Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone !

I'm finally scheduled for my surgery . I am both excited and scared as I'm sure everyone else was. I just barely fit into the requirements and so many people are giving me a hard time about the surgery. Most say I don't need it that I'm not fat enough. I'm very thankful for this place where I can voice my fears,excitement or whatever comes my way.

I will have 17 days off of work . One of my biggest worries is that it won't be enough ! Ok, I have to go get myself a ticker .....exciting !!!!

omg...if I had to wait and KNOW I was scheduled in November, I would go crazy(er)

Good luck! It's going to be well worth the wait. Plus no one says you can't start your healthier life now ;-)

Thank you.....Im not bothered by having to wait at all : ) Besides I start my two week liquid diet at the end of next month and for me that will be the official start of this journey. I ordered my Protein Powder (Unjury) . The bright side is that i have 7 weeks to get ready .

omg...if I had to wait and KNOW I was scheduled in November, I would go crazy(er)

Wow two weeks ! How awesome for you !!! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading your post in the upcoming days. How long do you have to follow the "diet" ? I've noticed that not everyone has to do it for two weeks...weird. Oh well, more weight loss and a smaller liver for those of us who do have to go two weeks.

i am also scheduled for November 9.

Awesome, it will be great having someone to talk to ! Have you bought your Protein powder yet? I'm actually excited about starting the liquid pre-op diet.

I have not yet bought my Protein powder. But I will be soon.

I have a long wait as well..by choice. December 2012. You will do well. Begin preparing your mind for the journey...proteins and execise routine.

Thanks mine is in December I didn't wAnt to put it out there it's been a long ride. After all still strong and anxious!

That's so exciting! I hope that mine will be in November too. I meet with the NUT tomorrow, got my tests scheduled, and have the final meeting with the surgeon on Oct 5. Then it's waiting on the insurance to give the green light. I feel the same as you, being close to the "cutoff" BMI, that's the biggest comment that I get, that I'm not THAT big, blah, blah, blah. No one else lives my life or knows my journey. Good luck to you, the time will be here before you know it!

Better to take care of it now than wait until we have additional health problems. My doctor agrees : ) Im only going to get older and my metabolism will continue to slow so its only going to get worse .