Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby Food

Anyone just go to jars of baby food for the week of pureed foods? Sounds to me like it would make things easier. What do you all say?

I don't think they would be very nutritious. Better of prepping your own food.< /p>

I didn't have a pureed stage but what I did use baby food for was to lubricate coarse Protein so it could go down easier. I got Gerber fruits and the upside is that there are no added sugars (about 95 calories/container) and since you only use it as a dip, you're not getting too much of a calorie hit.

I've been having Sweet Potato baby food almost every day.

you can make your own baby food.. one example would be like on that montel williams blender infomercial.. buy a bag of organic frozen peas, blanch them, then slap 'em in the blender with a little bit of the Water they were blanched in, blend til smooth, pour in ice cube tray & freeze until needed. :)

you could do that with all sorts of fruit (mangoes, peaches, apples, blueberries, etc) & veggies (like broccoli, carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, etc), and of course you could season them however you want to.. store bought baby foods are pretty mild in flavor (aka bland lol).

here's a few websites that have some good looking baby food recipes that could make for yourself.. including stuff with meat & cheese (like one that sounded pretty good to me was chicken & butternut squash)..

http://www.homemade-...od-recipes.html

http://wholesomebaby....momtastic.com/

http://www.nurturebaby.com/

:) if nothing else, at least you'll get some new ideas for stuff you could eat! lol :)

I bought six jars of pureed meat baby food. Opened one and couldn't put a single bite of it in my mouth. It just smelled too nasty to me. I gave away the other 5 jars to someone with an actual baby and used my magic bullet instead.

I bought six jars of pureed meat baby food. Opened one and couldn't put a single bite of it in my mouth. It just smelled too nasty to me. I gave away the other 5 jars to someone with an actual baby and used my magic bullet instead.

lol :D making your own's the way to go! :D

I bought six jars of pureed meat baby food. Opened one and couldn't put a single bite of it in my mouth. It just smelled too nasty to me.

Putrid stuff. None of my 3 kids would eat it (as babies). It's not hard to cook your own, purée, and freeze into portions. And it tastes better!

Since i am only 4 days post op, i was wondering, Can baby food be eaten in the very first stage? Or should it be saved until the second, soft food, stage?

i get sleeved in 1 week i think im going to puree and freeze some stuff

(:

they do have then in bags now they are like desert. im not sleeved yet but my son loves them

My NUT actually recommended baby food for the pureed food stage. I'm going shopping tomorrow because I just started the pureed food stage and figured I'd look at them, but I'm also willing to make all my own stuff too so not sure whether I'll buy any or not.