Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused

Hey oldspark...Had my banding yesturday. Surgical experience was totally positive. The small amount of discomfort in the "port" area is easily taken care of with the liquid Lortab pain medication given to me. Learning how to drink and belch easily (and silently). Started on shakes with added Protein, Soup, liquid vitamins, and Water. I'm not drinking enough of that because my mouth is very dry. I'm sure I'll get in practice. Hope all is well.

Hi there people,

The more i stay on this site the less positive i am about being banded.

My banding date is October 18th but..

Im not sure if all the " adjusting " being banded will be worth it.

You see i,m 6,1, tall ( 185 cm )and was about 260 lbs (120 kg).BMI 36

So i do look big though it,s more of a belly,

BUT since seeing the surgeon i have been on Optifast VLCD and lost 22lbs

(10kg) and by surgery time i will have lost another 22lbs (10 kg) and my goal wieght is about 200lbs (90kg).

So i will almost be there any way.

After banding i will have to change my eating habits , exercise ect so why cant i do that without being banded and avoid all the hassles.And possible complications and disapointments the some of you have.

I have been overwieght for the past 25 years and have yo yoed up and down most years

Am i making sense or just confused. HELP............

Mark

I think everyone of us here did do it without the band but just kept coming back. Also when you see results of what the band is doing and the weight is not coming back on, (like so many times before) the excersize and eating right will not be such a dreaded task.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches