Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Cant I Just Be Good?

I got told yesterday they moved my surgery up a month so my surgery is September 28th! I started my pre op diet yesterday and today I had to take my son to the dr which is 2 hrs away and what did I do. I CHEATED already!!! I am so frustrated with myself! I have to do the Protein Shakes twice a day and small meal at night and tons of Water. Please help me for I am a weak person and don't know how I'm going to get thru this! I don't want to ruin this but I feel like a total failure already!

you are not a failure! If this was easy we would have all lost the weight by not being tempted. Just start over, every meal is a new chance to make the right choice. next time try to plan ahead and take some stuff with you. Good luck!

My surgery date is 10/1. Today Is my second day of my preop which is 4 or 5 Optifast shakes a day plus one Protein Bar a day. Two weeks of this. Yesterday all I had was 2 drinks and 1 Protein bar. I didn't really feel hungry. Today I had the same. But... After food shopping I had 2 slices of deli meat chicken. While cooking dinner I had a half a slice of tomatoe 2 slices of cucumber and a total of about 2 florets of roasted cauliflower. I did cheat but not too bad and not on bad food. But it took the edge off while cooking dinner.

I totally admit I cheated during my prep. I was supposed to have 4-5 Optifast shakes and only sugar free jell and such. But when I cheated I not ate Protein and I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks! Just get back on the saddle again and start again!

I feel you I want to cheat so bad it's not even funny. I just want salmon and mashed potatoes :( but my trick walk lot and sugar free Popsicles lots of them always In my mouth lol I'm on day 3 :)

I am on day 3 also. I would love some meat right now. I am trying not to give in. It's hard. You can do it. Think abuout why you are doing this and the end goal. Ask yourself how mad you would be if the cheating stopped your surgery, and then decide if it's worth cheating. I have 11 more days to go and plan an asking myself that a lot.

I am on day 2. I am not hungry but everything looks good, every other commercial is food! It is a conspiracy!!! I am determined. Just keep reminding ur self why u r doing this. It is not forever!!

Sent from my iPod touch using VST

Thank you everyone! I am starting fresh tomorrow because you are right! The end goal is what I must focus on!