Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I was sleeved on august 13th 2012... I lost 20 lbs pre op, and 14lbs the first week post op. I have stuck to this new way of eating. I've completely changed my eating habits. I have yet to get in my full amount of Water, or Protein, but I think if I focused more on that, I may be able to.. It doesn't really cross my mind much that I am thirsty, or need to drink, drink, drink lol. I still get that hungry feeling, but there are times when it takes me hours to feel it. There are other times where I feel hungry an hour or two after eating. I am on soft/regular foods, and have been eating things like chicken, cottage cheese, scrambled egg substitute, lowfat string cheese, Greek yogurt, etc. after my first week, I hit a stall.. which I've read is normal bc you're body is adjusting. This lasted 2-3 weeks, until the other day when I noticed I was down another 2-3 lbs, and then another .5-1lb. I can take more than a "SIP" of water, I have had a popsicle with sugar, (I use sugar substitute now) nothing I've ate has made me sick, or throw up. I have not had ANY problems... is this normal? I know everyone's experience is different, and although I was a little worried if I was actually sleeved... I know I have to be bc I eat much less, I have lost weight (first week) I'm just wondering if im doing something wrong? has anyone else had an experience like this? any tips? :/

This is totally normal. I have had no issues with any thing I've eaten. I did get hungry for awhile and then started taking a PPI (omeprazole, pepcid, prilosec, etc) and that took care of acid which had mimicked hunger. Keep up the good work and you are very normal. :)

thank you! lol a little reassurance is always nice! :) I have prilosec but I haven't taken any yet bc I'm afraid to swallow it. when I came home from the hospital I had percocet for pain and had to crush them bc it was just too hard. I'm pretty sure I can't do that with the prilosec bc it is time release. if I try taking the prilosec whole it can't get stuck or anything can it?

It shouldn't get stuck, I took it with Water and had no difficulties. So thankful. It's the bigger capsules or tablets that I avoided. :)

Well thank you again, I will start trying to take them, and hopefully help with the acid. My dr cleared me for exercise just no weights, so that will probably help with the weight loss a little too. I live this site! Great to know there are so many wonderful people out there who are going through this journey, or have been through it already to help and support one another! :)