Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Democrat or Republican?

What Political Party Do You Vote For?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Political Party Do You Vote For?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • I Don't Vote

The ACORNs are just falling from the trees, aren't they?

Oh, wait, it's just conservative spin. It's not really happening, is it?

The ACORNs are just falling from the trees, aren't they?

Oh, wait, it's just conservative spin. It's not really happening, is it?

Well, conservative, liberal, republican, democrat... It doesn't matter. If it is only being reported on the internet or on talk radio (which has become tabloid news at best) it should be questioned.

I didn't know the New York Post and the St. Petersburg Times were tabloid, internet-only mediums. This is getting a LOT more press than those two publications (I just used them as examples because they were easy to find -- thank you Jack for posting them above), and a LOT more press than "internet only" sources.

The St. Petersburg times is a real paper, no doubt... but the report says that fraudulant registrations came in with an Acorn stamp. Oh wow... a rubber stamp. Could be fake.

I doubt Micky Mouse would have shown up at the polls anyway. If ACORN really did try to commit this fraud, they are pretty stupid.

So, no, I don't think this should be considered a big threat.

stevegoad - I totally agree.

Also where is the talk about the voter purging going on in swing states by Republicans? I was watching CNN this evening and they were talking about ACORN and the voter purge happening.

My point... there are attempts at voter fraud in every election by people who claim on all sides... and it is not something that has been a problem.

Obama had some dealings with ACORN, but there is no sign that they acted under his orders. Remember, John McCain spoke a couple of years back at a rally that was sponsored by ACORN as well (I believe it was a rally regarding housing and immigrants in the Miami area, but I was not paying that close attention to the report). But John McCain is not part of "voter fraud." In this case, neither is Obama.

If ACORN was part of registering Micky Mouse, or the Dallas Cowboys, or dead people... guess what.. They're not going to show up at the polls... That's why I say it's not a big threat... and I will now ammend that to say it is not a threat at all. Personally, I think it is a stupid issue to keep our minds off the real stuff.

A general waste of time.

"Obama had some dealings with ACORN, but there is no sign that they acted under his orders."

ACORN may not be acting on direct orders from Obama, but that $800,000 check they got from him to "get out the vote" cannot be overlooked. I'd also argue that "some dealings" with ACORN is a bit of a misrepresentation of the facts. Training ACORN workers and representing ACORN legally is a bit more than what one could infer as "some dealings."

"If ACORN was part of registering Micky Mouse, or the Dallas Cowboys, or dead people... guess what.. They're not going to show up at the polls... That's why I say it's not a big threat... and I will now ammend that to say it is not a threat at all. Personally, I think it is a stupid issue to keep our minds off the real stuff."

To me, this is a ridiculous argument that you would never let fly if John McCain was as tied to ACORN as Barack Obama and the Democrats are.

Voter registration fraud is a BIG threat in that it is ILLEGAL! When we start excusing bad action simply because it is the opinion of some that it's not a "big threat," what road are we traveling down? I mean, come on. We live in a world of distrust and disenfranchisement that is felt in epic proportions. And now you'd ask us to disregard these obvious wrong doings because you don't view it as a threat? If this issue doesn't get dealt with, we will only further widen the gap between what we believe to be true and what actually is. It hits at the heart of Democracy itself...if we cannot rely upon the foundation of our society, if we can't even believe that our vote will be counted and that we can have a free and honest election for the highest office of our land, then what kind of a society are you asking us to pass on to our children?

To me, this is a ridiculous argument that you would never let fly if John McCain was as tied to ACORN as Barack Obama and the Democrats are.

(speaking to myself now..."stay calm, steve... this person did not just try to say that you can't be fair like they actually know your mind... stay calm... breathe... breathe. There... I'm better now.")

You really don't know me at all. I am quite confident that, had the situation been reversed, I would make the same arguement, knowing how I have looked at presidential elections since my first vote in 1978.

As far as ACORN, it might be an issue with them that needs investigation. As far as Obama is concerned, it is not.

I will let you in on a secret. I voted for GWB in 2004, and in spite of people saying the election was stolen in Ohio, it wasn't. He won the election fair and square. In spite of people saying that GWB stole the election in Florida in 2000, he didn't steal it. Every "non-official" group that was given access to the ballots say he won, hanging chads or not.

I am not some democratic party wag. I have voted republican more often then democrat. I am still not 100% sure who I will vote for in this election. But I chose to vote on what the candidate says and does, not what lobbiest,

Voter registration fraud is a BIG threat in that it is ILLEGAL! When we start excusing bad action simply because it is the opinion of some that it's not a "big threat," what road are we traveling down? I mean, come on.

Which is why ACORN will not get a donation from me. (of course, I don't regularly give to political groups anyway. I would prefer to give through my church or other non-profit organizations that I know well what they do). But again, that doesn't affect either of the presidential candidates.

We live in a world of distrust and disenfranchisement that is felt in epic proportions. And now you'd ask us to disregard these obvious wrong doings because you don't view it as a threat? If this issue doesn't get dealt with, we will only further widen the gap between what we believe to be true and what actually is. It hits at the heart of Democracy itself...if we cannot rely upon the foundation of our society, if we can't even believe that our vote will be counted and that we can have a free and honest election for the highest office of our land, then what kind of a society are you asking us to pass on to our children?

Now who's making silly arguments. If our whole society is going to be shaken by ACORN, then we have far worse problems than that.

My gosh. The country survived the impeachment of Bill Clinton, it survived Nixon, it survived the assination of Kennedy, it survived a civil war and numerous other things the "epic proportions" of this event silly.

"stay calm, steve... this person did not just try to say that you can't be fair like they actually know your mind"

Ok...I'll give you that one. Unfortunately, its applicable to so many that I made an assumption and applied it to you. You have my apologies on that.

"As far as ACORN, it might be an issue with them that needs investigation. As far as Obama is concerned, it is not."

On this I must disagree. He has a very vested interest in ACORN. Barack Obama's campaign failed to accurately report their financial records regarding the $800,000 funneled to ACORN through one of its subsidiaries, Citizens Services Inc. ACORN is an organization that has been previously convicted of voter fraud, is widely recognized for having done so and the Obama campaign has continued to funnel almost a million dollars into it! By contributing to an organization that has a long and storied history of voter fraud, he essentially condones their actions. Were this a new problem with ACORN, I'd be more inclined to offer him the benefit of doubt, but the issues with ACORN have been around a long time and for me that's too significant to overlook.

"Now who's making silly arguments. If our whole society is going to be shaken by ACORN, then we have far worse problems than that."

We do have worse problems than that. However, just because we do doesn't mean we overlook this issue because you don't see it as a big threat...or any threat. You may say my argument is silly and fortunately you're still entitled to an opinion. However, it's the culmination of things that may not be perceived as a "threat" that combined have lead us to this place.

Will we be investigating all the voter purging going on in swing states by the Republicans to keep the vote down? If you believe in fairness both should be looked at.

I like what Obama said yesterday, "We don't need Acorn".

Will we be investigating all the voter purging going on in swing states by the Republicans to keep the vote down? If you believe in fairness both should be looked at.

I believe in fairness and both should be looked at.

I like what Obama said yesterday, "We don't need Acorn".

Really???? I don't need another pair of shoes. But if we continue that line of logic, I will be going to the mall and spending $800,000 on shoes tonight.