Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats wrong with me???

Hi all, I had my surgery april 2006, i have lost only 10lb in 5 months. i have had three filling. this last filling is defenitaly tight but not sure if its the same as being full. If i don't chew for a very long time it hurts like crazy going down. Im just not sure what feeling full feels like i guess. Please help. My husband spent to much money on me only to loose 10lbs! I also am working out 3 to 4 times a week??

thanks Pepper:think

I'm certainly no expert being really new at this, banded 9/13, but maybe you just haven't reached the right fill yet. And it never hurts to go back to basics: eat Protein first, 3 meals a day/no Snacks, walk, journal, and use your support. Hang in there! Katt

Well, I am very new as well but I hope that I can provide some words of encouragement. Several things are going to have a determining factor...

What are your statistics?

Have you been overweight your entire life including adolescence?

What is a typical day of meals like for you?

Have you entered your food into fit day including any drinks, shakes and coffees to see how many calories you are intaking?

Based on your input to www.fitday.com enter your excercising as well and see if you are burning more calories than you are eating.

I have noticed a pattern....... for people who were also overweight as adolescents, they start losing slower than individuals who have become overweight in the last 10 years.

Try reading some posts by both muffinbirdie and AussieChick. They both took quite a while before they started losing weight. I think I even read somewhere that AussieChick had lost "zero" pounds in her first 3 months.

I'd definately start logging my nutritional intake. If you're as tight as you're describing, it's possible to fall into "soft food syndrome". This is a bad place to be because these soft foods usually have higher calories and lower Protein.

Make sure you're drinking enough Water. Most docs recommend 6-8, but I've heard of even higher recommendations based on a person's weight.

You're already exercising so that's good. But, if you're building muscle (which is also good) remember that muscle weighs more than fat. It also metablizes more calories, daily. You may be in a period of equalizing the muscles with the fat. *measure yourself* This will be a great indicator. If you're losing inches, then you're losing something.

You weren't specific about your starting weight and your history. But, remember that those with lower BMI's typically lose weight slower than those with higher starting BMI's.

Hope this helps.

pepper:1) all the information you post here is 'in the public domain' so don't post what you don't want

It's funny how words sometimes are missing feeling, emotion and inflection and can sometimes not convey what the writer was intending to convey. Please forgive me if I was a bit forward in asking for your statistics. I truly did not mean that you should provide anything you don't want to provide.

I was more in the mindset of possibly helping you recognize some NSV's that you may have over looked. scale Victories are not the only important victory here......

You could be feeling healthier. I know my blood pressure dropped significantly just in losing a few pounds. You could be 2 sizes smaller and have built muscle like ddiedre stated, which weighs more than fat. You could have more energy, confidence, I could go on and on.

Try making a list of NSV's that you have had so far, maybe that will give you a more positive perspective of where you are right now.

Take care,

How frustrating for you! I agree with logging in your calories for awhile, using fitday.com. That way you know exactly what you are putting in...There is also a place for activities on that website to log in your exercise.

This has helped me. Good luck. Shawn