Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Small Amounts Of Food?

I am 4 weeks out from surgery, and I can only take in very small amounts of food - like 1/2 of a yogurt; or 1/2 scrambled egg.

Anybody else experience this? Just need somebody to relate to - my dietician says it most likely is just swelling...

Very normal. It takes months for the swelling to completely go down. My facilitator said usually the amount you can eat at 6 months post op is about what you will be able to eat normally. For me, I would say a little further out, but not much. I am almost 2 years post op and still have pretty good restriction in the amount I can eat.

I'm over 7 months out and can usually eat a whole egg or yogurt. Sometimes that is still too much. Most times I can eat 1/4-1/3 cup of food. NUT says I should be able to eat almost a CUP! I don't see how, that just seems like a huge amount.

Interesting,

I am 7 days out. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast 12 ounce Protein shake

snack 32 ounces of Water

lunch 12 ounce Protein Shake

Snack 2 laughing cow cheese wedges & 16 ounces of Water

dinner 2 ounces puréed turkey & 1 tblspn of retried Beans with a dash of melted cheese

Snack 2 laughing cow cheese wedges & 16 ounces of water

Total Calories 620

Total Protein 72 g

Total Carbs 35 g

Total Water 64 ounces (Dothe shakes count as liquid too?)

I felt full after dinner. However, Does this seem like too much for 7 days out? Should I worry about having an oversized sleeve?

I am three months out and that is about what I can eat still...some days MAYBE over half but not much.

I'm almost 12 weeks or 3 months out- and my days vary- and depending in my cycle, but for the most part- yea- I have the same restriction as you. It's nice- trust me. I'm down to 171 from 254 a couple days before surgery. That's 83 lbs in 12 weeks. I haven't touched soda, sugar, carbs, or any of that either.

Enjoy your restriction! :)

Interesting' date='

snack 32 ounces of Water

dinner 2 ounces puréed turkey & 1 tblspn of retried Beans with a dash of melted cheese

Total Calories 620

Total Protein 72 g

Total Carbs 35 g

I felt full after dinner. However, Does this seem like too much for 7 days out? Should I worry about having an oversized sleeve?

[/quote']

I am still pre open but my NUT says liquid for at least the first 2 weeks? I know every center is different

Interesting,

snack 32 ounces of Water

Total Calories 620

Total Protein 72 g

Total Carbs 35 g

You ARE eating way too much

I feel that I'm wasting food and money learning how much and what to prepare.

I can hardly get a 8oz size Protein Shake down in one sitting. This is harder than I expected.

Amazon13,

How do you figure I am eating way too much. 600 calories is not a lot on any scale.

Interesting,

snack 32 ounces of Water

Total Calories 620

Total Protein 72 g

Total Carbs 35 g

Technically, you are not eating a lot, most of it is liquids. It does seem like more than a lot of people can get in at only 7 days post op, but I would not be too worried. I think some people swell a lot more than others. Wait until you are eating more solid foods and see what your restriction is then. You should really not be able to be able to eat more than about 2 oz of dense protein in the beginning (of course this is a little more the further out you get, I can probably eat about 4 oz). The only concern I have that someone else said is eating soft foods already. I know my plan was not soft foods until week 3. But I do know that everyone's guidelines are different.

I am at the end of my 15th week out Tuesday is week 16 so 3 and half months this is my typical day:-

half a cup of tea

5 teaspoons of cheerios and milk

half a cup of tea

half a cup of water/juice

2 ice poles

3-4 teaspoons of chicken maybe with some sort of mushed veg or sauce (typically I will finely dice mushrooms and chop up broccoli so its sorta pulp cooks in with the sauce)

half a cup of tea

the same food as before in the same amount

150ml of shake which is 35g Protein

half a cup of tea

1inch of cheese

2 ice poles

half a cup of tea.

That’s it food will change to like bean and cheese or steak or turkey chilli or fish but that’s the amounts I can eat in one sitting it roughly 1oz -1and half ounces of food at a time and takes me between 30mins-1 hour and 15mins to eat depending on the density of the food.

I am at the end of my 15th week out Tuesday is week 16 so 3 and half months this is my typical day:-

half a cup of tea

5 teaspoons of cheerios and milk

half a cup of tea

2 ice poles

3-4 teaspoons of chicken maybe with some sort of mushed veg or sauce (typically I will finely dice mushrooms and chop up broccoli so its sorta pulp cooks in with the sauce)

half a cup of tea

the same food as before in the same amount

150ml of shake which is 35g Protein

half a cup of tea

1inch of cheese

2 ice poles

half a cup of tea.

That’s it food will change to like bean and cheese or steak or turkey chilli or fish but that’s the amounts I can eat in one sitting it roughly 1oz -1and half ounces of food at a time and takes me between 30mins-1 hour and 15mins to eat depending on the density of the food.

Wow, that sounds like the smallest sleeve ever. :)

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.