Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Oh dear... Kat... when I read Michele's post my heart just dropped... I pray that Rick's condition has stabalized enough to allow surgery and that you are both surrounded with friends and family and all of our prayers. Michele... I hope you are able to give us an update soon... Kat... you know that we would all be right there with you if we could... (((((((((((((((((((((Big Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm just checking in to see if there was any update on Kat's husband. I will keep praying.

Mandy where do you usually stay? I took my gson a couple of years ago and we stayed at the Caribbean, I was so disappointed, they didn't offer room service, the rooms were small, there was no balcony to sit on and have my coffee. Call me spoiled, but I don't travel often, but when I do, I like to be pampered, especially with delivery of my morning coffee. That's one of my fav parts of Vegas, although, there's no balcony on the 14th floor, guess they'd be afraid of too many suicides, LOL.

Anyone have word on Rick's condition or how Kat's doing?

AND, where is Donna?

We stay in the values, there is limited room service but that's fine with us. We are up and out to early to order food. We stay in the "all Stars" they are just regular sized hotel rooms with a Disney theme. On the way to the bus we grab a coffee or a juice at the food court. Then we have a coffee later in the park if we want it. We are out of the room by 8 most mornings and not back till 1am or later most nights. We are there for the parks, not really to be spoiled. ~Mandy

Just checking on news from Kat.

All this talk about Disney has me thinking about doing a park today. Can I ever get some of my LBT girlfriends together for a stay at the Original Disneyland? Beinets w/ coffee at the Jazz Kitchen, traspsing thru the waterfalls at the Disney Hotel, front row seats for Fantasmic and NO waiting for Haunted Mansion! And discount Disney shopping..... I know where the locations of 2 discount shops with resort merchandise! Brewing any interest yet? Have any of you read the book "Mouse under Glass" by David Koenig? My kids love this book, all the insider information about the parks from its beginning. Anyone need a copy of this book? I know David and he would even autograph one for you! Enough said, I think I feel well enough to spring the twins from class and kidnap them for a few hours.... I'm such a bad mother -- heh, heh, heh!:clap2:

Pat:Come stay and play.... I will bring you coffee! Hugs.

OMG I did not see the post on where Rick got sick only the one on Kat's DD. I so sorry Kat ~ my prayers are with you Both. (((HUGS))))

I have not read Mouse Under Glass, I would love a copy, how much are they? I thought I had read all things Disney. I have never been to Disneyland but have always wanted to go. We were planning to hop out there this fall for the Halloween party with some cast members from the World, but their plans changed so we ended up back at WDW for the long weekend. I was born and raised in Jacksonville FL so only about 2.5 hours from World, that was a part of my childhood that I will never forget. I wanted to instill the same type of memories in Abigale. She loves walking hand-in-hand down Mainstreet with her Daddy and sharing a Dolewhip with mom. Everything is cool to her too but she loves the quiet moments waiting for fireworks or prades adn snuggling in our laps while watchng Wishes, singing right along. That is the most perfect moment ever if you ask me.....~Mandy

Hey Y'all -

no time to write today - only to read.

Kat - hugs! I am thinking the best thoughts for Rick that I can think.

Love to All.

Hi Kids,

I'd love to stay and play too butttttttttttttttttttttt and thats a big butttttttttttt LOLOL

Kat.... ~ ~ sending more prayers your way sweetie ~ ~

I can't wait to come back to look at Mandy's pictures and Patty... hope its good news from the lawyer *crossing fingers*

Pat, Darcy, Crispy, Sherry, Cindy, Beanster, Mary and the rest of you lovies.. :)

ttyl

Hey guys! Work is going well. Ive been a little stressed out but i cant complain . dont have much time to talk to day but i just wanted to send everyone my love, hope everyone is doing well

Hi my friends,

It is 11 PM and I am home to shower, they kick me out of Rick's room from 10-midnight each night. Our news is good. The balloons seem to have done the trick for now, the bleeding has been stopped for now. They will be re-scoping the area within the next day or so to see if they think it will hold or if they will attempt to operate. The surgeon said it would be in an area very difficult to reach as it is the back of the esophagus that tore loose from the stomach. He has developed an allergy to the preservative in the plasma they were giving him, so he has slowed down his coagulation time again. All this thickening of the blood to stop the bleed is putting pressure on his recent heart surgery....it is an evil battle. Today they did remove the balloons all together, and he has remained stable. They are weaning him from the ventilator tonight.

Girls, I knew he was sick when he began throwing up blood, but he was his normal self...all attitude, and I thought they could fix him, when they had me leave to do the scope down his throat, I have not seen him concious since that time. The Dr. was shocked he lived through the first night, now he too is giving me some hope. But when he told me to get his children in to say goodbye, my world crashed around my feet. I cannot tell you.

I love you all, and I am comforted knowing he is in so many prayers. I feel the hope I have been hangin on to for the last couple of days today, I am so relieved there was no more bleeding so far. He has received over 25 units of blood...but as of tonight his all important H&H numbers have remained steady rather than falling. This is the first night the Dr. has not ordered more transfusions.

I have to go shower and get back. I will try to update when I can, and you can check in with Michele...I talk to her regularly. I am truly blessed with friends both here at home and here on line! I also have my cell phone with me at all times 505-486-5083. Thank you all so much! Keep praying I know it is working!

Kat

Kat...reading your post nearly broke my heart...I'm so sorry this has happened and I pray that you dear hubby will continue to improve. Is he unconscious at this point due to sedation for the ventilator? Are there times that are better for calling as I know some hospitals don't allow cell phones? Honestly...I sent Michele my home number and I have unlimited long distance...call me ANYTIME that is good for you and I will call you right back. We are all with you in spirit ((((Hugs))))

Kat - I am still keeping you and your family in my prayers. I am glad to hear he is doing a little better. I check here even when I can't post to see if there is any news. Just know we are all there, hugging you and holding your hand!:wacko:

Oh Kat, I'm so glad things are looking up. I realize he is still in critical danger but this gleam of hope has surely given me a peaceful feeling. You can count on us for prayers and mostly love darling. Don't you worry about us, you just take care of yourself and your family. :hug:

Well back to work.... :wacko: