Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained 6 Pounds And Happy....

Yup, I put 6 pounds back on.

Am I upset?

Nope.

I know what I've been doing: squats, push-ups, bodyblade: http://www.bodyblade.com/en/, 1 hour walking a day. No change in diet.

My exercise routine had been put off long enough.

I knew that I lost some muscle mass during my rapid loss and that getting it back would tip the scales.

I anticipated gaining; muscles weigh more than fat but take up less space.

I look good...actually better.

Health and energy are the primary goals. Looking good sneaks in there too. B)

I will not allow myself to be oppressed by the slandering, digital indicator under my feet! :angry:

Good for you....keep up the positive attitude. Its nice to see that your not freaking out over a few pounds, after all we are still human and our bodies have to adjust. Even if that means fluctuation and a few pounds gained due to muscle development.

Your not done yet! Pretty soon those muscles are going to burn, burn, and burn more calories! :) That's a good thing. Good to see you on here, it's been a long time since I've seen you. :)

I'm in the same situation, I was paniky at first but then realized that my clothes were still jst as baggy and I was able to actually see some muscle definition rather than just tubular shaped limbs.

It's important to keep up and maintain the exercise and immediatly cut back the caloric consuption when cutting back on the exercise rate so as not to actually gain weight.

Hi

This is an awesome thing to bring up. It's important to remember that, just like the sleeve, the scale is only a tool for weight loss, not the be all end all. Yes, muscles weigh approx 1 1/2 times fat, so go by how you look, how you feel, how your clothes fit (always better over a toned body than a flabby one), what you have been eating, and for women, what time of the month it is. So many factors to consider, listen to your body, if you listen close enough it will tell you what it wants and how it is feeling.

I know whereof I speak. I will not get my sleeve until January, but I have learned bits and pieces from all of my past weight loss attempts, and also as a nurse of almost 30 years I still remember what one of my instructors told me so long ago - "listen to your patient. They are the ones in that body, if they say they are in pain, they are, if they say they feel nausea, they are. It may not always make sense, and it might take some investigation to figure out WHY they feel that way, and what to do about it (our job, IN CONJUNCTION with out patient) ' but what they feel is real" Something I try hard to follow in ,y practice.

I also spent several years in the gym, and although I never did get lower than the 'overweight' category, I had lean muscle, looked good and felt good. My problem being I do not have 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day to maintain that, so I am now once again 'moderately obese', so...I will add the sleeve as another tool.

Sorry for the key oars diarrhea, good luck to all!

Sorry, I meant keyboard diarrhea lol