Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

My little doggie is spoiled rotten as are all of my pets and of course my daughter. Today is my DH b-day, I am making a roast and a carrot cake for him. He worked until 8 this morning so he is sleeping and me and dd are preparing food for when he wakes up. It has been a sad few days around my house, my senior cat is slowly slipping away. He is not in pain and seems to be eating and drinking ok, but he hasn't moved from the same room in almost 4 days. We relocated his litter pan and food and Water so he could stay put and be comfortable. We prepared my daughter for his death today, that was really hard. We tried to explain that he is old, and has lived a very good life. He has been with me through my wls, my gall bladder and both foot surgeries. Never leaving my side. It is hard to say goodbye to a companion like that. He is like a child to me, and I don't know how I will cope with day to day without him. I have fought tears for days and today I let them out and they just haven't stopped. Unfortunatly I think tomorrow will be his final day, I think the vet is going to recomend putting him down, and I will because that is the only fair thing to do for him. Please keep me in your prayers, my little guy is going and he is taking my heart with him. ~Mandy

Dear Mandy, I know how hard it is. I had to say farewell to my cat baby pal, Athena, several years ago, it has been now. She was my kitty when I was single, then moved with me when "we" got married to my DH. She was by my side when I had my DD, sat up at night with me during the late night feedings. She was about 14 when it finally came time to say goodbye, and we had her humanely put to sleep. I probably should have done it sooner, but it was so hard. God gave us a special gift in having companion animals, and they have always been a blessing. I will send prayers up for your kitty baby, and you.

The prayers and kind words mean more than you guys could possibly know. He is resting right now, but was up and eating a little while ago. He is almost 9 but was obease most of his life. We adopted him 3 1/2 years ago and helped him lose weight. He is an amazing cat, he used to play fetch, give paw and he would actually bump noses with me when I would request a kiss. He is a friend, a companion, a playmate to my Abigale and a baby to me. He loves to cuddle, and sleep just under my chin so he is breathing my breath. Sometimes I joke that he was my twin in my former life. We have the same attitude and are both sleepyheads. He will leave a huge void in my life. ~Mandy

Hi everyone,

We had a good day yesterday, and having a so-so day today. Rick was up coughing last night, the remnants of his bronchitis...scares the you know what outta me when he coughs so much. He did fine by it, just didn't get much sleep. I know what you mean Betty about the flu season---and the worst culprits for colds and such are our grandkids, but we can't turn them away!!! Going to have to have faith here I think. I know what you mean about the surgery on your foot, but people told me I would always regret my knee surgeries, and they were soooo wrong--one of the best decisions I ever made, I had days I was unable to function, because walking was impossible, and the weather just killed me, now I barely remember it...I know not all surgeries go well, but if it isn't improving without it, I would go for it!

Eileen-poor you and Patty!!! Back pain I can relate to, I have a herniation of the L-4 & L-5. at a S-1 station. My lost weight has helped, although they said it probably wouldn't, gonna just be glad it did!

Hip pain is part of a sciatic (the S-1) pain for me...around here we refer to my sciatic nerve as my psychotic nerve, because it makes me a psycho!! Hope you both are mending quickly...I hate that you hurt!

Cindy-your DD's party sounds like very little girls fantasy day. How fun!! I miss those things, but have a granddaughter headed that way! We have the United Blood Services, come to our little town once a month or every 6 weeks or so...for a long time, I was ineligable to donate...I was anemic prior to my cancer DX and then of course couldn't donate with the chemo etc. I have not tried since, I do not know if I can or not, but I will tell you if I can...I will be a regular. Rick and I both are a very common, highly needed blood type, O+. I am not sure what I would have done if they had needed to tell me they had no blood for him. So it woke me back up!! My Mom has her 5 gallon pin from steady donations! My best friend told Rick she donated blood for him and he is now a Cowboys fan (he is a Bronco's guy---15 yrs. in Denver did that change!!). Will let you know what I find out about donating!

Darcy-I have heard good things about the warranties on those cars, maybe they will straighten up! I hope so! How are you feeling now that you no longer glow??

Mandy--Sorry about your kitty. I had to have my dog put down, several years ago, and am just now feeling like I am ready to try it again. My dog, put her life on the line with my abusive ex many times, and it was so hard, I can understand your hurt, and send my love and prayers to you and your family.

Mary-Figures the kids sit and wait for him....been there done that. Makes you want to shake some sense into the Dads. At least the kids have you, and they are getting to an age where they see it all, whether they acknowledge it yet or not, they know. Poor things! Good luck on the dog issue!

Chris- how's the port feeling...keep us posted!

Pat--thanks for the message, it all gives me such hope...you are all so special to me!

Sherry--got your house back to normal yet? Enjoy some down time with DH...

Dianne--someone said get well---what did I miss?? Hope you are ok!!

Beannie--where ya at???

Gotta tell you guys looking at my DH is so weird, he usually wears a mustache and goatee, has for years, and they shaved pieces off to tape his tubes...so we shaved him after they come off....he looks so strange to me!!! My folks say he looks lots younger....I know I will adjust, it is just so strange!!!

Oops--if I missed anyone will catch ya later, some of the guys are here to check on DH....bbl

Kat

Hi gang,

Thanks for all your hugs and encouragement! I am starting to feel better. Next Sunday is the anniversary. I haven't paid attention to the baseball games so I don't even know who's on first..lol...

I've been home alone a lot lately. DH away kids in and out. Lucy, Sandy, Poose and I all hanging out together. I'm sure God is preparing me to be by myself more often, since kids will be off to college in a yr or so and DH travels so much. At least I have the girls..lol..

I'm reading a book written by Lysa TerKeurst called What Happens When Women Walk in Faith. It is really helping me right now, with food and everything else is life. I highly recommend it.

Sherry-HI

Kat- He's HOME! YAY that is amazing! I haven't been on since Thursday or Friday and I'm just catching up! I'm so happy for you guys! Prayers are amazing..GOD is amazing!

Eileen-I hope your feeling better by now. Are you having fun poking DH! It's always good for them to get a poke once in a while!..lol...

Pat-How are you doing?

Patty-hi there, Chick flicks are GOOD! I sure hope your feeling better.

Mandy-The puppy is so cute! I'm so sorry about your cat. It is so hard to watch them in the end days. He knows you love him. It's been 2 yrs since my Maggie(cocker mix) died. There are some days I look at her picture and tear up, but most of the time I look at her picture and I smile. BIG HUGS

Cindy-That is so cute about the ice cream! LOL What a suck up..lol..smart kid! Those kids are going to miss you! Good luck with the sale.

Veggestyle-The 20th of November is a great date! My Grandmother will be 98 that day she is flying to NC to Celebrate her birthday with us. She is healthy and happy. So since the 20th is the first day of the rest of your life, your gonna have a good one!

Mary-That's really something about your iron! How long did they say you needed to wait? Sorry about the car. I bet they will be great about taking care of it once they see the problem. DH loves his Sonata. When it's time for me to get a new car I think we'll get another one. GL.

Chrispy-Wow that is scary about your port. Hang in there. I hope it's looking better and your taking lots of Vitamin E and Echinacea!..hugs...

Darcy-Hi GF!

Betty-I hope you got to read the book and have some hot tea today. Thanks for the hugs!

Well it's jammie time and maybe a cup of tea. Have a good night and feel good!

Happy Monday!

No funny stories today...just a regular day.

I've got a dr. appt today, so I'm working in my room during my regular lunch time...

It's still raining here today, which is a good thing, since we need it so badly!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hey Y'All!

I am alive and well... I don't have time to go back and address all that has happened with all of you since I last posted - but I will update you on the wonderful world of Irene. :]

No Earth Shattering or Life Changing stuff - just little daily kind of excitement.

My scale dropped a little - it is now hovering in the 305 range... I actually hit a new low on Saturday of 304. I have vowed to break the 300 barrier before I return to my Doc's office on November 2nd - so I have some work to do - but I am still excited.

DH & I have been exercising again - and we both feel better for it. I did a steady thirty minutes on the Evil Eliptical the other day. Remember when I had to fight for 15 minutes? I feel pretty good about that.

I also went shopping in my own closet... I have bags and boxes of clothing in all sizes in my closet. My mother and sister have always been big gals, too - so we have done some clothing swapping over the years. While sis and mom were living together about a year ago - they went on some crazy diet together and lost a bunch of weight - so I am currently in possession of all their "fat clothes" and all the clothes I gave them when they got too small for me. Well - I am wearing a shirt out of that collection today - and I have several other "new" items in my closet to wear in the near future. It is also nice to be able to get into my old clothes again. It's very exciting.

A friend invited me to a private screening of The Guardian over the weekend - so we went out in the rain to catch the flic yesterday. I can recommend it. It was very good.

Work is steady - same kind of crazed busy-ness that it always is. That's actually an improvment. By the end of last week, I felt like I was losing ground. At least there is hope that I might be caught up some time in the current millenium.

Speaking of which, I have to get back to the grind. I need to get out of here on time so DH and I can hit the gym again. I WILL break that barrier before the end of the month. I can tell you that it has been at LEAST 4 yrs since I was below 300 lbs - and I am not even sure I dropped below that number then. I was guestimating based on how my clothes fit in those days. I just don't want my doc to scold me again when I go in. It made me so mad the last time... *sigh*. It would have made me angrier if it hadn't all been true. Oh well.

Another day - another fraction of a pound.

I am thinking good thoughts for you and all your loved ones.

Love you guys!!

Irene

Congrats Irene! You'll get under 300 in no time!

Thanks to everyone for their support with the port incision infection. I saw the doc this afternoon and he said it looks great, and he is not worried at all. I still have to keep it dry and covered, but he thinks I am in the clear. Phew!

Chrispy, That is GREAT news!!!! I am so glad to hear that, I was worried about you. Keep up updated. ~Mandy

Yeah, Beanie! You GO, Girl! I promise, even fractions of pounds add up over time, and then it's all a distant memory...the agonizing, the worry....it's just...OVER. I know, I know, it's easy to say that, and I still go through the fretting when I am in the middle of a "plateau", but they are necessary evils. You are going to do this!

Chrispy, I am so glad the infection fear is passing, and healing up nicely. Do take care of yourself!

Chrispy - That is great news on the healing. That has to be a relief for sure. It looked good when I saw it Sunday and I can bet it was even better today. You're on your way girlfriend!

Bean - WTG on the exercise! I wish I had the UMPHHHH to do it. I need the push to "Git 'er done" but, haven't found it yet. Ya think having two dogs that I'd get the walking in huh? Instead they chase each other around the dang yard and stay way ahead of me. Mom's got a treadmill downstairs that she says I can use anytime and I got a Dreadcycle sitting in my living room looking at me every day...ya think I'd try it? Hmm maybe hearing your successes with exercise will get me going. Congrats on the scale movin too :rolleyes:

Cindy - Hope your visit with the doc went well. Sometimes no story is a good thing for a day too :D. You've done awesome with your weight loss! Your DD's party sounded like alot of fun. I was a licensed manicurist and did a bday party with the hairdresser. It was alot of fun..I used to love to do artwork on their little nails. :eek:

Diane - Jammie time and tea sounds like what today should of been. Burrrr it was cold here today, frost on my car too. Sounds like you're reading a good book...now merge all three together and ahhhh relaxation :)

Kat - I can only imagine what each cough did to you knowing what they told you. I hope your hubby's cough went away and he's feeling better today. Prayers are still being said for you both.

Mandy - So sorry to hear about your pet. How is he doing today? I've never lost a pet before but, after loving these dogs of mine.......I can only imagine how it is. We're here for you.

Patty - I popped out my hip twice in the last two weeks. I immediately went to my chiro to get it put back in. One time laying on the table one leg was almost 2 inches shorter than the other that's how bad I popped it. I could feel it happen too....swung my work bag over my shoulder and POP. Yeap the bag is too heavy but, am I still carrying it...yeap. DUHH ya think I'd learn. I hope you're feeling better.

Mary - That's pretty lame that the kids dad didn't at least call. Doesn't he know boys love to look at cars too? Sure it's not easy having them along sometimes but, heck.....if the dealer wants to sell you a car he'll put up with it lol. I know...I did it lol. I hope he called them today.

Betty - overdid it huh? I hope you're not sore today. How is the foot? Maybe jammies and a hot cup of tea IS what you need too :)

Darcy - Sorry you've been so stressed. Doesn't it really stink that stress doesn't always help us lose weight either? UGH. Ya think the energy our bodies use to make it through the stress we would burn the cals but, it never works for me. For me it's the opposit. Seems my body holds onto the weight AND I end up with a back ache or Migraine. I hope things are better for you today and you got to rest up.

Pat - How's it going? Any employee stories for me lol. I have 3 new hires going all at once and they're now interviewing to replace me. That means another person to train too plus I'll have to train for my new job. BUSY BUSY for the next 4 months for sure. So far the new folks seem like they are working out but, I dont' know how long I'll have one of them as she's travelling a rediculous distance. I have a suspicion that as soon as the snow starts she'll quit. Another repeats the last word you say after every sentence and the 3rd seems great lol. We'll see how it goes lol

If I missed someone it's cause the advanced mode only goes so far back hahaha Love ya all...Hope you're all doing well and shrinking!

Well I don't quiet know how to take this! My GF who had the Y back in March is now fitting into a size 10. All of her 12's are to big. She is very petite so I knew it was coming, but...Tonight she gave me a some clothes...AHHH..I need them I told her to give them to me but AHHH...lol...I'm happy for her. She doesn't see it in herself at all..who does that sound like...lol...but she didn't take any pictures of her self before the surgery, she wouldn't listen to me!

Irene-WOW your gonna make it girl!!! I know you are. I'm so excited for you! YOu sound happy and pumped up. That's great I'm cheering for you...GOOOOO BEANIEEE GO!

Chrispy-I'm so glad your doing better. That must have been terrifying for you.

Cindy-How was your Dr.s appointment today?

Eileen-How's the back ust be in season! My GF and DH can't stand straight!

Sherry, Mandy, Patty, Betty, Pat and everyone else hi!

OH I made this wonderful crockpot meal tonight and had 3 bites then hhorrible PB my throat is sore.

Question time, Is PBing 2 times a week way to much? Sometimes it's just stuck but at least once a week it comes up. Do I need to be conserned enough to tell the DR?