Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Pre-Op Liquid Diet Today!

Well so far so good. I am trying to make sure I never get truly hungry. Have had Jello, popsicles, broth and lots of Water. Thinking I need to move my office into the bathroom!! Go for pre-op appt tomorrow with fasting blood work!! Yay no liquid till after 11:30 and I can't drive thru somewhere to get something to eat on my way home!!! But that's ok....cause the end result is what matters!!!

Im on day 2 of my liquid diet! So far so good...not starving....dont get me wrong i could eat!! lol...I think it more mental lol....I have been drinking the Atkins Protein Shake in the mornings..then im not as hungry during the day! Good luck to you!

Two more days for me. I started a pre-pre op diet with replacing 2 meals with shakes. i hope I can do this.

bmi.png

Good luck everyone! Starting pre-op diet tomorrow. I already miss chewing! ;)

Im on day 2 of my liquid diet! So far so good...not starving....dont get me wrong i could eat!! lol...I think it more mental lol....I have been drinking the Atkins Protein shake in the mornings..then im not as hungry during the day! Good luck to you!

I'm really concern because my doctor gave me a pre op diet to follow. I must have 1200 cal with only one meal, the rest with shakes and bars. Today I had two shakes of 110 cal each and three bars with a total of 460 cal. My one meal only came to 200 calories. My concern is that my total cal intake was about 700 calories and 70g of Protein. Does anybody know if this is still ok?

I'm really concern because my doctor gave me a pre op diet to follow. I must have 1200 cal with only one meal' date=' the rest with shakes and bars. Today I had two shakes of 110 cal each and three bars with a total of 460 cal. My one meal only came to 200 calories. My concern is that my total cal intake was about 700 calories and 70g of Protein. Does anybody know if this is still ok?[/quote']

You are lucky.. dr baker requires all shakes (2 weeks) no meals

I started pre op diet yesterday too. 2 Protein Shakes (made with specific whey Protein from MD office), and one meal of 4 oz protein & 1/2 cup of non-starchy veggies. Can also have sf Jello, sf Popsicles, broth (only 2 of each).

Found out during 4 .hr nutrition/pre op class we are not to have dairy until 6 months out! And no veggies for 10 weeks! I just bought a bunch of Greek yogurt and pre made protein shakes- I guess hubby will have to eat them. :-(

I have been told Clear Liquids only. Jello, popsicles, diet v8 splash, etc...nothing about Protein Shakes but I'm at my pre-op appt now and plan on asking the Dr

Im on day 2 of my liquid diet! So far so good...not starving....dont get me wrong i could eat!! lol...I think it more mental lol....I have been drinking the Atkins Protein Shake in the mornings..then im not as hungry during the day! Good luck to you!

I am now on day 2 of pre-op diet and it is hitting me hard- not hunger- but fatigue! I feel like I can't keep my eyes open! Any thoughts?

Today was day one for me. 4 Protein shakes, 3 glasses of milk (or no fat yogurt), 1 cup raw vegetables, all the diet Jello and sugar free popsicles I want - have to get 100 oz of Fluid in me.

I still have 2 shakes to go; today I don't feel hungry. Tomorrow??

Well pre-op appt done. He said I can have 2 Protein Shakes a day plus all the Jello, popsicles, Water, etc I want. Day 2 has gone good. Surgery is scheduled for 8:30 which means I have to be there at 6:30 which means I have to l

Stupid phone. Which means I have to leave my house at 4:30 nut hey I get to go to sleep!!

Day 4 and yes still hungry! Going for pre op visit today and pre op with hospital tmro. Anyone having trouble with belly aches while drinking the Protein? Goes right thru me both ways!

ummm yea, I start my one week preop diet on Monday surgery on Oct 2nd and you guys seem better off. I can only have Protein Shakes mixed with Water and water....PERIOD! But good luck to us all!!!

Today is day 6 of my 14 day preop diet. I am on Optifast (4 per day) and 1 Protein Bar. Also allowed broth, sf Jello, sf pops, diet noncarb drinks. Nothing else. So far so good, don't know why I am not feeling like I am starving, but that's good! My surgery is 10/1.