Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didnt Think I Would Feel So Hungry!

I got home from the hospital yesterday from being sleeved on Wednesday. My husband was cooking him and my daughter some ham and eggs. Omg!!! My stomach is growling!!! I didn't think I would feel hungry. *sad face*

Are you taking an acid reducer like prilosec? Often excess acid is causing us to feel "hungry". Also, hhead hunger stinks! Good luck!

I was hungry too! I've heard from a number of people that it is normal. I am yet to have an issue with acid reflux, so I know that wasn't it. It got much better after I got to start full liquids. Are you to that stage yet? The blended Soups really fill me up. Hang in there. The first 2 weeks are the hardest!

It isn't unusual to experience hunger pangs. More than likely, the hunger will go away once you try to eat, and you realize, you can only choke down a few bites!

I'm so glad you asked this. I'm dreaming about food!! Pre op wasn't bad but I'm craving the heck out of things now. No worries- i will follow doc orders but man- I'm drooling over when I get to puréed and get to have some cottage cheese. I'm not on an acid reducer- no reux issues that goodness. I do feel bloated all the fine and full of air. Just trying to make my way to full liquids. I probabaly drank 25 ounces today. I'm not hungry and couldn't eat crap if I want to but my sniffer seems to be working just fine :/

Try to eat a little every 2-3 hours right now as well as take an acid reducer to clear the head hunger. You won't necessarily feel like you have acid reflux or anything. He had me on one twice a day for the first 2 months ( prescription).There is nothing wrong with eating something (preferably protein) every 2-3 hours. Even if it is a rtd Protein Drink, it will help fill you up. I found that I drank a cup of Wyler's low sodium chicken broth ( from cubes) every couple of hours and that made me at least feel like I was eating since it smelled so good. Don'tworry you won't be able to eat too much, just a little and you will get full feeling.

I know what you mean! My sniffer seems to be working to well. Everytime my husband eats something I just want to rip it out of his hands. I am 3 days out and I had a little bit of cottage cheese and some Tomato Soup. It didnt bother me. Good luck to you!

Oh, I could write a book with what i've made my poor husband do with his food! Last week i made him toast his bread out on the porch. He turned away for a minute and one of our dogs almost got his toast. Poor guy!

I have found of all the boullions and plain broths that Wylers is the best of the bunch.

Hang in there! It does get better.

I found out today if I wake up later then my normal time I get a very painful empty feeling in my stomach and lots of burping If I do not get enough Protein in the morning I become a total angry, nasty person. This caught me by surprise.. Wow that was very scary.... It took me several hours to recover. Thank god for the RTD protein drinks.. Has anyone else experienced any unusual out bursts.

ME!! I was a total B***CH today and coudn't figure out why. That's not like me at all!!! After i ate tuna mid-day I was fine. Very, very weird.

Try to eat a little every 2-3 hours right now as well as take an acid reducer to clear the head hunger. You won't necessarily feel like you have acid reflux or anything. He had me on one twice a day for the first 2 months ( prescription).There is nothing wrong with eating something (preferably protein) every 2-3 hours. Even if it is a rtd Protein drink' date=' it will help fill you up. I found that I drank a cup of Wyler's low sodium chicken broth ( from cubes) every couple of hours and that made me at least feel like I was eating since it smelled so good. Don'tworry you won't be able to eat too much, just a little and you will get full feeling.[/quote']

How r u doing. Has your first year been successful at weight loss? Happy? I am almost at 3 weeks.

I wanted to out my two cents in. Although Im only 4 days post op, it is hard for me to eat anything. I do know now that hunger is encompassed with smell and taste. I can smell my husbands Soup and know what it will taste like, but my stomach physically says a different story. The thought of actually consuming it doesnt cross my mind. I guess in a way its good, but in another way Im scared that I will 'always' have to remind myself to eat.