Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Excited Yet So Nervous!

I'm a 29 year old female that has been battling obesity since 13. In high school to stay at a size 13/14 I had to starve myself and exercise 3 hours a day just to maintain. Needless to say what happened in college was stress and an I un diagnosed thyroid condition and soon I was struggling to stay in a size 18

So now I'm 5'9 and 312 lbs. started this process at 324 in may. I am going to be sleeved oct 25th. I am so afraid of the pain, that I do not handle well. I am so excited to meet the me that I used to know. The me that has been hidden over the last 10 years.!!!

Congratulations on the beginning of your journey! My surgery date is the 22nd, only a few days away from yours! Actually, my height and weight are almost exactly the same as yours too, ha! I wish for you so much success, we can do this! Do you know when your pre-op appointment is or when you start the liquid diet?

My pre-op diet starts on the 11th. I believe that's mostly liquids high in Protein and a very low cal/carb diet. I see the surgeon again on oct 16th. I'm just so nervous. I never thought i would have to get surgery to maintain a healthy weight. But here I am!!! I have literally done everything only to struggle with the same 40 lbs. :(.

Hey, just think about the rewards! This surgery is going to change your life for the better, and it will be 100x easier to maintain a healthy weight! The sleeve is such a more permanent solution than just dieting in the long run, and you should be so proud of yourself for getting up the courage to come this far! And for deciding to do it so early in life before health problems come about!

I start my pre-op diet on the 10th, so if you get stressed or worried, or just want to b***h about the pre-op diet, you just message me and we can help eachother through this! This is one of the best things we will do for ourselves, don't forget that :)

Here's the up side: I've yet to talk to or read that anyone regrets the decision to take this life-changing step. Sure, the first few days, you will think, "what was I thinking?!?!?", but that will pass.

Good luck to you both!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches