Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Democrat or Republican?

What Political Party Do You Vote For?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Political Party Do You Vote For?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • I Don't Vote

This is the problem with democracy... the majority rules. It doesn't matter whether the majority is right, as long as they are the majority and they can pull a lever.

When you have more than 50% of the people feeling entitled to government assistance and a cut of someone else's income, you're really screwed.

When you have more than 50% of the people feeling entitled to government assistance and a cut of someone else's income, you're really screwed.

So, 50% of your population is on some form of welfare? Wow!

I gather Obama wants to raise taxes by a measely 3% for those who make over a quarter of a million per annum. This is hardly giving A students F grades.

Do you enjoy paying more for clothes because you are overweight?

How about a 3% increase in the cost of groceries for those who are overweight? Before the checkout girl completes the transaction, you are required to step on a scale and if you are over your recommended BMI, then you are automatically assessed a 3% increase (call it a fat tax). Does that sound fair?

Do you enjoy paying more for clothes because you are overweight?

How about a 3% increase in the cost of groceries for those who are overweight? Before the checkout girl completes the transaction, you are required to step on a scale and if you are over your recommended BMI, then you are automatically assessed a 3% increase (call it a fat tax). Does that sound fair?

C'mon, Donna...that's just downright UNPATRIOTIC for you to suggest! :smile:

So, 50% of your population is on some form of welfare? Wow!

Not that I know of, but the more people feel entitled to sucking on the public teat, the more they vote that way, the more entitlements increase, and the vicious cycle never stops.

BRILLIANT! Because we gorged ourselves in the past, we should have to pay a tax on our plenty.

Here's what I don't understand...

Congress has an approval rating of less than 10%! It's pretty clear that Americans don't believe they are capable of doing their jobs in a satisfactory manner.

So why in the world would we sign up to give them MORE money to mis-handle? If you play the odds, there's a 90% chance that we WON'T be happy with the way they use it!

I find it a little amusing and even more irritating that the Republicans have the gall to make such offensive remarks about our "Democratic controlled" congress.

You do understand that most of what has caused our current situation has been created during a significant period of Republican controlled Congress AND White House! For years they had carte blanche - and now for the past 2 years where there has been a shift in congress, we still have had a Republican president with his trusty veto stamp.

I cannot believe that people have the nerve to make the disengenous claims suggesting that the Democrats are the people who are wholly responsible for this mess.

What are you smoking?

I find it a little amusing and even more irritating that the Republicans have the gall to make such offensive remarks about our "Democratic controlled" congress.

You do understand that most of what has caused our current situation has been created during a significant period of Republican controlled Congress AND White House! For years they had carte blanche - and now for the past 2 years where there has been a shift in congress, we still have had a Republican president with his trusty veto stamp.

I cannot believe that people have the nerve to make the disengenous claims suggesting that the Democrats are the people who are wholly responsible for this mess.

What are you smoking?

Are you kidding me? I think you might want to check your facts, BJean. The current economic crisis can be directly related to the housing crisis and a complete disregard of lending regulations...and the Chairman of the Senate Committee of Housing, Banking and Urban Relations is DEMOCRAT Chris Dodd. And let's not forget the Chairman of the House Financial Services is DEMOCRAT Barney Franks!

Don't get me wrong, they had plenty of bi-partisan help, but come on...get out of the Kool Aid pitcher!

Let's face it, there's an abundance of blame to pass around to both parties.

Edited by HOWLUCKYAMI

You're the one who doesn't know the facts. Check a little further about what Barney Franks tried to do and eventually was able to do. Senator Obama tried to ring the alarm long ago. Some Democrats have been very vocal in trying to cut out all the deregulation.

You are only seeing what the Republicans are wanting you to see. When you say that there's enough blame to go around, tell me in what ways you believe that the Republicans share the blame.

I don't care for kool-aid. I drink organically grown fruit juices when I'm not drinking Water from our purified public water supply.

This is funny:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goaj5V4tZoc]YouTube - John McCain Brings Down The House - Al Smith dinner Part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqoSyKsAPw&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_167987]YouTube - John McCain Brings Down The House - Al Smith Dinner Part 2[/ame]

Check a little further about what Barney Franks tried to do and eventually was able to do. .

Since you asked...

What he tried do? Well, for years he tried to get people to believe that Fannie & Freddie were "not facing any kind of financial crisis."

And what he was eventually able to do? He got his boyfriend a really cush job at Fannie and pocketed over $40,000 in campaign contributions from them as well.

I think we can all agree that politicians are not the most trustworthy people, regardless of their party affiliation. The reason I support Republicans is because I want smaller government and that is the party that purportedly supports smaller government.

Granted in the last 8 years, government has grown, but that wasn't solely because we had a Republican president; we had a Democratic Congress who let us down as well.