Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Has This Happened To Anyone?

SO I had my sleeve done yesterday morning, just went for my upper GI leak test, except the liquid isn't moving :(, I have to go back in an hour. has this happended to anyone? Does this mean I have a leak? I mean I feel okay, sore and gassy, but I've been walking and going up and down stairs, I don't want to have a leak:(. They said that when you haven't eaten and drank in a while that sometimes it takes a whole for the digestive track to wake up... Has this happened to anyone? :( I'm so nervous. And I wanted to go home today and idk if it's happening now

The day following my surgery I was taken for a leak test. My sleeve was so inflamed, the dye wasn't able to move into the sleeve...at all! I was taken back to my room, the NG tube was reinserted (for another 4 days), and was given the time needed for the inflammation to resolve. When the NG tube was removed (the second time) I was able to sip Water with no problem, and was sent home 1.5 days later.

This does not mean that you have a leak. It means that the lining of your sleeve is inflamed, and needs to be given time to heal.

Hi

You are also obviously very swollenI was too.

I vomited the fluro out a few times (projectile!) It took 3 hours of x-ray,walk,x-ray walk to get the fluro to move.The radiologist was insistent that it would go in eventually while I was in a total panic.

It did go in eventually.

I foamed blood for 24 hours post op.Couldnt get anything in.After that I could start sipping and day 3 I went home.

Good luck and just hang in there,it does get better.

I was sleeved on 7/25. Same problem. I ended up staying in the hospital for 9 days. They ended up putting a pic line in and sent home with iv food and Fluid called TPN. 3 1/2 weeks later I had an endoscopy. They stretched me in 3 places. Doc said no leaks, just really swollen. Since that time I have progressed. I am still on TPN but I am now eating mushies. I have asked my dr to take out the pic line. He is being cautious. Doesn't want me to go back to the hospital because of being dehydrated. Next week I start real food. I am getting close to feeling normal. Everyone is different. Hope u pass through this stage quickly. What happened to me, doesn't happen to many people. I will pray for a quick recovery for you. . Try to stay positive.

Phew... Thanks everyone. Turns out everything's fine, I am not on phase 2 liquid diet. What happened is that he had to fix my hiatal hernia and it is just so swollen, there's only a little space for liquid to g through, s that's what the hold up was. I got a shot of something in my IV that has helped with the swelling and all is well, they want to kee me ne more night, and then I'm good to go. So thankful! I can't wait to see where my results bring me!

Thanks everyone!! Xx