Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excluded From Benefits?

Has any one had it where the insurance company says that any bariatric surgery has been excluded from plan? If so, has the doctors office fought it and ended up getting approval or that was it, No more trying. please advise...

I am not a victim of that scenario, but my sister was. The insurance company told her to go to her HR department and have that rule changed when the contract is

renewed, she has to wait another year..

I tried for 3 years. Its the employer who excludes it from the plan to keep costs low. There is a difference in them denying it and it being excluded. If its excluded you have no chance unless the next year the employer decides to not exclude it. I had to be a cash paying patient

It is also excluded from mine, my employer said they would look into it but here I am with still no answer. I didn't let that stop me though I am going to Mexico to be sleeved by Dr.Garcia in Nov :)

I did find something online while searching it may be helpful to provide to your employer.

http://www.bariatric-surgery-source.com/lap-band-insurance.html#business_reasons

My health insurance provider, Pacific Source, excludes all WLS, AND any complications that may arise from it, should a person go out and have surgery on their own.

My health insurance provider, Pacific Source, excludes all WLS, AND any complications that may arise from it, should a person go out and have surgery on their own.

There isn't a way around it say like ER coverage? I know each company is different but I called up mine and asked what if I need to go to the ER would it be covered and I was told yes. *knock on wood I wont need it *

Maybe that is something you could ask? I know this is frustrating.. I wish you the best of luck!

I asked. And if I needed my gallbladder removed and it could be directly related to WLS, they will not cover it. But, my insurance has no idea I had WLS, because my PCP (whom was totally on board with WLS) is very forgetful, and 'forgot' to mention it in her dictation, so it has never made it onto my list of diagnoses, (wink). I'm 6 months out, so I'm feeling pretty safe. One benefit of being a slow loser, is its easier on the ol' gallbladder!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches