Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where next?

I was banded in April and have gone from OVER 180# to 133#, with one fill in Juen at 1.9cc. I am 59 and only 5' tall, so a "sub-compact" model. I have had to suffer a learning curve (CHEW) issues, but I am gradually getting it. I ramped up my exercise by using my home glider and going to a gym 3Xweek. Size-wise, I started out in sz 14 pants (tight) and 2X tops. I have dropped sizes so quickly that I gave up buying anything expensive and started getting a few things at thrift shops since I was only getting to wear them a time or two.

My question is, how did you know when to stop losing? I know that is a foolish question, but according to the weight charts and websites, I "should" weigh around 110#. However, I am now down to a size 4 pants, small tops. If I go down much more, I am going to have a hard time finding clothes, especially ones that aren't too "cutsey" for someone my age. My SO tells me that he really doesn't think I should lose much more since he thinks I am starting to look "peaked". I was sick last week and could hardly get Water down, but am better now and back to eating real food (about 900 cal/day). I have lost lots of inches, but still have more around my belly than I would like. However, I know that at my age I am never going to have the body of a 20 year old again...

It has been so long since I was at a good weight that I really don't know what my "best" weight/size is. Could some of you "veteran" bandsters tell me how did you determine it? Also, how did you decide upon a proper "maintenace" level? Again, according to the websites, I would need to eat around 2000cals/day to stay at a level weight, but think I would blow up like a balloon if I do that.

Like most of us, I am thrilled with the results I have had and realize that the difficult times are the "wages" I pay for the chance to finally get control of my weight. However, I still am somewhat fearful that if I quit being as vigilant as I have been about my diet I will start on the diet yo-yo again. My logical mind tells me that I shouldn't have to worry about that as long as I have my band and be sensible, but I haven't proven to myself that this is possible yet.

Penny

banded 4/5/06

Dr. Ortiz, TJ, Mexico

180+/133/110?

Per the CDC Bmi calculator you can get a range. You have to decide where you are most comfortable as long as it is healthy.

<TABLE borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=14></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=544 height="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=544 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544><TABLE borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=PageHeading>BMI — Body Mass Index: Adult BMI Calculator: Results</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width="100%" border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=boxBackground style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#cecfb5 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="90%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD scope=col align=middle width="100%" bgColor=#ffcc99><TABLE id=AutoNumber1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="50%">For the information you entered:

</TD><TD width="50%">

</SPAN>Calculate again: English | Metric

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD scope=row bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE id=AutoNumber3 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="50%"><SCRIPT language=javascript> var inches = delineate2(text) var inches = inches - 0; // an arithmetic operation converts string to numeric var pounds = delineate(text); var pounds = pounds - 0; // an arithmetic operation converts string to numeric var bmi = Math.round(pounds * 703 * 10 / inches / inches) / 10; var feet = parseInt(inches / 12); var inches = inches % 12; var inches = Math.round(inches*100)/100; //rounds off long javascript decimals document.write('Height: ' + feet + ' feet, ' + inches + ' inches

'); document.write('Weight: ' + pounds + ' pounds

'); document.write('Your BMI is ' + bmi + ', '); </SCRIPT>Height: 5 feet, 0 inches

Weight: 125 pounds

Your BMI is 24.4, indicating your weight is within the normal range for adults of your height. Maintaining a healthy weight may reduce the risk of chronic diseases associated with overweight and obesity.

For information about the importance of a healthy diet and physical activity in maintaining a healthy weight, visit Tips for Adults on Achieving a Healthy Weight.

</TD><TD width="50%">

<TABLE class=boxBackground style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#cecfb5 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=psmall scope=col align=middle bgColor=#ffcc99>BMI</TD><TD class=psmall scope=col align=middle bgColor=#ffcc99>Weight Status</TD></TR><TR><TD class=psmall scope=row align=middle bgColor=#ffffff>Below 18.5</TD><TD class=psmall align=middle bgColor=#ffffff>Underweight</TD></TR><TR><TD class=psmall scope=row align=middle bgColor=#ffffff>arrow_right.gif18.5–24.9</TD><TD class=psmall align=middle bgColor=#ffffff>Normalarrow_left.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=psmall scope=row align=middle bgColor=#ffffff> 25.0–29.9</TD><TD class=psmall align=middle bgColor=#ffffff>Overweight</TD></TR><TR><TD class=psmall scope=row align=middle bgColor=#ffffff>30.0 and Above</TD><TD class=psmall align=middle bgColor=#ffffff>Obese</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>