Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm worried for complications too. More so worried about general hospital germs. I'm thankful this will be done lapriscopically to minimize the risk of wound infection. I'm terrified for leaks though.

They mentioned a catheter. Not going to lie it was almost a deal breaker for me. Does anyone remember being awake and still having a catheter or is it removed before you come to?

I had a catheter for two weeks. I had an allergic reaction to the sedative and my bladder shut down (previous surgery). The most painful part is insertion and when its taken out. I learned that the experience of the nurse had a great impact on how comfortable or uncomfortable this was. A good nurse inserting a catheter was nearly painless. I hope if you have one its removed before you wake up so you don't have to worry about anything!!

I think each surgeon has a preference for a catheter or not. My surgeon does not use one, because she wants me to pee on my own and get up often.

Best,

Sannah

Oh boy! I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you! :(

Does anyone know, my paperwork said no nailpolish during surgery... I think it's so they can watch your fingers for circulation... Should I take my toenail polish off too? My feet are so ugly without it but I want to be compliant!

Congratulations!! I have to admit I stayed an extra night in the hospital and considered it my spa vacation lol (I have 4 kids) But I know how nervous you are b/c I felt the same way. You're going to do great!!!

THAT IS SO WEIRD...I think it depends on the doctor because I swear to all of you "I did not have a catheter" I asked about it because I hated those things with my c-sections and they said "no" they just made me go to the bathroom right before they wheeled me in, unless they lied to me...hummm.Hell I was out cold.When I woke up I had to go pretty bad and my bladder was very full, the nurse helped me to the bathroom. The hospital stay was fine but missed the kiddies after day 2 :wub: . Good luck to you.

Just had my sleeve on the 7th. No cathedar. I was close to getting one, since I had a hard time peeng, but once they switched me off the morphine, I was fine to go by myself, and woke up every 45 minutes ( so obnoxious I almost wanted the cathedar!) I ended up staying both nights, it was hard knowing my 1 year old was at home, I missed her so much!!! The worst part for me has been the trapped gas and getting the drain out this mornng, yuck! But I'm doing fantastic, drinking well, have yet to get sick, taking it slow. Can't wait to find out how much weight I've lost already. I'm pretty swollen.

Where is the drain goig to be? I know that sounds stupid but the only other surgery I've ever had is a tonsillectomy (I was 28!) so I'm so clueless! Did the drain hurt? I'm so happy you're doing well!

My drain was on the right side. It's just uncomfortable, not too painful. Don't stress! Just being honest!

I love honesty. Sugar coating helps no one. I want the nitty gritty details. Possible cath. Uncomfortable drain. No solids for a least a month. I like when it sounds really bad so I'm pleasantly surprised if something isnt as awful as I'm expecting. I'm insane.

Oh boy! I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you! :(

Does anyone know' date=' my paperwork said no nailpolish during surgery... I think it's so they can watch your fingers for circulation... Should I take my toenail polish off too? My feet are so ugly without it but I want to be compliant![/quote']

They put a pulse oximeter (not sur of spelling) on your finger and it tells them how much oxygen is making through your system. Nail polish can screw up the reading. Just clips on the tip of your finger. I'm sure you've had them before. No biggie.

I had fingernail polish on, they said just no blue or black.

I'll strip my fingernails but keep my toes painted. I'll bring remover just in case but I'd like to spare people my gross flintstone feet if possible.