Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

last week was "testing the water" concerning plastic surgery

showed plastic surgeon the back of my legs -lllllots of hanging skin - he explained that this particular surgery is the hardest, i'd be on the table for a long time - large scar, and very long recovery

showed my tummy - realllly don't have much excess just wanted to discuss surgery

next, hanging skin under my arms area,

finally, discussed my turkey neck

i must sound like i'm such a mess - i'm really not

i never thought i would have any of these problems losing 90-100 lbs - oooops wrong!!!!

never thought i would do plastics, back of legs i really did want done - it just "feels" awkward back there

DH is only one that sees me like that, so i decided against any surgery

dr. advised strongly on NOT getting any plastics done - ex

just telling you there are some ethical dr. - surprise, surprise

i know i could go around the block and find another surgeon who would do the surgery

i think i'll listen to this dr. - he doesn't mind not taking my money - and i sure don't mind keeping money in wallet

I really didn't expect myself to have as much difficulties as I am now with the way my face is and my neck. I look in the mirror every day and see that I have jowls and a drooppy face. I as so considering saving money for a life style lift. A friend of mine had it done and she said it cost about $10,000. now I believe it would be worth it. The rest of my body is ok with some skin. maybe a tt would be nice too. :)

I as so considering saving money for a life style lift.

good for you - sounds like a plan

here is my story

dr commented i have a bunch of "elasticity" (msp) and we both kindof said, in otherwords the "lift" wouldn't last that long, and i would "droop" :o (my word not his) again after a short period of time, i know it doesn't last forever anyways

who knows, i might talk to him again - he didn't charge me for consult - this lift would get rid of a "couple of wrinkles" too ;)

oh, i don't know...............so happy to have lost all this weight, i might just be too vain - can't decide :( - no big rush - after all i am gorgeous :lol:

can i ask why you changed your name, i do love Ms skinniness though :)

i won't use it here, cuz i'm trying to protect the innocent - you can tell me - it will be our secret ;)

ps - sorry i talked so much in your post :(

Hello... I am not quite nine months out, but 9 lbs from goal and although I have some skin issues , most I can live with. My face looks hallowed out and I hav jowls that I hate. Can you explain what the surgeons reason was for Not wanting you to fix the jowl area? I am ok with my stomach and arms, but feel the face has aged dramatically. :-(

Do some resistance exercises and also try swimming. Maybe that will tighten it up some.

I really like the new name better. It's a mark of my success....... YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :)

I really like the new name better. It's a mark of my success....... YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :)

Who iz U?

last week was "testing the water" concerning plastic surgery

showed plastic surgeon the back of my legs -lllllots of hanging skin - he explained that this particular surgery is the hardest' date=' i'd be on the table for a long time - large scar, and very long recovery

showed my tummy - realllly don't have much excess just wanted to discuss surgery

next, hanging skin under my arms area,

finally, discussed my turkey neck

i must sound like i'm such a mess - i'm really not

i never thought i would have any of these problems losing 90-100 lbs - oooops wrong!!!!

never thought i would do plastics, back of legs i really did want done - it just "feels" awkward back there

DH is only one that sees me like that, so i decided against any surgery

dr. advised strongly on NOT getting any plastics done - ex

just telling you there are some ethical dr. - surprise, surprise

i know i could go around the block and find another surgeon who would do the surgery

i think i'll listen to this dr. - he doesn't mind not taking my money - and i sure don't mind keeping money in wallet[/quote']

How about tights or leggings when you are in public if you don't want to show your legs? I say to people, don't like it, don't look. But that is hard.

tights or leggings when you are in public if you don't want to show your legs?

AuroraB

i never wear shorts - only capris - bought a new one piece bathing suit that looks nice - i only wear suitto Water aerboics, and i'm ok with that - tights not needed - but thanx for the suggestion :)

hubby is the only who sees my skin etc., he doesn't think anything needs to be done, or he's just being a sweetie ;)

i just feel uncomfortable for me with that excess skin behing my legs- but it is way too expensive to have this taken care of - plus all the pain and recovery from the plastics - doesn't sound like much fun :angry:

with. My face looks hallowed out and I hav jowls that I

Can you explain what the surgeons reason was for Not wanting you to fix the jowl area?

happpy1957

due to the elasticize in my face (that sounds awful) doc said in his opinion the lift wasn't adviseable -

as far as the tummy, arms - he said he didn't think the excess skin warranted plastics

the procedure of the skin in back of my legs, was too big of an ordeal for me, very painful, hard recovery . - in his opinion the surgery wasn't necessary

basically after we talked for quite a while - he advised against all the plastics - he said it was his ethical duty to express his opinion

hmmm, ethical, candid dr. - go figure?