Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sudden Severe Incision Pain...ouch

15 days post op and although I got off to a slow start in my healing process bc of the reaction I had to anesthesia, I have been pushing my own limits every day to try to feel better and help the swelling go down, etc.

I have been feeling pretty weak so getting started in the mornings has been tough. Today, I finally dragged myself out of bed and decided to sweep and mop my hardwoods. We have about 2800 sq ft of hardwoods so I didn't know if I would make it, but it really needed to be done. Then my sister brought my niece and nephew over and I held my nephew (about 12lbs) for like 5 mins and my abdomen was hurting pretty bad. After that my largest incision started to leak (small amounts of Fluid and blood on my shirt) and I have been in pain ever since. I'm so mad and frustrated bc I feel like this thing is never going to heal. The muscle underneath feels all sore again and everytime I move I feel like I'm being stabbed from the incision pain.

Has anyone else had problems with this or is this another one of those moments where I'm the 1%??? :/

You need to slow down!! And stop holding kids!! Lay down and use your heating pad. my dr told me no cleaning or lifting for four weeks. We moved during my surgery recovery. Do a little at a time. It will be a whole lot longer recovery time if you mess it up. It was 6 weeks before I started feeling pain free and like I could do what needed to b done. I understand the feeling!! My house was tidy but, fithly. It will not b worth it if you hurt yourself

Whoa! You are doing too much!!'i'm 4 weeks out and my side still aches at times.

You had MAJOR surgery. Just because you can't see the incisions, they are there and deep inside of you.

Please, pamper yourself. The floors can stay dirty for awhile. :-)

Whoa! You are doing too much!!'i'm 4 weeks out and my side still aches at times.

You had MAJOR surgery. Just because you can't see the incisions, they are there and deep inside of you.

Please, pamper yourself. The floors can stay dirty for awhile. :-)

I was just at the doctor today, 9 days out. She said the largest incision will continue to be a little sore and may "weep" a little bit. As long as the leakage is minimal, and isn't green, yellow or smelly it is probably OK.

Seriously, mopping 2,800 square feet of flooring is a big job for someone that hasn't had surgery. Take care of yourself!

I guess I hadn't really thought of it this way. I see all of these posts about people running around shopping 2 days after surgery and I couldn't even move two days out so I felt like I was being lazy. Clearly, my body decided to put me in my place. I HAVE to go back to work in 4 more weeks and I must be able to lift patients (sometimes very heavy ones) so I am praying that I am healed by then. I will not be doing anymore house work like that or picking up my sweet nephew again for a while.

My doctor's office called me back and said maybe I just pulled and agitaed the muscle. I am definitely hoping it is that verses popping my stiches or worse. Still feeling VERY bad today and just sitting around taking it easy. Hope everyone else is doing well! Thanks for the responses. I freaked myself out a little.

I'm 4 weeks out. Yesterday i went to Bed Bath & Beyond. My son drove- I don't even have enough energy to drive safely yet. Anyway, I twisted and bent to see something on a lower shelf. WOOZERS!! Needless to say, today i hurt like the dickens. I know I just pulled something.

PLEASE use these 4 weeks wisely and pamper yourself. If you push and keep having setbacks, you won't heal in time to go back to work.

I can't believe that's still happening at 4 weeks. I know we had major surgery, but when they said I could go back to work in 6 weeks I just assumed by 4 I'd probably be back to normal. I've never had any type of surgery before so I'm just shocked at how much it takes out of you.

I am sorry you also hurt yourself and hope you are feeling better soon. All of this sitting around and doing nothing is for the birds. I can't stand it. lol

Yeah, i'm getting pretty bored!! Probably why I post on here so much, lol!

It's not a bad pain. I just knew i had done an 'uh oh!'

Try to start your Vitamins as soon as you can. And get all your Protein in every day. And stay hydrated. All of those really help in healing and you should be ok in 4 weeks. You may want to get co-workers to help you lift at first.

Oh, and start walking. That will help build up your stamina for work. No crazy hikes or walking w weights, just simple walking.

I am 10 days post op and just got back from the doctors. I had a clear, little red liquid leaking from my large incision and he said it is an infection. You may want to go to your doctor and check just to be safe. You don't want to let it go and then get into serious problems.

I can't believe that's still happening at 4 weeks. I know we had major surgery' date=' but when they said I could go back to work in 6 weeks I just assumed by 4 I'd probably be back to normal. I've never had any type of surgery before so I'm just shocked at how much it takes out of you.

I am sorry you also hurt yourself and hope you are feeling better soon. All of this sitting around and doing nothing is for the birds. I can't stand it. lol[/quote']

I know exactly how you feel. I'm an OR nurse and I go back tonight. It wasn't until a few days ago that I felt really ready to go back. I'm a little over 3 weeks out, and on Tuesday, I jumped up and cleaned the entire house. That was my body telling me that I was ready. Take this time for yourself, when your body is ready, you'll be jumping up to clean and move around, instead of dragging yourself up to do it.