Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Sonia: What a difference.. Youre lookin good. Keep up the good work. October 31 will be my 5 month Anv., so maybe it's time to get this perm cut off, and get a new due; thean maybe I can get some pictures, and find some old ones. My problem is how to put them up. Get back.

Lots2Luv: Don't kick yourself to hard!!! Eventually you will realize "seriousley"that you didn't have this done for nothing, and then it is time to get your $hit together. And you will! We are all here for help too, just ask and it's yours. That's not to bad, better then nothing.. I need to lose 4lbs. just to get under 200lbs. It's a bitch let me tell you, I'm running out of patients.But my mobilitey is limited, "have to take that into consideration" yeagh write,and then a long way to go. I figure another year., But I knew that before I got on the table. So my Doc say's 1lb. a week that's it. Set some realistic goals. Get back. Shirley...:)

Sonia you look great!! I can really tell a difference...keep up the great work!

So I weighed myself this morning and I am down 2 pounds this week!! Finally I am seeing some changes! I will try very, very hard to reach the Easter challenge...

You guys look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try and get pics as well! Had a computer problem, it went bye bye. crashed! so went and got a new one and have been getting that done plus the service for my mother in law, also had family in. Just what I thought, I gained 3 lbs. So today I will start to be better at this losing weight WAR. It is finally spring here in Michigan. I wish I could walk. Shirley my nail client has no foot, and she walks 2 miles a day! With her leg. I can't walk even 1 mile with my knees, (bone on bone,) but I am waiting till the end to get new ones. So I ride the bike. Maybe I will kick it up to more time on that.

Well everyone have a good day and enjoy the weather. Mary

Mary: Isn't that something, 2 miles a day! Whew!! I'm workin at walking around the Malls, around the block, and the husband went out and bought 2 new bicycles. So for now it's a hell of a big ouch!!! Every time that right peddle comes up, and forces that knee to bend, I was yelling OUCH!! After about 4 blocks some of that scar tissue tore, and the knee could bend a little more. "That was yesterday, will see what today brings?" I predict some more ouches...,,, but, no pain no gain right! Then soon I to will be walking. Next year, I hope to walk for Breast Cancer or the Arthritis Foundation. My neighbor across the street has 2 knees," from Osteoarthritis" but her cancer has returned "3 places in the discs of her spine" from her breast cancer

So,,, now,,, it won't be long and she will be gone. I found out yesterday

she told me. "such a sad situation" I don't think I can walk for both, maybe just the 1. Then again you never no. Maybe I will be able to do 2.

Trust me Mary, when you have this done, and are pain free "This surgery hurts though!" You will be asking yourself what did I wait for??? This is great. My muscles still are sore, they hurt sometimes, but not to have that bone to bone knee pain is great. You keep bikeing and enjoy the good Michigan weather today. Shirley....:faint:

I want to thank you guys for being there and supporting me. As was mentioned, while under stress I too tend to go to food and that is something that the band doesn't take away so I've definately been struggling with that. Coming back and reading all the great successes has helped because I want to be a success also so you'll be seeing more of me and less of me in a physical sense!

Blessings to everyone

Well CrapOla...... I gained 8 pounds since last Sunday! I am dumbfounded. I jumped on and off the scale several times in disbelief. But it seems to be true. What could have went wrong? I didnt even think I ate to much last week. I even went to the gym! And I went to Frisco on Sat and walked all damn day long! I am so boggled by this. One thing I did do differently is I joined a tanning salon. The receptionist is also a nutritionist at Max's Muscles. I started to buy another Muscle Milk since they carry it, and he says that this stuff is crap. I started to get a little mad at him... then he showed High 5 and we compared the calories and sugar and stuff. He says that MM is for real hard core athletes. So I made the switch and now it says to drink just 4 oz with one scoop. I was used to the 16 oz of mm. Maybe this week I will drink only shakes and alternate between the 2. I am so mad! This wasnt supposed to happen. BLAH! I have been in bed all day pouting. I need a Ho-Ho..... never mind... just give me the whole box! lol ~Raynie ps. where is Jimboss? pss. Sonia you look fabulous!

Hi Y'All (I'm not from the South, just love to say it)

I haven't posted in AGES. To be honest, not losing any weight and not paying any attention either. I don't know why? Maybe I'm starting to feel motivated again so I logged on, certainly hope so.

Jessica, if my ass looked like that I'd be taking pics too:biggrin1:

I kind of feel like a failure, haven't lost any weight in about 2 months, what's up with that?

I did my first show for lia sophia on Sat night. It was a huge success and I think maybe that's why I am trying to get back on track. Standing in a room in front of a bunch of women ain't easy:nervous

It's an amazing job though, I walked out of there having made over $300. I NEVER would have done something like this 5 months ago!!

I truly applaud all of you who are sticking to it, even through the tough times. You guys inspire me! Keep it up

Good Morning my Angels,

Old Jimboss is still alive and kicking. I've had a lot going on in my life the past couple of weeks. My lovely bride and I have bought a new house and it seems to be taking up a lot of my time lately. I feel guilty about not being around here because my Angels are my lifeline! I definetly need y'all.

I've read up on the posts and it feels great to be "missed". Hearing the questions about my whereabouts made me feel wanted. Sadly, during my weight gain days I didn't feel "wanted" very much. But sunny days are ahead! I'm sort of stuck on 273 but I know that it will start again soon.

Jess...my goodness girl! What a butt! Nice! And Sonia, you are looking so darned good! And Raynie, you'll be hearing from me soon! And to the rest of my Angels...I love you all! Everyone is doing such a great job! When I read the posts here at October Bandsters, it is always such a motivation for me to keep plugging away.

Again, Old Jimboss loves you all!

raynie: Shirley here. I hate to tell you this, but your guy is full of $hit!!!, period.... Rgular MM has got a lot of callories if you drink a couple of shakes a day. "add em up?" If you have 1 8ounce shake a day, in the place of a meal,you will help burn the calories off. The package even tells you that! If you drink it like it was pop, then yeagh, I could see were you would start to build up n weight. It's good stuff. Research it if you want to; but as surgical weight loss patients, you need a liquid protien to help you reach your daily allowance of protien. 60-80g a day. for a women, 80-100g for a man.Ask your genious if he no's how much protien you should have daily, being a patient! If you think you have been drinking to much, then back off some.Me,, I use the MML because it's lower in calories, and still has the good taste.I hope this makes you feel a little better. Shirley...

raynie: I contacted my Dietician at the Center of Excellence, and she told me I'm wright on the money. She told me to tell you that MM is a great source of protien, and have a shake before you work out. Then when you are done, hopefully you wont feel like your starving. So from me to you o.k...O yeagh she laughed at the expert, and said he should go to school before he starts compareing things. MM is still one of the best, that's why we use it. I think that say's it all. Henry Ford Hospital is pretty big here, and they have a excellent reputation. Shirley.....

Hey everyone...I have been SO busy at work the last few days. I'm tired! And I haven't been able to check in here too often. ;)

Raynie I'm sorry to hear about your weight gain. Is it due to your TOM? I always gain 3-4 pounds right around then...I think it's Water retention. Are you drinking enough water? I find I lose more consistently and feel better if I make sure to get at least 80 oz of water in. Not sure about the Muscle Milk, except that it does have lots of calories. Maybe try the MM light...

Threebeauties!! You have been gone for along time! Aren't plateaus a bitch?? I didn't lose ANYTHING for 5 straight weeks and it's SO frustrating! Do you think you might need another fill? And I love Lia Sophia stuff! I'm going to a part on Thursday in fact. :D

Yay Jimboss is back!!! You really were missed! Congrats on your new house...I would love to see pics!

Where has Sonia been...

I feel so loved! Thanks for the info guys! I love you all too! Well it must have been Water or something cause its back to normal! Whew! ......it was scary! I also cracked up the MM and my MML is almost out! Yikes!

Time to reorder. I also went to water aerobics this morning! Felt Great!

NIce to see you around again, Jimboss! i was getting worried! Gratz on the house, I want to see pics too! ;) *hugs to everyone*

Glad to hear it's only water!!, but like I said "He's full of Bull-Durham!!!!

Hi Friends!

Jimboss glad your back! I was wondering if I was going to have someone from pur SF faclity try and track you down to make sure you were Ok!

I realized that i only lost 1 pound this month. But i know i havebnt been following the band rules and snacking on crack - so now its time to be grateful for how far I've come and know that I can do so much more.

trying out this whole positive energy will get you positiveness idea ;)

OO I'm a Lia Sohia junkie! a coworker sells it and keeps saying i should sell it since i own so dang much of it!

hows the knee feeling Shirley? Hope the Spring weather will put a spring in your step.

i've been such a slacker and haven't walked since last sunday! so time to get off my tuckuss and get a few miles in.

keep up the great job guys! I am so grateful for this group!! You guys make such a difference!