Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Good Morning Y'all!

Just stopping in to say hello before I go to work.

Kat - I sure hope things are still improving! I sent an e-mail to your friend but haven't heard anything back from her. My DM always said "no news is good news" so I am believing that in the case. Hugs and prayers my friend.

Mandy - Oh I love your dog. My DM and DD had one just like that and he was a sweetheart! I'm glad you found one you like so much.

Eileen - How is the gal doing after her surgery? I'm sorry, I can't remember her name and I don't have time to go back to look, but I think about her a lot.

Darcy - How are you liking the new vehicle? Aren't those the ones that have the great warranty, like 10 years or something? Looks like you are having some really cold weather up there too! Ugh, keep it up there, I'll send some sunshine your way!:lol::P:D

Cindy - Training is always good to learn, keeps you on your feet and the old mind working. Just ask me, I think I have learned more stuff in the last month than I did the last two years. Now, all I have to do is retain it all!:help:

Beanie - Hey girl, sorry about the job, but eveything happens for a reason, and I believe something better is in store you for! Hang in there!

Dianne - Sorry about all that has been put on your plate lately, hopefully things will get better for you too. Hugs!

Patty - Still keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you hear something soon!

Pat - Did you go for the second opinion? I am anxious to hear!

Chrispygal - How's things going? Hope you have a great day!

Sherry - I have lots of cookie/cake recipes, but I don't use recipes for meals unless I get one from someone else. I will check and see what I have though and see if they are band friendly. Of course if you want some that's not, I can look for those too!:D :D :D I just do all my cooking from scratch unless I see something that sounds good, then I try it.

Well I know I missed some of you, not because I want to but the clock says I have to go right now. So hi to all of you I missed and I'll catch you next time around.

Have a good one and don't take in any wooden nichols today!:D :D :D

Eileen, I'm so sorry about your hips...it's probably that flat table you have to lay on! And, it was probably cold, too! I hope you feel a lot better by the time you read this!

Betty, it's good to see you on here so early! I remember when you had lots of time to hang out here, but it's better this way, for you, anyway! We know how busy you are, now, but miss the long posts! I usually have time about this time of day...many of the students leave around lunch time, and it gets much more calm in here!

Dianne, sorry about the sad spells...just yesterday, I had a big one. It happens when a big family event is near - this time it's my DD's birthday, which is coming up- and I want to talk to my mom about it. It passes, but it's still sad.

Sherry, hey, no problem if you don't have the oomph for personals sometimes, or ever! Hugs! Sometimes things are just too hectic, and we understand (hope no one minds that I speaking for all of us!)

Darcy, whatcha doing? Are you really busy studying?

Kat, if you are able to check in, just want you to know that those prayers are still going up for you and Rick.

Hugs all around, Cindy

Darcy, I just read my question, and it sounded like I was questioning IF you were studying, and what I was wanting to know was if you were really busy with it, not IF you were really studying! I sound SOOOO the teacher!

Sorry to hear about your back Eileen. Isn't it horrible how easy it can be thrown out sometimes. I had a massage once that felt so fantastic, but the aftermath was horrible because it threw my back out. I couldn't stand up straight for 3 days. lol. I hope you feel better soon!

Eileen-Be careful with that back of yours. Feel better.

Betty-Thanks, I'm tired and having a tough emotion journey right at the moment. I'll get over it. DH is gone all this week and Saturday is the only day we will see each other this weekend. So I'm also bummed about that.

Cindy- WOW you just helped me more than you can imagine! I know what's wrong with me..lol...well sort of....I always get real bummed this time of yr. My DD was VP of CBS special events. Mostly sports! He was in Boston when the Red Socks and Mets were in the world series and he died there. It will be 20 yrs on the 22nd of this month. I can't believe it will be 20 years! WOW Hang in there I know you miss her. It really doesn't go away it just goes in spells.

Kat-I've been thinking and praying for you and Rick all night and day. Hugs

Beanie-What's happening?

Patty-You must feel good knowing that your fighting back.

Everyone else HI

Well I have to do some work around here and then get ready for our core group girls to come. DD is going out of town today so I'll have the girls alone. I think only one is coming though. Then tonight I'm going to a candle party woweee!!! I know I'll spend $ but maybe I can just get a bunch of Christmas presents taken care of.

Hey everyone...Ohhh my.....alone in my house again. I like it but, I miss them too. The baby is so adorable too. They just called and said they made it home safely...whew.

My band had been pretty finicky lately. I can't eat much the past few days and I'm getting a wicked bubble feeling in my tummy. I constantly feel like I have to burp so my body is naturally swallowing a little air to try to push up the rest of it and it's making it worse. Any clue how to stop that? I find I'm having to tell myself STOP IT lol. I don't know why I'm doing it but, man it's rumbling in there but won't move. I want to eat but, can't eat more. UGH. Well maybe I better go walk around to see if I can move it.

Eileen - no chiros for you? I threw my hips out twice in the last two weeks and went immediately. It was a great help. Anytime I lay flat on my back it happens easily. Did they put a pillow under your knees?

Sherry, try gas-x or tums gas relievers. I was also told that bean-o works but I haven't tried that. I do chewable gas-x and it works. ~Mandy

Hello All,

I am so happy that it is fall. Fall is such a beautiful time of the year, especially here in Chicago with all of the leaves changing and the weather getting cooler.

I am going to be changing pretty soon too...after much hard work and red tape...my surgery date is set for November 20th. Please Celebrate with me b/c not many people in my life are supporting me right now!

Thank you all for everything! :lol:

Veggestyle, who is doing your band? Congrats on getting that date, the days will fly by. Do you have a list of things you will need post-op? I have a great shopping list, I will find it and post it later today for you. ~Mandy

My shopping list for post-op

heating pad

flexible ice pack

liquid tylenol (they make adult strength)

chewable or liquid gas-x

a few books or movies

comfy clothes (loose waisted shorts or jumpers)

squishy pillow for car ride (guard against seatbelt)

a sports bra (doc said no underwire for a few days)

protien shakes

flavored water

make sure you have a good blender

I bought a drink mixer for the protien mix (cost $10 at walmart)

broth or stuff to make broth

sugarfree popsicles and jello

sugar free gum (ask your doctor)

sugar free breathmints (ask your doctor)

*Ask at your pre-op for the pain med prescription so you can have it all ready to go when you get home, our walgreens has to order liquid pain meds and it takes 3 days to get them.

Hello Hello ~ figured it was high time I came and did some postings. I love to lurk through out the day but it is hard to post when I have this huge screen and are cube walls are short so anyone walking by or sitting behind me can see what I am up too.. My boss is already here so I need to hurry along.

Kat ~ Praying that everything keeps getting better for Rick. I cannot even imagine what you are all going through. My heart just breaks for you all.

{{{{HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS}}}

Thanks to your friend Michelle on keeping us updated..

Mandy & Patty ~ I am so jealous! I have never in my life been to Disneyland or Disney World. I would love to take my kids and make those memories with them. Maybe one day when I go visit my Brother in Escondido I will go for sure. And of course meeting the CA Bandsters that would be over the top for me. Patty Crossing & Praying that everything comes together this time around.

Chrispy - hi

Mandy ~ I love the pics ~ Oreo is just to cute as well as the wee one.

Irene / Beanie How are you girl? Sorry you did not get the position. Big Loss to your boss the Loser. My boss has pulled me aside to say that he is offering me a different position and Yada yada but I never see a change. I think he gets bored and wants to see what reaction I will give him. Like I really care!

Eileen ~ I am so sorry about your back!! How are you doing today??? Any better?? I bent over last night to pick up something off the floor and lo and behold there went the hip when I tried to straighten up. Thank God after awhile it went back into place.

How is your brother & niece doing? They are both in my prayers

My brother is going through his seperation. And now he found out that all the time he was living with his ex she was getting a SS for the children. Now the state wants the money back and his ex is saying he never supported the kids. It is such a mess and to top it off they found drug paraphanilla in her house. Now she has a federal charge against her. I tell my brother as much as he wants to be nice to her and do the whole thing civil ~ sometimes you have to fight through the lawyers to protect yourself and the kids. Sad Huh?

By the way when will you get your results from the ultrasound?

Betty ~ Hi Chica - How are you doing - How is that foot?

Cindy ~ Here Here I agree with you. I keep saying I will post later but later comes and something always comes up that keeps me from sitting and posting. I am really surprised at all the ongoing Training you teachers get.. My hat off to you.. I myself learn something new everyday and not because I want to. My boss somedays hops over and watches how I am researching a problem then offers to show me a more complex way of getting the results. Somedays he seems like Michael from " The Office". I usually find my own short cuts:)

Dianne {{Hugs}} are you doing better? There are different seasons that trigger my thinking or just picking up the phone to call my Grandma/Mom. It was 20 yrs in July and Nov 2nd would have been her BD.

Sherry ~ congrats on the new position ~

Pat ~ Hi ~ what's the word??? How is you son and the little one doing?

Veggie ~ WOO HOO Conrats on getting your date set..

Darcy ~ are you riding around in that new vehicle and not enough time to post? I wish I could get a different or newer car but I cannot afford an extra payment right now. I just need to save some cold hard cash and shoot for next year.. Who knows? How is studing going? See ya in here:D

Nates Mom ~ Hi

Ira ~ How is the wife doing?

hope I have not missed anyone ~ trying to hurry ~ posting on and off.

Well not to much is going on in my neck of the woods. The boys and I are doing great. I had teacher conferance for both last night and each got good reviews. Both need to cut down on being chatter boxes but if that is the worst then I can deal with that. I am still kinds home schooling them at night and it is paying off. I get alot of support and info from a friend here thathool that her husband home schooled their five sons. The Oldest now attends Baylor and the remaining have entered public school this year.

Lets see ~ I went to go give blood at the request of the blood donation center. I seem to have B RH positve which is not all that common so they say. Anyway when she checked my Iron I was a 34 so they would not let me donate untill I brought it up. That is a first for me cause I do not feel under the weather or tired. I started taking chewable vitamins and trying to take in more red meat. It is hard for me to eat alot since my restriction is more so with my sinus problems. On another note I have finally met my deductable on my ins and they are now paying 80/20 so my 260.00 nexium is on 53.00 and then with the 30.00 I get from the maker I can finally afford to take 2 pills a day. I am still single and not looking just enjoying my time as mom and working for my children. Well chicas not much to post, But I know that I have made a book here today.. Love you all and Hugs toooooooo

Hi Everyone,

I will write more, promise... my meds are kicking in and my eyes are shaky LOL WHOOOHOO :D jk.

Went to the doc for pain and muscle relaxers... I stood crying in the waiting room for 2 hours..and this is an urgent care place... the part that angers me is there was no one waiting but me ....then 45 minutes in the pharmacy....sigh... I'm home and thats what matters. I had to buy a cane b/c the doc said to... I'm leaning more to the one side when I walk and thats gonna injure me more trying to compensate for the pain.....so I bought a purdy cane w/butterflies on it LOLOL !!! do I feel old??????? ummm YEP yer dang tootin.

Okay lovies. I see alot of posts but need to nap... I'm exhausted.

Bbl...love you all.

Mary, it was so nice to read your really newsy post! A treat for Friday! Yes, they train and train...the problem is, it's not new. However, it is probably very useful for the newbie teachers, so I put up with it, for their sakes! LOL!

Dianne, I am sorry about your dad. I am sure you are totally right, it comes in spells. When I started understanding the pattern, it helped me get through them. I hope it helps you, too!

Eileen, take that medicine, and pretty soon you won't need the cane, but at least it's attractive, right?! I sure hope you are feeling better really soon!

Funny story: I have a student, a guy, who is living on his own, so naturally, his apt. is the magnet for all drinking parties, and his 4 friends are starting to miss a lot of school, due to being hungover after being over there. Or, should I say...they sleep in over there, you know what I mean. So yesterday, a few them were in class, but not "the one". I was bustin' their chops over their decision-making abilities...in my usual sarcastic, but loving (of course) way....one of them said H. was gonna bring me flowers today to apologize (suck up) and I said to tell him not to bother, it wouldn't work anyway. Well, today H. came in, not with flowers, but a pint of Haagen-Daas Rocky Road ice cream! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! You gotta hand it to him...these are some adorable, clever kiddoes, here. I'm still amused. So, it's lunchtime now, and I'll eat my little pitiful salad, and enjoy my ice cream! I'm crackin' up!

Love all you wonderful girls! Cindy

Hi Cindy ~ so i take it, he is off the hook.. Yummy

Eileen I am so sorry for you - rest and take care

Well update ~ yes we had the meeting ~ yes I am given the part he talked to me about ~ along with it came extra duties. We just down sized in the Dept and the gal I would always grip about - slacker, wanderer, Gum clacking drive me nuts is no longer here. I am sad that she was let go but in a way relieved that those of us that actually work hard ( I know - I'm on line) but do not know when I will do a full book post.. well gotta work..

Hi ladies. I just got back from my surgeon's office and I'm a bit nervous. Earlier today I noticed some draining from my port incision. So I called and they had me come in. My surgeon played around with my incision, actually opened it up, and drained whatever was in there. He said it wasn't an infection - yet. I have to keep it covered, stay in, and go back to see him on Monday. He said there is a 30% chance that it will turn into an infection, but that everything looks ok for now.

So I am really worried. He admitted that if I do get an infection, it will likely mean that I will have to have my port replaced. Ugh!! So any extra prayers or good kharma you want to send my way will be appreciated!