Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mind not in line with stomach

I know my discouraging threads are becoming a habit around here, but it's just that I have no one to talk to. You know how your stomach is operated by your brain is not? It's just that my hand always reaches for the most fattening snack there is, and my nose keeps smelling the damn pizza place downstairs. And I know I can't eat any of that. My second fill was very successful, I hate that. I can barely eat. I lost like 4 kg, and I know I should be happy, and all my clothes fit better and stuff, but I'm felling like crap. (am I allowed to say that?) I hate not being able to eat. My sugar level is so bad that I am trembling all over the place, I hate the bloody Protein Shake, and I haven't had a dinner for the last 9 days. Throwing up is my nightly activity, even if all I have is a Tomato or a bite of salmon. I hate anything that I am free to eat, like the yogurt that decreases my cholestrol levels (or it will, or so we hope) and I know I'm beginning to go towards the road to destruction once again. I just stacked a bag of mini bounties in my school locker, and I've been sneaking it all day at school. I began to eat the puding instead of the yogurt, and I choose the chocolate biscuits instead of the regular ones. The things I am allowed to like, I can't eat, like tomatoes and cheese or salmon or rice. I think I am going nuts this time. Still, I eat like a bird, and I try to eat even if I'm full and feel disgusted at the end. All this would be OK if I only had a few pounds to go, but I don't. My mother is another story, and her goals are always for me to lose just a little more weight than I intend. My father gives me all this 'poor kid' looks, but whenever I decide to eat, he looks just so sad. I even threw up at school the other day, and it so was not nice.

I can't believe my problems about this just don't end!!

Neverland, you might be too tight. Or you may have irritated your pouch and esophagus. Try going to liquids only for a couple of days.

As for rice, I would advise against it - ever. The salmon should go down just fine, after you allow everything to rest for a couple of days.

The pudding, if it's sugar free and made with skim milk, is a fine dessert or snack. Cookies are something that I can't eat very well and will usually PB on them. Cake, too.

Tomatoes are not my best friend, either. Anything with skin is apt to give you problems.

For your Protein, try some FF cottage cheese, LF yogurt, flaky fish, chili or chunky Soup with meat (put it thru the blender, if necessary), and skim milk - with or without Protein Powder. Get som SF chocolate Syrup and add it to your milk, if you like.

And don't feel bad about complaining to us. You can cry on our shoulders anytime.

Aw, Neverland. You need to talk to someone. Is there someone you can go for help? Maybe the school councilor. You should not have to feel this way. I see from your ticker that you have lost 18 kg, that's fantastic. That alone would make me feel better and want to do better but sometimes we just need a little extra help

If you're vomiting on a nightly basis, you're too tight and need an unfill. Instead of eliminating all the foods you want to have but can't have, why not make a meal plan that allows some of those foods into your diet? I love pretzels so I buy the 100 calorie packs rather than "eyeing" what I think 100 calories will be.

If you look at life with the band as an "all or nothing" lifestyle, you're doomed to failure. If your surgeon has a dietician, make an appointment to see him/her to assist in planning healthy but enjoyable meals.

Definitely, you must make this a lifestyle that is livable for you...you might lose more slowly, but hey, it's better than gaining!

I would evaluate whether or not you may be too tight/too restricted. Next, make a plan that includes some of your favorite Snacks in it, so you can be happy, and in control of your choices.

I'm not a picky eater (duh!), so I like a variety of foods, and that makes it both easier and harder...what about you? Do you like some of the foods that were suggested in earlier posts? Can you try the 100 calories packs, so you can have snacks you like, but have good Portion Control?

It is really a good idea to find a level of restriction that allows you to lose, slowly, and keep a decent lifestyle...it's probably different when you are so young! Please post questions and concerns anytime! Hope some of this is helpful!