Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Liquid Diet.... So Far... Not So Good.

I have my date... WOHOOOO! It's Monday 09/17. So excited (and nervous and scared and did I mention excited?!?!?!)

Having a teensy problem with the pre-op liquid diet. Today is day 2 and well, yesterday I ended up having a bunch of string cheese, a bag of terra chips and some Peanut Butter. Today, same thing (minus the terra chips). So here are my questions in no particular order:

Anyone else have struggles with getting in the groove of the liquid diet? How did you overcome them? Any tips or tricks that I should be doing?

I KNOW after surgery it's no soda EVER. Period- but is it okay to have a diet dr. pepper once a day? Trying to wean myself off coffee and diet soda is proving a bit challenging.

For those of you who work- how many days until you felt like you had a clear head? I have a bunch of huge meetings at the end of this week (last big thing due before the "big day") and am having a hard time concentrating.

Definitely trying my best to keep to the plan, especially since the whole reason for the plan is to get the liver tight, happy and healthy- but I gotta say, it's a LOT harder than I thought it was going to be.

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Granted this is just opinion and what I'm going through everyone is different. After day 2 I'm feeling better. My Dr's office did say I could have a diet yellow soda. I chose to only drink half and will not do it everyday. I too had a couple of pretzels but hoping today will continue to be better. My nurse did tell me she went into surgery with my dr and that you could tell the difference between 2 patients. One who had cheated and one who had not. She said it doesake a difference in the liver. Goodluck. Hope this helps

Diet and zero sodas were allowed on my pre op diet no full sugar drinks though.

my opinion is that you are not going to be able to have them after the surgery...it just plain hurts to try (yes I have) so try to kick that habit as soon as you can. it will be hard at first...but you can do it!

I have my date... WOHOOOO! It's Monday 09/17. So excited (and nervous and scared and did I mention excited?!?!?!)

Having a teensy problem with the pre-op liquid diet. Today is day 2 and well' date=' yesterday I ended up having a bunch of string cheese, a bag of terra chips and some Peanut Butter. Today, same thing (minus the terra chips). So here are my questions in no particular order:

Anyone else have struggles with getting in the groove of the liquid diet? How did you overcome them? Any tips or tricks that I should be doing?

I KNOW after surgery it's no soda EVER. Period- but is it okay to have a diet dr. pepper once a day? Trying to wean myself off coffee and diet soda is proving a bit challenging.

For those of you who work- how many days until you felt like you had a clear head? I have a bunch of huge meetings at the end of this week (last big thing due before the "big day") and am having a hard time concentrating.

Definitely trying my best to keep to the plan, especially since the whole reason for the plan is to get the liver tight, happy and healthy- but I gotta say, it's a LOT harder than I thought it was going to be.

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.[/quote']

I'm on day 3 and let me tell u it gets much better :) I started last week and cheated (McDonalds, pizza etc). I have 4 glucerna/boost shakes a day (high Protein low sugar) 8 glasses of Water (mixed with crystal light or mio) and 1-2 cups of low sodium chicken broth (only 10 cal in a cup).

I work as a nurse and have a crazy busy schedule. The first 2 days are the hardest but it's mind over matter. I'm not going to lie to u and say I didn't think of food..but everytime I did I thought of this: my surgery date is oct 2. I have booked off 6 weeks off from work and revolved my life around this vsg. My biggest fear is waking up after surgery only to find out that they couldn't do it because I cheated on pre-op. last night my best friend hosted a dinner at her house. Roast beef with all te fixing and buttercream brownies for dessert. I took my cup of Soup and ensure with me and was fine. They kept askin me "are u ok? We feel bad u aren't eating"...but my health is too important for me. More important than a piece of cake, or a slice of pizza. I'm in this for good! We all have our temptations but we really need to step back and think.,if I'm going to be cheating every day of my pre op..how am I going to survive post op?

Mind over matter:) good luck!!