Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 months post op and am curious as to how much other people can eat at one time. For instance, I can eat an entire 5 oz. can of tuna no problem. On some of the online stuff I look up, it seems other people can eat only tiny amounts of food. I'm also reading conflicting articles on how hard it is to stretch a sleeve. Some say easy to do, others say very tough to do. I am pretty full after a can of tuna or sardines but still have room for a celery stick with laughing cow filling. What are your food intake limits and how far removed from surgery are you? Thanks in advance.

I'm 3.5 months post op and I can hold about 3/4 of a cup of food....but I am revision with a small dilated pouch at the top of my sleeve, which allows me to eat a tiny bit more than the typical sleeved person

No it's very uncomfortable if I over eat

Good Morning-I am not sure how hard it is to stretch the sleeve but I cannot eat too much at one time. Most of the time I am drinking Diet Snapple and Water and not very hungry.

Well I'm almost 2 years post-op and when eating dense Protein (chicken, salmon, tuna, beef, etc.) I max out at around 4oz. I can still eat some veggies or some carbs at the same meal, but for the actual meat portion 4oz is my max limit.

When you are eating tuna, are you getting the 5oz from the label on the can? Because usually tuna is packed in Water (or oil...yuck) once you drain the Water, it's no longer 5oz. Just a thought.

And I still weigh and measure my food sometimes just to keep myself in check that I'm not going too big on my portion sizes.

Well I'm almost 2 years post-op and when eating dense Protein (chicken' date=' salmon, tuna, beef, etc.) I max out at around 4oz. I can still eat some veggies or some carbs at the same meal, but for the actual meat portion 4oz is my max limit.

When you are eating tuna, are you getting the 5oz from the label on the can? Because usually tuna is packed in Water (or oil...yuck) once you drain the Water, it's no longer 5oz. Just thought.

And I still weigh and measure my food sometimes just to keep myself in check that I'm not going too big on my portion sizes.[/quote']

You know, I was thinking the same thing about post drain weight. It is packed in water so I'm thinking an ounce of weight is actual water. I don't weigh my food, I go by labels and use my fitness pal to log what I eat, very helpful for tracking intake. I am down 69 pounds since surgery so I'm not overly concerned, just curious. Thanks for the input.

I am 3 months post op and am curious as to how much other people can eat at one time. For instance, I can eat an entire 5 oz. can of tuna no problem. On some of the online stuff I look up, it seems other people can eat only tiny amounts of food. I'm also reading conflicting articles on how hard it is to stretch a sleeve. Some say easy to do, others say very tough to do. I am pretty full after a can of tuna or sardines but still have room for a celery stick with laughing cow filling. What are your food intake limits and how far removed from surgery are you? Thanks in advance.

I too am about 3 1/2 months post-op and your capacity is similar to mine. One 5 oz. pack of tuna with a bit of light mayo and sugar free relish and I'm topped off.