Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Chrispy trying to reach you via AIM but, can't. I hope everything turns out ok. Which surgeon saw you? Did they give you anything to put on/in it?

I'll log onto AIM Sherry. I saw Dr Jones. They didn't give me anything to put on it. Just keep it covered.

Are you on antibiotics? ~Mandy

Well my friends (that word seems so inadequate) I am a HAPPY, HAPPY, woman!!! Rick was released from the ICU night before last, and they upgraded him to a guarded condition yesterday...and I brought him home tonight! Once the ventilator came out, and he could drink, pee (without the dreaded Foley), and walked around, he improved quickly. They let him have heavier, full liquids, and he managed the requisite BM, so they let him come home. Our only issue now is to watch so he does not begin to bleed again. And that is something that simply remains to be seen...and we can monitor it from home. There is a blood clot in place, and the longer it remains in position the better, because the healing is going on behind it. The Dr. is shocked and pleased as he can be! Rick is his first patient he has ever left a balloon in for this long, and the first he has ever encountered with the problem, exacerbated by the blood thinners. He feels a bit like a bug under glass, because everyone sits and stares at him like he is going to do something...I do it because I am so unbelievably glad to still have him! But everyone watches is every breath to make sure he does not "do" something he shouldn't! Right now he simply cannot lift or strain, he is not supposed to cough if at all possible, he is taking cough Syrup, if he feels like allergies are a problem we will treat that, they don't want him sneezing repeatedly, and the absolute worst no-no of the bunch is throwing up. To throw up is an almost guaranteed repeat performance without the guaranteed repeat recovery. Rick is weak as a kitten, and white as a ghost....and alive!

And I am forever blessed with the most amazing of friends...both in and out of my house and life here, and on this board. No words can express my gratitude to all of you. I KNOW the prayers pulled him through. I will be back to catch up with all of you. I have not had a chance to read through all of the posts. I hope all is well with each of you.

Michele brought me home to shower the other day, and I ask her to let you know, knowing there would be prayers going up coast to coast. It is a comfort knowing the support is there, 24/7...You are an amazing and wonderful group of friends...you are in my heart...you are a part of me, and I thank you with every ounce of me (and that is a LOT of ounces!!!)

I will be back, I am going to go enjoy being home with my honey.

Once again---thank-you so very much!

Kat

Kat, that is wonderful news....God really does answer prayers. I am so happy for you. Keep him calm, quiet and make him rest. Prayers will continue. Hope he is feeling better very soon. ~Mandy

Oh Kat that is so great to hear!! Wonderful, wonderful news!!!

No antibiotics Mandy. My Dr said that since there is no infection yet, he didn't want to prescribe an antibiotic and have me develop a more serious strain of an infection, if I am going to get one. Can you follow that? lol But if I do get an infection over the weekend they will call me in a precription for Cipro.

Oh chrispy ~ is the area hot to the touch or just draining? is the drainage a certain color? I really pray it is not an infection and just normal drainage. If that makes any sense,. like what is normal right?

Kat ~ I am so happy that your Rick is on his way to recovery. May he continue to heal and that area get stronger each and every day.. Blessings

Well just was checking around on Ebay my one stop shopping. I wonder if there is a Ebay hot line for compulsive buyer.. I really need to quit ~

KAt... that is wonderful news!!!! (((Hugs))) Are they still considering surgery down the road or just letting him heal as is? Wow... I'm so happy for you both!

Eileen... Girl... gimmie those drugs... it's for your own good that I take some and make sure they are safe for your consumption. *snicker* Hope you get to feeling better soon... getting older sucks... there's nothing graceful about it...lol.

Mary...It sure is good to see your post and I am glad your life is moving on in a positive direction. THere are benefits to being single... no snoring... no mystery object poking ya in the back...hehehe... sorry. Ummmm... Complete control over the remote control... no big fish stories... testosterone free environment... and... you can watch chick flicks every night! In regards to a new car... well... tils my first ever and I am almost 40... and guess what... I already had to take it in to the service department...lol There is engine breaking everytime I take my foot off of the gas. *sigh* It took all afternoon to get the boys in the service department to understand what I was talking about... the computer said it was fine... so they said...it must be fine. Dorks.

Cindy... Yes... I have been studying... I taught a portion of class Wednesday night for the first time Wednesday night... yikers... I hate being the center of attention! Started my required volunteer training hours at the humane society too... worked with the cutest lil pup ever. In regards to the ice cream... I'll say the same thing to you as I said to Eileen... hand it over girl... I need to taste it and make sure it's safe. :D

Crispy... Dang girl... sometimes healing just doesn't go as planned. Follow your docs instructions and keep an eye on the surrounding skin. I'm sure it's going to heal up just fine. (((hugs)))

Mandy... Love all of the pics of the trip and absolutely adore the pics of Oreo! I agree with cindy...GREAT name!

Sherry...You are not home alone...you have all of us! I hate the feeling after family leaves... so quiet!

Veggestyle... Congrats on your surgery date!!!!! Soon we'll be welcoming you to Bandland!

Dianne... Sorry you are having a rough time of it... I sure hope you feel better soon! (((hugs)))

Betty... Love ya girl... Hope life is treating you great! How's the foot????

PAt... Are you still hanging around???? I'm a total POGO addict now... lol.

Irene... Sorry about the Job... man... sometimes life just isn't fair! I think everyone should get to do exactly what they love doing for a living... so darn it... stand up in the office and belt out a good song one day really soon... HEY... maybe you could dedicate it to the new hire. :D

PAtty... Has the lawyer given you any good news yet????

Anne...(((hugs)))

You know... I am seriously worried that something has happened to Donna... maybe we should post something on the main forum to see if anyone has any info on her????

Sorry if I left anyone out... I am really tired... too much stress this week and I think I burned a gazillion calories...lol.

Great news, Kat! We'll keep up the prayers, and you take care of the guy! AND yourself! God is good!

Darcy, did the service guys figure out what was causing the problem in your new van?

Mary, I wouldn't say the guy was off the hook, exactly...he still got to sit through a lecture on excessive and underage drinking...and I don't pull any punches! But I have to give him credit for the gesture...he knows I'm after him all the time because he can do better than he is right now. Somebody has to get onto these guys...sheesh! LOL!

I've only got 42 more days!

:typing: Dear Kat..... you made me cry. And, yes.... happy would not be the word I would use for how you feel. :confused:

I had to call technical support this morning cause my server had some problems.... but we are all OK now. I really enjoyed reading thru all the posts today, such a fun group we have here.

Eileen: Ultrasound back pain..... SO unfair. And 2 hours without help and in pain is unforgiveable. Customer service in med offices clearly sucks! I hope you are feeling better this weekend. Do you have a recliner chair?

Cindy:A student brought you ICE CREAM :hail: what will they think of next! I was told I need to write down all the funny stuff kids come up with at school..... thanks for sharing.

Darcy:I'm still waiting for the new car and I'm 47! Sounds like alot of fun, except for the car repair -- dorks. My lawyer hasn't said a word but I'm sure that office is flooded with clients just like me. Right now I'm not in any major hurry. I get sad when I pop out my hip or my clothes twist and hike up real stupid. I wanna be normal..... whatever that means.

Mandy: thanks for the list, I have almost everything from your list.... just need the OK to go!

Mary:That is SOOO awesome that you donate blood. When my Lewis had his open-heart we needed donors. We found 2 which was good but later he needed one more bag and they took from the blood bank which means that unknown person helped our family in a time of need. So I thank you for being such a giving person, since I will never know who helped my Lewie :yo:

Here's an extra wave to Dianne, Sherry and where is Donna?

This afternoon I have some chick flicks to watch and its raining here in CA.

Good morning!

Patty, you'll love this! Our school does a blood drive with Carter Blood Care twice each year...all the students and teachers! We usually get about 70 units each time. I think it's just fantastic that the kids are introduced to this type of giving at a young age, and that it's something they can do, just getting over a little fear, that can make such a big difference in someone's life.

The beauty shop birthday party went great yesterday! All 5 girls had cute little hair styles, manicures and pedicures (rainbow colors of pink, polka dots, flowers, etc). I served Cookies and fruit and juice there at the salon. We played DD's favorite CD's and did a little dancing (we had the salon to ourselves). Then, we went to the cute little ice cream parlor on the square in downtown, and had "make your own" ice cream sundaes. After that, we went across the street and played in the park, and my DH brought our two small dogs for the girls to walk and play with. The parents all came and got their little girls, and everyone had a great time!

One of the moms and I went to dinner and to a Chekov play at the university. I was a busy bee yesterday.

Today it is raining, and we are going to clean out a few pieces of antique furniture to get it ready to sell at auction next week - a big armoire and smaller hutch. This is part of getting the house ready to have the wood floors installed. Unfortunately, I feel lazy today, but I'll get those two things done!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Good Morning Y'all!

We are getting some badly needed rain here this morning, and it is supposed to rain all day and part of tomorrow. :clap2: :clap2: We need a good soaking rain!:phone: :):D

Kat - I was so happy to see you post, and so happy to hear things are going so much better. Wow, you might have your hands full with no coughing or sneezing. You better make sure anyone that comes to your house is not sick or has a cold. That is going to be tough during flu season! You are still in my prayers. Hugs and well wishes are being sent your way!

Eileen - I feel for you girl, bad backs are no fun. I have problems too, from a ruptured disc, and it can be pure hell! What helps me most are two things, a heating pad on it all the time, and lay on my bed and lift one leg up take my hand and pull on it towards my chest, then do the other one. It hurts while you are doing it, but it also helps loosen the muscles in there. I think asprin helps me more than any muscle relaxers or drugs of any kind. I was laid up for 7 months with my back, couldn't walk or even go to the bathroom by myself. I have to still be careful of what I lift, or how I bend over to pick something up. I can be fine one minute and bend over or twist wrong and boom I can't walk. I hope you get better soon, be good to yourself and take it real easy.

Cindy - Your party sounds so cool, I would never have thought of a party like that! You are so talented! :D :D :D

DArcy - How are you doing since the treatment? Can you tell a difference? My foot is still bad, not quite as bad as it was, but I still can't do much. I went with DH to a car show yesterday, walked for about 10 minutes and had to go sit in the car. I don't know, if it doesn't heal up soon I might just consider the surgery so I can live a normal life. DH said I shouldn't because it would mean a long time of healing and maybe never be the same.

Patty - You'll hear soon, if not call them! Don't worry if they say they never got it, you did make copies didn't you?

Sherry - Did you ever get a second offer on the job? If you told us I missed it. If so, did you take it? Hey enjoy your time alone! It's nice sometimes to have a little piece and quiet!:heh: :heh:

Pat - I have been wondering if you had the second opinion or not? I saw a special on the health channel and they had to do an implant for a woman on there who dropped too! Now, that would be me!

Mary - I was glad to see you post! I'm so happy things are going better for you!:confused:

Chrispy - Just make sure to keep a close eye on it, if it starts feeling warm or red, go back to the doctor again. Good luck!

Mandy - I bet by now you have that dog spoiled rotten! What a cute daughter you have by the way!

Dianne - I hope you are feeling much better now, I know how all this stuff can just zap you into a zombie. Take care and get some rest. If you need us, just know we are here.:plane:

Beanie - Hey girl I hope you aren't working yourself to death! Take some me time! The hardest thing for me to learn is no matter how hard I work for a company and how much I give up for them, it really doesn't make that much difference. I give my all, but I don't kill myself doing it anymore! Love ya girl!

Anne - Hope things are going ok for you, I haven't seen your smiling face on here lately!

Well, I am going to go check out the rest of the board, then get some work done, but not too much since I over did it yesterday. A good book and a hot cup of tea sounds pretty good to me today! Maybe I am just dreaming huh?

Good Morning,

That was truly a splendid day for your daughter. Sounded like so much fun ~ I wanted to do it:):plane:

Well we did not do much yesterday except to the Dog pound - they had a picture in the paper of a 7yr old Chihuahua but when we got there she was gone - so I will keep checking back. We have a long haired male that lives with my neighbor but I would like one for us. Oh well just not meant to be right now. Dad did not come or call for the kids yesterday since he was out vehicle shopping ~ he sold his car. So see if he calls them or takes them today. Other than that just a lazy day for us.

We too have a blood mobile that come to my work place and I usually give there. I really have to remind myself over and over that it is for the good of someone elses life or hello panic attack..:faint:

How were your movies Patty? We are having some decent fall weather that I actually went out and racked some leaves. I have some ants that infested my lawn and am trying to deal with them :confused:

Well gotta get Cristian his bath and then get me ready for the day..

HI Everyone -

Happy Sunday!

Well, it's overcast here but no rain.

Cindy:Your girlie party sounds wonderful! I once was the makeup artist for a girls party where the mom hired me to "doll" up the birthday girl and her friends. It was fun.

Yes, I stayed home yesterday because I seem to have popped out my left hip. The pain radiates down to my knee and nothing that I have tried seems to make it feel better. Betty just said something about asprin and heating pad..... I haven't tried that. Thanks. The movies that I saw yesterday were "the grass is greener" with my favorite Cary Grant. Why don't they make them like that anymore? Just dreamy! Well, I gotta get better, the kids come home tonight and being sacked out on the couch isn't option and I need to work tomorrow. Bye.