Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to eat! I've starting timing it and it's really true! And I'm eating high Protein foods. I'll be 5 weeks out on Tuesday! Whoa. It went by fast!

Anyone else have this happen to them? And it's hunger, not acid.

I get hungry also. I take Prilosec, get my Protein in, but I still get hungry every 2 to 3 hours. I know some people say they don't ever get hungry, but I think the sleeve works differently for everyone. I definitely know when I am hungry!

I eat about every 3 hours for 6 meals a day. If you eat shakes for any of these meals, try switch to an extended release Protein. This will keep you full 4-5 hours instead of 2-3 hours. The syntax matrix line is a very good product line for extended release Protein Shakes. For me, I usually only feel empty if I miss a meal. Although it is not the same hungry feeling as preop.

Thanks Andy! Will the product say 'extended release?'

And yeah, it's not the same hunger as before, you are right. It's more like 'uh oh! Tank is empty!'

:-)

I don't have the hunger feeling' date=' but I do have to admit I still snack all day like I used to before surgery[/quote']

Are you snacking with healthy foods? High Protein?

I get hungry too! It's definitely not like before when there is a feeling of hunger and it gets stronger as time goes by, now it's more like I'm hungry no preview or warning...and then comes the pain, which is weird, if I take my time getting something together I get pains...I have to work on timing!

to plan better and have more ready to eat options in my frig. I love Power Crunch Protein bars and could eat 3 a day, but they are high in carb. I'm SO glad I'm not alone in this. :-)

Have your tried adding a flavorless or whey Protein to yogurt' date=' shakes or smoothies? I find it helps tie my over longer.[/quote']

No, I haven't. Honestly, there are so many options for drinks that i just put my head in the sand and have only been drinking RTD premier from costco. I guess i should stop playing ostrich and start experimenting.

First of all, how do you know it's not acid? Many people here have stated that post op acid reflux feels just like our old memory of hunger. My DOC and NUT both told me this. Try this, next time you feel hunger pangs but you think you shouldn't be hungry yet, eat a tums or better yet drink a little milk. If it goes away it was acid.

As for eating, I was told to eat some Protein every 3 hours, which I do. Sometimes I'm hungry, sometimes not. The rule of thumb I was given was 1 gram of protein for every 10 calories. I usually exceed that. Typical day for me will be 1250 calories and 135-150 grams of protein. If you scale that down to a 600 calorie/day diet, it's roughly 66-72 grams of protein per day. How much are you typically getting and are you spreading it out evenly between meals?

I'm pretty darn sure its not acid, but I'll do the tums/milk experiment. Good idea.

I'm getting between 60-90. Most days are on the high end. And i mostly eat Protein so it's spread out pretty evenly. BUT i'm thinking I'm not eating dense enough Protein. I've got chicken cooking up in the crockpot so i'll munch on that for the next few days and see if I can last longer than 3 hours. And i need to buy some extended release powder....

Thanks!

I know your frustration. Try nectar whey protein' date=' Isopure, Bariatric Advantage products, any whey, or maybe even EAS. Some Proteins to avoid are pro-fect, Proteinex, Pro-Stat, or any kind of collagen based proteins.[/quote']

I just ordered the free sample kit from Bariatric Advantage. Lets hope I get something good! Thanks for this info. I've copied & saved it.