Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3 Post Op: My Nurses Got Me In Trouble!

I meant sugar free' date=' not fat free...[/quote']

Apples have a lot of naturally occuring sugars, baby apple juice has none added, but still, I would probably dilute it or just drink crystal lite (yeah, I know, chemicals)

bmi.png

Apples have a lot of naturally occuring sugars' date=' baby apple juice has none added, but still, I would probably dilute it or just drink crystal lite (yeah, I know, chemicals)

Everything seems to be a double edged sword, but I have been drinking crystal light today since getting in trouble over the juice. :) I normally drink unflavored Water just fine, but it has been more difficult than unexpected since my surgery. Diluting the juice also seems like a good option! I'll have to look at what's avialable and pick some things that are low in sugar or consider diluting. Hopefully I'll be able to do the plain Water soon enough. Thanks for the great ideas!

Yeah, he said it isn't common for dumping with the sleeve, but says it does happen occasionally. Also, he said he doesn't want me taking in all of that sugar bc it can interfere with weightloss. I have actually not had trouble keeping anything down other than my pain meds which always make me nauseous, even pre-surgery. I have already been cleared for puréed foods today and have had a lowfat potatoe/veggie Soup (2g sugar per 1 cup) and I had only 4 oz, 2 oz cottage cheese and I've been trying to sip Water and skim milk. I have actually had very little all together, but feel very satisfied which is an amazing feeling all together! My main problem is getting on all of my Water so I'm trying to focus on that for now.

Keep the comments coming. I love hearing about everyone else. Makes me feel like I'm not doing this alone. Of course, my husband has been by my side every step of the way, but it is cool to have people who are actually experiencing this exact thing. :)

When I was on Clear Liquids, I was getting ZERO sugar and apparently my body needed a slight bit because I was shaky. I could understand his concern if you were constantly slugging it back, but one 8 oz glass diluted with half water isn't going to stall anything. SAKES! LOL!

You're doing great!

BTW, milk has naturally occurring sugar too (lactose).

When I was on clear liquids' date=' I was getting ZERO sugar and apparently my body needed a slight bit because I was shaky. I could understand his concern if you were constantly slugging it back, but one 8 oz glass diluted with half Water isn't going to stall anything. SAKES! LOL!

You're doing great!

BTW, milk has naturally occurring sugar too (lactose).[/quote']

Everything seems to have sugar. Lol. I Have switched to skim which I would have never done before (always a 2% girl) and unless it makes me deathly I'll, I'm going to still drink a cup occasionally...at least it has Protein, right!?! ha

Thanks for making me feel better all. I felt like I had stolen precious jewels when he realized I'd had apple juice. lol. It was so good and easy to drink that I was definitely disappointed that it was not ok. ;) I think he made my nurse feel worse than he did me though since she gave it to me. haha