Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Eating Too Much? Sleeved Aug 14Th.

To me that sounds about right.

My nutritionist said to eat about 6 small meals a day and drink all day long ( except the whole wait after you eat ) and if you are in the pureed stage ( as I am) you're supposed to eat about 1/4 a cup to 1/2 cup of food each meal. so to me it looks like you're doing awesome!

Have you tried clear Protein? I was unable to choke down thick Protein shakes too. Just an idea because to me it sounds like a lot of salt and carbs in your diet.

Congrats on being sleeved!

Much lower than I expected. Usually refried Beans have a much high carb/salt count. Good for you! Now I will go the other way.

You are getting too few grams of carbs and too few grams of Protein. You should be at 60 gm of Protein daily. Carbs try to keep below 30 a day, which you are doing. If not, your energy will very low.

Do you have a GNC nearby? If yes, go grab a Isopure 40gm Protein shake for about $4 each. The least objectionable taste to me was apple = think jolly green rancher. Now, these were not great tasting and I had to drink bottle over the day to choke it down. But this allowed me to meet my protein count.

Wishing you the best!

Give your nutritionist a call and get some guidance from them. They will be able to tell you exactly how many grams of Protein and carbs you need, as well as total volume and calories. They will also have suggestions for additional foods to try, to help you reach your daily goals.

Best of luck!

Too be honest, if it's pureed than it's okay, but if it's not, then it is too soon to be eating that much food. At 3 months out I was only able to eat about 5 bites of my food. Now I could eat a whole yogurt because it was soft and was able to condense down. Your stomach is still healing and you need to be extra cautious with what you eat, the consistency etc. This is the time to call your NUT ASAP for professional guidance. If you don't have one, call your surgeon's office and check with them. Good luck and thanks for asking. :)

It sounds high in sodium to me too. Can you switch up the ham with canned chicken or soft eggs?

9:am-1/2 can of canned ham (about three oz)

Noon-2oz refried Beans w/ 1 oz cheese

3pm-other half of canned han ( about three oz )

5:00pm-2 oz refined Beans

8:00 pm- 1oz soft cheese.< /p>

??????? Very scared I am stretching my stomach. Protein shakes make me gag!!!!!

I was sleeved the same day as you and this is what I ate today:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup macadamia muesli with low fat milk

Am tea - banana on 2 brown rice crisp bread

lunch - 1/2 boiled egg, 50 grams cooked chicken breast, raw green beans, 30gms tasty cheese, 2 x brown rice crisp bread, 1/4 small avocado

Afternoon tea - low fat cappucino

dinner - Small gluten free beef pie

Supper - 1cup Blueberries and watermelon

Pretty typical. Lots of variety to get in all food groups in at least minimum quantities. Impossible to get enough nutrition unless you are eating often. Hope this helps.

TIP - i was struggling with timing drinking around food. dietician suggested i drink a glass of Water (200ml average) 10-15mins before eating ad don't stress if you then don't drink again half hour after eating. This way you will drink at least 6 glasses of Water eat day before eating and you won't get thirsty!

I'm going to address something you said that the others didn't...about stretching your sleeve.

Please do a search on here for this topic. It's next to impossible to stretch your sleeve. You really have to work hard at constantly stuffing yourself. I was sleeved on 8/21 and I'm enjoying a whole variety of food. Switch things up! Start enjoying your food.< /p>

I was sleeved the same day. You are not eating too much. But i would try to get n more Protein. 2-3 ounces of food is typical. If you were eating too much you would likely feel it. Protein Shakes make me gag. So i try to make sure each meal is giving me the most bang for my buck- protein wise.