Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constipated What Do You Take

I took Senokot (stool softener)' date=' after 1 week out, with as much Water as I could tolerate (which wasn't much post op). Doctor approved me taking it. I still find the need to take it every so often, even though I am 9 months out :(

I am interested in this Chia Seed plan. Could someone please elaborate more about them (what they are & what they do) and also let me know where I can purchase them. Many thanks![/quote']

Chia seeds are seeds from the chia plant. Same seeds you get with a chia pet. They absorb and retain Water.

The idea is that they hold enough water to soften your poo.

You can get them at almost any health food store & most higher end grocers.

OTR, do you think chia seeds are safe for a new (4 weeks out) sleeve? I am visualizing tiny seeds getting caught in my staple line and expanding...

OTR' date=' do you think chia seeds are safe for a new (4 weeks out) sleeve? I am visualizing tiny seeds getting caught in my staple line and expanding...[/quote']

If you soaked them before eating I would say yes. They swell & soften considerably. But I'd wait a couple more weeks before doing it like BtB does.

I take colace daily' date=' but I am getting ready to start chia seeds.[/quote']

How far out are you? Im wanting to do Chia seeds but waiting for right time.

Colace did nothing for me but using a generic stool softner works but I usually hv to take 3 at night & 3 mid morning to get them to wrk but everyone is diff.

How far out are you? Im wanting to do Chia seeds but waiting for right time.

Colace did nothing for me but using a generic stool softner works but I usually hv to take 3 at night & 3 mid morning to get them to wrk but everyone is diff.

I'm 4 months yesterday. But as long as you are on full foods the chia seeds are fine.

I'm 4 months yesterday. But as long as you are on full foods the chia seeds are fine.

Thank you! The softners make ne nauseated but i take them cause i hv too.

I am going to go and get some chia seeds tomorrow. I have been putting ground flax seeds in my shakes for the past 5 years. They are supposed to be really good for you.

Guess my morning shakes will now have flax and chia seeds!

Hmm I think I'll have to try some too, do they have a strong taste?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hmm I think I'll have to try some too' date=' do they have a strong taste?

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

They have no taste at all.

Thank you! The softners make ne nauseated but i take them cause i hv too.

They make me nauseous too. Im 3 weeks out and had to take them a few days ago and thought I might have the flu because I havent been nauseous at all except the day of surgery. But then all of a sudden I had to 'go'! And go I went. Unfortunately Im going to have to try it again.