Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Going A Little Too Well!

Thanks! I'm tolerating food well, and usually measure everything out. I'm so paranoid. I had Soup at lunch and may have eaten over a 1/2 cup. I was at a restaurant and didn't want to break out a measuring cup in front of all my co workers! I was full, but not in pain or close to puking. I read things on here(where I got the split the sleeve info) and appreciate the support, but sometimes it makes me more nervous than I need to be.

Yep.. That's why this obsessing has to stop for all of us Dont get me wrong, i'm measuring my food so i can track calories until I get good at it.. But not in a rest.. Just test it out, as I did so that you don't end up overeating and then realizing you ate way too much. the broth in Soup is liquid and will pass out quickly.. The other stuff will be mushy, so just chew it and enjoy

I too feel the same.i was sleeved 20th sept.i do feel hungry alot more than i thought.i hope it goes away.i had no pain other than a bit of gas on day one.im now12 days out an can drink normally.iv tried chicken chewed alot!!.very small bit but i tolerated it.im worried my sleeve is too big?.im now on a stall too.omg i think this journey is gonna be hard.

@vst addict, funny. I asked same question yesterday as I am ravenous at times.... My doc uses same size tool for EVERY patient... He laughed.. Alll are different and don't worry is that all have told me there... Of course, I was told, I get ravenous.. We are eating 800 calories a day. a 4th or 5th or what we used to eat/take in... I am told when i get my 1000-1200 over the next few weeks, I should be very satiated and to remember, ultimately, to maintain down the road i'll be on more.. Too son for me to know or comment more.

I'm about 5 weeks out and feel the same way. No pain, no nausea, no vomiting and haven't experienced a change in tastes yet. I'm not the fastest loser, but as long as i feel OK that's just fine with me!

I am also semi waiting for something to go wrong, I'm a worry wart by nature!

I'm still in a stall but its ok. Going to grill steak tonight and have a sweet potato. I weigh my meals out and bag them up so when i go back to work I'll be prepared. Finally got the kitchen scale today and was surprised that what i was estimating was 2 oz was pretty damn accurate. Have started some exercises w my hand held weights and my walking as it was too hot last 2 weeks. Slow and steady is ok with me as i only had 80 pds to lose.

Something to intake in here is that each doctor has their own preference of wht they want their patient to do & thts the guideline tht shld be followed. Doesnt mean one is right & the other wrong.

I had an easy time of it too. I didn't take any pain meds in the hospital (except for when I was groggy in the recovery room and was horseback riding at the end of week 2. I can eat anything, but don't of course.

Ok. I know there is no such thing as too good' date=' nor am I trying to brag.. Believe it or not, I am a bit worried that something is wrong because nothing seems wrong.. if that makes sense, lol! today is exactly one week post op!

As soon as I got out of surgery, I had almost no pain and was able to walk within 2 hours. Yes, I felt some pain on day 2 after I was released from the hospital, but it was really no worse than a hard day at the gym..

My doc also put me only on one week pre surgery liquid optimist and then put me on Clear liquids ONLY during the one day hospital stay. He put me on pureed foods literally the day I got back and for two weeks.

So, I started reading these forums and, well, I don't seem to hear from anyone who has it like this? My food goes down great. I got a bit of gas/reflux on the first few days, but almost nothing now.. I have no problem ingesting my 64 oz of liquid. I try to sip and not gulp, just in case, but have no issues even gulping if i want to. I get my 60 g of Protein in via one shake in the am and 3 meals throughout the day (pureed tuna/chicken/salmon or greek yogurt).. I can easily eat the full 4 oz in 5 minutes, but take at least 15 or 20 min. I am not hungry and feel great with that, but i see so many complaining about difficulty eating and drinking...

So, why am I worried? I don't know.. Did they really do the surgery right? No, I'm not hungry, but probably wouldn't after any surgery. Am I stretching my stomach by eating the 4 oz in 15 minutes? I did this in the hosptial also and asked my surgeon when he visited me if I can speed up my liquid intake, as the 200ml cups were killing me and it was a chore to take an hour to eat a few ounces of puree (meaning, i can eat it much faster).. I asked the surgeon if i can just eat and drink much faster than the diet calls for, although MUCH slower than I ever have ih my life. He laughed and said sure.. I need to hydrate and if there is no pain, drink the Water as it feels comfortable (ie a half glass at a time(. he said the same about the food!

Can i stretch my stomach with this food? Many of you in here write YES, but the doctors i research say that stretching takes a long time of abuse and won't happen this easily. Many of you say if you eat soft foods this quickly, I am at risk of leakage? The doctor sites and such don't agree with that.. It's the healing and need to go slow, like a baby, but that pureed food on day 2 won't cause any issues. Anyone else agree? I do LOVE this site and this is my first post, but I also know that people like to talk about things that they aren't experts on (like "no... stop eating pureed food or you will cause a leak).

So, love to hear your thoughts and anyone else that has had an easy go. By definition, I think people with troubles tend to post more than people with smooth sailing...... Also, love to hear from anyone who also went on soft foods as quickly as my doc told me to.

Thanks!!![/quote']

I love this post & read it often... I agree w/ everything that you said here... I see it as whatever works for each individual & food isn't the enemy-if anything we are our own enemy @ times... Thanks for sharing...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am with everyone here. 4 weeks out - 30 lbs lost - no pain killers after day 2- no vomiting - only get nausea when I don't chew well enough. Back to the gym yesterday for a light workout. Things are going really well. I too have been concerned that something was wrong with me because I felt great.

I am with everyone here. 4 weeks out - 30 lbs lost - no pain killers after day 2- no vomiting - only get nausea when I don't chew well enough. Back to the gym yesterday for a light workout. Things are going really well. I too have been concerned that something was wrong with me because I felt great.