Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was Anyone Not Put On Pre Op Diet?

Geez...I'm wondering if I should do a pre op diet anyways to just make sure there r no issues with my liver. Ugh

I was not put on a pre op diet. But I did two days of Clear Liquids just to be safe and to get used to it. I was fine and lost a couple of pounds.

When I got my date (10/11/12) I was at a 6 weeks before surgery point, I was put on a low carb/sugar diet- no sodas, only FF dairy (so ive cut my coffee consumption by 75 %, at least!), low sodium. 3 weeks before surgery I go on 2 Protein meals and one protein / veggie meal per day. He wanted me to lose 10-12 lbs. I've already lost 9.5!! My stomach is shrinking, my cravings for carbs is gone, I'm satisfied with less food already! I try to not drink 1/2 hour before and after meals, chew my food thoroughly and focus on what I'm eating and slow down! Strategies that will help the transition post-op feel not so foreign. It's funny how each doctor is so different!

My doc only wants me to do two days clear liquids before surgery. After reading about all the different diets and problems on here I think I will do the diet for a bit longer!

Mine too and I'm doing the same. I have added cheese though for some substance. Ill be sure to do full liquids for the 48 hours though. Time for a Popsicle :)

I am scheduled for my surgery on 9/17/2012. My doctor requires you to be on a 2-week pre op diet. The first week is 3 to 4 Protein Shakes and 1 meal consisting of a low fat Protein (3 oz) and a green vegetable or salad per day. You can also have sf Jello, sf popsickles, and broth and 64 oz of Water. The second week (the week before surgery) you are on a full liquid diet of protein shakes, sf jello, and sf popsickles, broth, etc. and 64 oz of water. The day before surgery, just clear liquids. Today is my 4th day and it's been ok. Not looking forward to next week with no actual solid food, but I'm going to try my best to keep my mind focused.

I wonder why the pre-diet is so different from dr. To dr. What's it like to be on a liquid diet a week Pre-op while working? I assume it's the hardest part of the process! I was a grazer at work- lots of stress, munched all day or had little treats set aside to look forward to. I pulled my abductor muscle right after my vacation so I haven't been back to school (I'm a secretary in an Elementary School office) since being on my low fat, sugar, carb. plan. It's been easy to "be good" when I really can't get food for myself. Work will definitely be a challenge. I hope and pray to be back at work next week!