Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I am new here, but was really looking forward to talking to people who have had the lap-band. It will be 1 yr. for me this Halloween. I have only lost about half of what i should have, and am very disappointed. My nephew had the bypass the same time and has lost alot more, and I feel like I did the wrong surgery at times. I have one more fill to go.

How much have you actually lost? What size band do you have and how much fill? Do you feel you are restricted enough? I know that Men do loose lots faster than women on any weightloss program. My husband has lost more weight than me since my banding and he isn't even banded. But, I know his metabolism is much higher and I'm in perimenopause and it's just a part of life. Post this other information and maybe some seaoned bandsters will weigh in. I've only had the band for 2 months and have lost 40 pounds and am dissapointed myself but I need my 3rd fill. I'm not restricted enough at this point. Hope you get some info that might help you. Good luck.

I think what is important to remember is that the band is designed for slower, healthier weight loss. Ideally, one should be losing about 1-2 pounds per week with the band. If you have lost 40 pounds in two months, that is an average of 5 pounds a week, so you are actually losing above and beyond the suggested amount for lapbanders.

:clap2: My sherijo,

WOW! i really don't understand why YOU are disappointed!! I had my surgery the same day as you! I've only lost 16pds and that was in the first 2 weeks! i thought that I would have lost at least 30 pds by now! You sound like your doing great! Give me some tips! i've only had 1 fill so far.

Lisa

I've only had the band for 2 months and have lost 40 pounds and am dissapointed myself but I need my 3rd fill. I'm not restricted enough at this point. Hope you get some info that might help you. Good luck.

Why in the world are you dissapointed!? :)

You've lost 40 pounds in 2 months. Thats what, an average of 5 pounds a week? And more then 1/2 that time is for healing, where any weight loss is a plus!?!

Seriously, I think you are doing amazingly well.

I am not an expert, but I have heard that bypass patients do lose weight faster, but sometimes don't keep it off. I really think it is not a good idea to compare ourselves to other people...it sets us up for the "perfection/failure" response. We feel like failures, so it gives us an excuse to continue our old behavior. Why not? We are already failures?

You have lost weight. This is weight you probably would not have lost without the band. In fact, in reality you might have gained even more weight without it.

Turn your back on the perfectionist thinking, don't compare your journey to anyone else's and forge ahead. You will continue to lose, even after a year...many people here have. I am still losing quite well, and it's been over a year.

Good luck to you! Hope something here will be encouraging.

Cindy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches