake at dawn!!!

See y'all later!

Kat

Hi everyone, just popping in before bed.

Kat - glad to hear DH is doing well! I'm sure things are still stressful on the homefront for you. Don't forget to take care of yourself during this whole process! Good luck tomorrow at the doctors. I hope it all goes well.

Mandy - so sorry to hear about your kitty. I am an animal lover in a big way, and they are such a part of your family. It is horrible to lose a pet, but know in your heart that you gave your kitty a GREAT life.

Hi ladies,

Just hopped over from Ebay. Not much happening in my world today just keeping my head above Water at work ~ since the work load of 3 is down to us 2 and I seem to have gotten the complex of it..

Sunday dad did show up for the kids, we had just finished Breakfast when I noticed a car out side. I told him they were not ready so he had to come back for them. Needless to say he did not keep them till 8pm. Anyway does not hurt me any I love to have them with me.

chalio is sick today with a sore throat so I am trying to get him better.

Speaking of pets ~ I took my son's betta to work cause he was lonely her and the dang thing went into some kind of convulsions today. I quickly changed his Water and when I left he was floating at the bottom of the bowl. He was still breathing but I don't know what I am going to find in the morning.

I prayed that he would not suffer and hopefully what ever made him sick he will get better.

Well best be off to bed - will have to read up on the posts in the morning..

Nite Nite

Good Morning Y'all!

Well the rain has stopped for now, boy it was nice getting so much though. Today in the high 80's so I imagine it will be hot and humid.

Beanie - Hey congrats on the exercise! I actually miss doing it, something I never though I would say!

Cindy - Congrats on the w/l! You are doing so great!

Eileen - How goes the back? Gosh, I honestly know how bad it hurts you! I wish I was closer, I'd come give you a hand and do a good massage on you!:rolleyes:

Mary - Good to see you posting! I think it is a good thing they got to see their dad, even if it was for just a little while. I think it hurts kids so much when one parent just walks away. They might not act like it, but it does deep inside where they don't let anyone else see. Glad things are looking up for you!

Kat - Gosh, it sounds good that DH can do so much already! That is good news! You must be exhausted with all you have on your plate right now. Don't forget to take some time for yourself!

Mandy - Sorry to hear about your cat, hopefully you can keep it just a little longer. I think losing a pet is like losing a part of your family, they are so much like one of us.

Dianne - Have you kept track of what you are pbing on? Is it the same thing all the time or different stuff? I don't like pbing at all!

Sherry - Breathe! Now, take another big breath!:eek: :) :) You need to slow down and smell the roses lady! It will all still be there, don't worry!:D :D :D

Darcy - Hey girl, how are you feeling now? Maybe you told me and I missed it! Hope you are doing better!

Pat - How are those GK doing? Hope they are adjusting to the new life!

Opps, I am 5 minutes late leaving!

Later y'all, take care and have a great day!

Sherry-It was the beginning of September, around the 9th I think.

Mandy-I know it's so hard..hugs..you will be with him again.

Cindy-Congrat on the WL! That is great!

Kat-I'm so glad Rick is doing so well and DD is holding up well also. I can't he's ready to go back to work in a week..wow..but your right he'll be at a computer and he won't be alone so that's good.

Mary-I hope the betta is swimming happily for you when you get in this morning.

Betty- I am confused! I get stuck..sometimes I get the foam thing...sometimes I "throw up, sortof" so what's what. Getting stuck seems to be cause I eat to fast, foam thing which I think is PB usually happens when I have some type of bready thing and the gagging combo thingy I think is with bread and perhaps red meat. Last night I had a couple of bites of carrots and then many 3 bites of the pot roast and bingo. I will keep track. Should I only do liquids today? I did a shake this morning and I'll see what's for lunch at the meeting I go to if I can get away with just Soup then I will.

I'm off to curves then running around all day.

Hey Guys... Just a quick hello... thinking about y'all! Just got back from working with another adorable pup at the humane society... *sigh* if only I could take them all home!

Mandy... So sorry about your sweet kitty... I have three and even thought they are all a little whacky their cute little noggins... it would be very hard to lose one of them. (((Hugs)))

Kat... Oh man... the coughing would having me a little freaked too... hope RIck feels better soon and that his facial hair returns soon! My hubby started to grow a mustache at one point... it looked funky so I begged him to stop the process immediately! :) I still love the van... but they haven't called yet with the solution for the problem... it's still driving me crazy so I hope they call soon!

Eileen...How's the back girly???? Hope you are on the mend OR... enjoying pain killers and muscle relaxants. :)

Patty... How's the hip today???? I used to get sciatic nerve pain that sounds a lot like you are describing... Advil 800 mg every 6hrs, rest and a heating pad were the only things that helped. Hope the pain has taken a hike as I know you have a very busy life to attend to!

Dianne... GLad you found some reading that is helping you find a little peace. :) Life isn't always a picnic... but most of the time it is a pretty big gift. (((hugs))) I am always more restricted when I am stressed and find that I PB more often during stressful times... when that happens I go back to a soft diet with foods similar to the mushy liquid stage and give my esophagus a little break.

Beanie... Slow and steady is the way to go but I sure understand the frustration! Keep up the fight girl... you are doing great!

Betty... Girl... I really think you are going to have to consider surgery... I can't imagine that having surgery would leave you with a worse situation then you already have with your foot. I would rec. that you get a second and maybe even a third opinion. It never hurts to see what othere options another Doc my offer. I'm feeling good... wishing I had a cig to puff on about now...lol... no worries... after this long I wouldn't dare relapse! I go in to have my thyroid hormone levels checked in Nov. We'll see if then if the radioactive iodine is killing off my gland.

Mary... Sorry about the fish... hope it recovered! Giving me a fish is pretty much like signing their death warrant... gauranteed flush city...lol.

Chris... Glad your port site is healing up well... it's never a good feeling when one has an open draining wound. Sounds like you are taking good care of it and I'm sure it will be all healed up in no time! How's everything else going now that you are in Bandland?

SHerry... I think a lot of peoples bodies respond to stress with weight gain... guess it goes back to the days when stress was generally coupled with a decrease in food availability???? I should live a stressful life because mine seems to do the opposite??? I have always been backwards...lol. I sure hope that you are able to find a way to decrease your stress load at work... and the sooner... the better!

Cindy... You are doing awesome... I think 4 pounds a month is darn fabulous! I can hardly wait to put your next set of before and after pics up!

Pat... Where are you???? Miss ya!

Sorry if I missed anyone... gotta go! My daughter will be home any minute and then we head off to piano lessons!

TTFN!

Good Morning,

A Great Big Thank You to Pat..... taking asprin TOTALLY saved me. My hip is no longer in pain, I'm sleeping and I feel normal again. I've been working, taxi the kids, went to the store several times. You never appreciate doing all these things until you can't do them. Thanks girl!

Kat: It's great to hear that all is well on the home front. I agree with you, that going back to work for Rick seems abit soon. What does he think?

Beanie: New clothes and new numbers on the scale..... I just can't imagine what that must feel like. I'm so proud of your accomplishment. Are ya glad you got your band?

Eileen:Are you on vacation yet? I hope you are feeling better. Give update.

Cindy: Hey honey, I didn't know you were still having headaches. I'll send up a quick prayer. I can't function when my head is pounding. Hugs,

Well, gotta scoot, I have work today...... I get to learn how to print my special stickers -- yay. And in the afternoon an exciting visit to the orthodontist. OK..... hold down the applause! Love, ya :)

I missed posting yesterday, somehow, and then didn't get to it this morning...seems there is always something going on. We are giving the state test this week, so the schedule is kinda out of whack. That must be it.

Good to see ya, Darcy! It's so great you are helping at the Humane Society. In fact, I've heard that they always need extra towels, so I'm going to call the one nearby and see if I can take a load of our old ones over there for them to use.

Patty, yes sorry to say I still get them once in a while. Not all the time, thank goodness! I will always be grateful for all prayers, and thank you! Glad the aspirin did the trick for you!

Betty, I think I'd check out a surgeon...no harm in checking, right?

Eileen, how's your back?

Mandy? How is your kitty? I almost hate to ask, but the two of you have been on my mind and in my prayers.

Pat, you are skipping out on us again...come back!

Dianne, stress affects my restriction also...I've also read on here that if there is any inflammation in the body (including periods) it can cause a tighter restriction. Even sinus drainage can do that. Take it easy, because you don't want to start the dreaded fill/unfill cycle!

The big news in the Mousecrazy house is that starting Monday, Stage 1 of the new hardwood floors will begin! It's exciting, and crazy! It looks like we are packing to move, or even worse! It will be quite an adventure, that's for sure! So keep your fingers crossed that it will go smoothly, and I don't totally lose my mind in the process. DH is exceptionally good at these kinds of things, so he will be my saving grace, I'm sure!

Hope everyone's doing well today, hugs to all!

Cindy

Congrats on the new floors Cindy! You'll have to post pics once they're finished!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm doing great with one exception - halitosis!! I'm horrified! I have a constant sour taste in my mouth and my good friends told me my breath has been really bad. Gotta love true friends! lol. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm in my third week.

Thanks!

OH! By the way, a little birdy told me that Sherry may have some new pics to post!! Ahem.

The breath is actually a good thing. It means that you are in ketosis (sp) it is the body using the sugar and fat that is has been storing. At least I think that is what it means. I had it too really bad at first, I learned to carry some altoids in my pocket at all times. I worked in a tattoo studio as a body piercer then so I was in close contact with people alot. It will get better as the body adjusts.

As for the kitty, he is still hanging on, but I think he is starting to develop pnemonia (I know I spelled that wrong) so we are calling the vet again tomorrow to see what he says. When I talked to him last he said as long as he is eating, drinking and using the pan he could hold on for several more weeks. He is not in pain and seems content to be where he is, in my bathroom. I will keep everyone updated, but I am off to get the little one to bed and to take the dog out for one last potty before I go to bed. Night all' ~Mandy