Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Sept 19Th Dont Feel Restriction

I was sleeved on sept 19th and I am just now moving to full liquids. One day out and I had no problem getting in my 40grams of protien 20oz (isopure) plus another 40oz of Water. I moved to full liquids today and ate a can of strained cream of potato plus my 20oz of Isopure and another 40 oz of water/apple juice all that through out the whole day plus a cup of milk I have never felt even close to full. Is this normal with liquids will it change when go I go to solids. Please advise I'm worried.

You are so newly sleeved that you wont feel restriction yet, I didnt really feel my until I moved on to solid Protein, just stick to your plan and you will do great :)

I hope so I'm concerned I guess I'll find out in a few weeks. Will mushys do it or solid food like chicken when I get there? Thanks for y'all's replys I feel better.

I hope so I'm concerned I guess I'll find out in a few weeks. Will mushys do it or solid food like chicken when I get there?

I felt the same way when I was first sleeved, I was freaked out because I thought "Oh great I got this surgery and dont feel anything how people describe"

Mushies you will feel some (at least thats how it was for me) but when you have chicken, beef, etc. you will take a couple bites and be done.

Agreed. Liquids and runnier foods will not make you feel full. Once you start in on blender foods or mushy stuff or whatever your next more solid phase is.... you'll feel it. No worries.

I didn't really feel the full effects for at least a month. Wait for some time to pass and your diet to normalize some.

I dint feel the restriction with liquids or shakes....but yest i had my first thick Soup and i knew when i had to stop...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

I felt the same way when I was first sleeved' date=' I was freaked out because I thought "Oh great I got this surgery and dont feel anything how people describe"

Mushies you will feel some (at least thats how it was for me) but when you have chicken, beef, etc. you will take a couple bites and be done.[/quote']

I had the same experience. Now in my 5th week I was getting worried because now I am really feeling the restriction. I can do between 1/4 to 1/2 cup mushies. I don't try solids till next week but don't think I will be able to tolerate much. I feel much better seeing this seems to be the norm.

I just started cream Soups and a lil mushy food. Two weeks out . The first week I told my husband I thought my surgeon tricked me. I said I bet he just punctured my tummy in six places. Fixed my hernia. I said I'm prolly a test patient . Like when they give some people a sugar pill and others the real thing. I was hungry! Well now I know I must have a stomach of a peanut. Cause when I eat now I feel soooo full! Like everything sits in my throat. I'm down 12 pounds. I can't believe it when I see people say they have lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks. I'm I on track?