Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Teachers Who Have Been/getting Sleeved!

How long did it take you to return to work?

How did you feel?

Teaching is very demanding I need to know how you guys coped with it when you returned.

I got sleeved on June 28th, so I had most of the summer to recover. I did sub for summer school for one week 3 weeks after my surgery, and did fine but summer school was only half a day. Now I am back at work full time at 2 months out, and doing fine with lots of energy. I originally was thinking of having surgery over spring break and I'm glad I didn't. There is no way I could have gone to work after only a week or 10 days, but maybe some people could. It took me 2 months to regain my energy. Lots of fatigue the first 4 weeks after surgery. I took lots of naps.

I was sleeved on August 7 and went back on August 13 to work registration. I teach/ coach and just took it easy. I haven't had any problems and am loving my sleeve!

Hi! I took four weeks off. I was off before spring break and I returned when the kids came back. I teach sixth grade- SDC LH. My job can be very demanding. I definitely needed the four weeks. I was extremely tired, light headed, and an emotional mess.

It looks like to need to take more than 2 weeks off. I teach 5th grade. I am already suffering with the fact that I have the leave them with a sub but i have to take care of me.

I also wanted to know how did you eat your lunch? I only have a 20 minute lunch break (with the students of coarse). It takes at least 30 minutes to get the meal down. I guess I will figure these things out with time.

I teach fifth grade as well. I have a 20 minute break and I just try to snack during class. I generally will eat some turkey meat and string cheese and a yogurt. During my lunch break I will eat a few crackers and some chicken salad that I make with chicken breast. You will be fine. I am two months out as well but I really didn't have any energy problems. I taught summer school from 7:15 - 1:00 so it was a long day but I did well. I only took off a week.

I eat a packet of tuna for lunch or a yogurt. Then later I will eat a piece of string cheese or one of the 100 calorie cottage cheese. I also still drink shakes from costco. They have 30 grams of Protein in one shake.< /p>

How long did it take you to return to work?

How did you feel?

Teaching is very demanding I need to know how you guys coped with it when you returned.

I started teaching 2 weeks after my sleeve. I teach Art (kindergarten - 5th grade). I didn't have any complications or problems with my sleeve. I couldn't lift anything over 10 pounds. I bet you will be just fine.

I was sleeved Aug 6th and kids started Sept 5th, I teach kindergarten and the first week I was tired every night...I got side cramps at the end of each day. It helped me drink my Water, because I was so thirsty from talking. Also if I don't have my Protein Shake before work, I feel weak and have an empty pain in my body. lunch I have 30 min without kids, I have been eating in my room and taking the entire time to eat 3 Tbsp of food.< /p>