Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Hate My Pre-Op Diet!

It is SO nice to be able to come on here and feel like I am not the only one struggling with the pre op diet!! I am almost done-YAY!!! Been a LONG 8 days and if I see another Carnation Instant Breakfast again it will be too soon!! I am going to have to find something else for post op! 5 shakes a day ruins you on it! Hope everyone can hang in there and just keep in mind how much this is all going to pay off...that is what helps me! Surgery the 27th-I CANNOT WAIT!!! Good luck to everyone!

My surgery is Thur too! Tomorrow it's all Clear liquids. Not looking forward to it except it means I'm less than 24 hours away for one the biggest life changers for me!!

It's the morning of day 3 of my 7 day Water and Protein Shake pre op and can this be possible? At start the scale said 265 got on the scale it reads 253! That's 12 pounds in 2 days. I KNOW its water but wouldnt it be lovely if I kept loosing like this for the remainder of my pre op? : ) Not starving yet but my stomach growls all the time.

It's the morning of day 3 of my 7 day Water and Protein shake pre op and can this be possible? At start the scale said 265 got on the scale it reads 253! That's 12 pounds in 2 days. I KNOW its Water but wouldnt it be lovely if I kept loosing like this for the remainder of my pre op? : ) Not starving yet but my stomach growls all the time.

Wow! Thats unbelievable! Great way to start your journey! I am on 2 shakes w/ one meal and I feel very hungry- my stomach hasn't stopped making noises since I started! Good luck to you guys!

Sick of Optifast. My mouth feels like its sour and dry at the same time. Tonight was the worst. i contemplated eating a whopper, cause I bought my kids some kids meals...but I didn't. 4 more days of this god awful stuff, then 2 days of clears. OMG!

Just Do It!!!

I refuse to eat another proti-puff. I will be down 1/8 of my pre-op protien for a week but I don't care. They taste like someone got "romantic" with a bag of Kix Cereal.< /p>

I refuse to eat another proti-puff. I will be down 1/8 of my pre-op protien for a week but I don't care. They taste like someone got "romantic" with a bag of Kix cereal.

Roflol. I dont know what those are, nor do I want to know.

Starting my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I have 4 days to go...and luckily it doesn't bother me... yeah I'd love something to sink my teeth into...but over all it's been ok...gives me great hope for next week :)

I have 4 days to go...and luckily it doesn't bother me... yeah I'd love something to sink my teeth into...but over all it's been ok...gives me great hope for next week :)

I have 4 days left also. Its not as bad as I thought it would be. Im only allowed Protein shakes and Water and Im zipping through these days like nothing. Started at 265 scale read 249 this morning and I only started on Monday. That's CRAZY GREAT to me! Im so ready for next week too!!! BRING IT!! WOO! HOO!

Have you checked if they have wifi at the hospital. Many have guest wifi fo pt and visitors.

I just called the hospital I'm going to..I figure they would since they opened up like a year ago. I was told no because it interferes with equipment :(

I just called the hospital I'm going to..I figure they would since they opened up like a year ago. I was told no because it interferes with equipment :(

That's weird. All our local hospitals including Yale New Haven Hospital and all it's subsidiary hospitals have wifi you can hook into as a guest. The VA does not have Wifi because of security issues.

Just Do It!!!

Day 3 of my 12 day diet. Optifast shake x5 for 10 days and clears for 2. I want to chew on my own arm.

I'm on day 11 I did not do well on the shakes could not keep them down switched to Water and diet soda ok with the Soups but have no taste. I'm still starving my brains out lost 8 pounds if I loose anymore weight I may not need the surgery lol wish u good luck hang in there it will be worth it I guess

I still stink at planning. Popped into the office (usually work from home) and only took one shake with me. Five hours later I was getting wobbly in Home Depot. Thank goodness there was a GNC nearby so I could grab an Isopure! Tonight we actually went to dinner: baby greens salad, no dressing.