Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

OK...weight this morning is 187.8. Started my period last night, ugh! But the good news is I'm finally down some weight for our Easter challenge. Ha ha! Off to the gym...

I took my husband to the Dr. today. Looks like the FLU!!! ugh!, boy is he sick."I'm glad I got a flu shot in the fall, hope it helps!" So he was weighed and I no the Dr.'s scale was always about 5lbs. high. So it read 201lbs. I thought201-5=196. O.K. the other day calculations were about 194. So I'm going for my 2nd fill Wednesday, and hopefully I will be able to say {I'm in onderland}.I'm still holding my breath. If not,, well,,,, I soon will be after this fill. Shirley.

Ifeel like such a looser!!!, and I'm lovin it....

Hi Friends

I know I shouldn't but tonight is all about guilty indulgence!

I'm watching a few hours of I Love New York on VH1 and am having some Haagen Daaz light ice cream. MMMMM!

i know i shouldnt but...

:hungry:

Hi Friends

I know I shouldn't but tonight is all about guilty indulgence!

I'm watching a few hours of I Love New York on VH1 and am having some Haagen Daaz light ice cream. MMMMM!

i know i shouldnt but...

:hungry:

hey, at least it was light - i had full fledged Starbucks Mud Pie Ice Cream bar... oh my gawed it was sinfully delicious!!!

Hi

I was banded 10-02-06 and got my first fill 02-22-07. I'm a little over 3 weeks post fill and still having a tough time with solid foods on a regular basis. I get most of my nutrition via shakes at this point. I have lost a little over 60 lbs total and continue to work at it. It seems to me that eveyone is doing great. I do love to read about you all and wish you all the best of luck

Pistol: Looks to me like you are doing a wonderful job of taking off the weight.If you might think it's to tight, talk to your Dr.. They would no the best. I am going in for my 2nd. fill tomarrow, and I'm hoping I can tollerate it.Welcome, and stay in touch. Shirley...

Welcome Pistol! You should be able to eat solid protein...even with a fill. You may want to check in with your doc, a small unfill could help you. Congrats on your awesome weight loss!

I've been doing well the past few days. It's so hard to get back into a routine after it's been disrupted. Last week I exercised 5 times and last night as well. My goal for this week is to not to eat out until the weekend. I do so much better when I plan my meals myself.

How is everyone else doing??

Hi everyone!

Welcome Pistol!

I'm with you Jessica - I need to start planning my lunches better otherwise I keep rotating between panera chicken noodle Soup & the fuji apple soup/ taco bells beans/ or culver's tuna. and i'm burning out of eating those 3!

Hi all-I don't post here much but I do follow this thread pretty much daily. It's great how well you all are doing! Since my surgery on Oct 13 I have lost about 40lbs (which is good). But heres the wierd thing- I have never in my life felt worse about myself than I do right now. If it weren't for my kids I wouldn't get out of bed. I don't want to leave the house(I do, only because I have to). I don't understand why this is happening. Things are pretty good. I should feel great!I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything like this this.

Thanks-Lisa

willow5880: If I were you, I would mention this to my Doc., and see what he says. I mean for some people this might be a normal reaction You never no. Don't forget! We are all going threw a lot of things being obese.

Especially Hormonal, wich leeds to depression. This is the very first thing that I learned, and they told us when you lose the weight you will start to feel better about yourself. For me I think about 75 or 100 lbs, before I started feeling better about myself. Now I feel good, but,,, I think, could still be better. Talk to your Doc.... Nice to hear from you again.

Nice job on the weight loss. I lost 27lbs. since my surgery. That's about 1lb. a week. It's a slow go, but I get my second fill today, and I'm hoping this will change the numbers a little. Shirley....

Hi Willow! I agree with Shirley...your depression might be related to your hormones. But you're also going though a lot of changes and you may be mourning the loss of food too. Talk to you doctor, anti-depressants will help and think about finding a therapist to talk to. It has helped me tremendously!

:censored: Well: I went to my surgeon's office today, and still no fill. He asked me if chicken breast, or bread was hard to swallow? I said yes. Well,,, that changed everything. He see's a 6lb. loss in 7 weeks. He only want's a pound a week that's it! A pound and a half is to much. So calculateing,surgery probably put weight on or held the same, and the knee is 1/2lb.

more, then your original knee. Sooo, in his eyes I am rite in there. I thought I was going to hit the floor. He told me "This is a very slow go,

and you already took out 1/2 of the 50lbs. that you are entitled to for a year!, What else do you want?" I hate to admit it, but he is very much on target I weighed 231 at surgery, 204 today=27lbs. in 5 months. Maybe under 200lbs. in another month . I just have to keep plugin along, and I guess I will. I'm in this for the long haul. So far I have lost 152lbs. since I started my journey. Shirley...

Oh my goodness.... I haven't logged on here for awhile now! Do you all forgive me? Please.......I sorry!

Gratz on everyones loss and welcome to all the new folks!

Want to hear my funny story?

So its Sunday and I go to Wal Mart to pick out a quick outfit to wear to the In-Laws house. I grabbed a pair of Capris and a pretty shirt. I thought I deserved a new outfit since I stepped on the scale and finally hit my 40 pound loss! I was really excited, right? So on went the clothes, and off we went to the in laws. while we were there, the damn Capris kept falling off! So I am once again walking around with one hand constantly tuggin them back up. It was getting really annoying though, and Not one family member said anything about my weight loss, which pissed me off since they haven't seen me since Dec. Oh well. So we get home and I run to the bathroom and take off the capris- I doubled checked the size- I knew the hanger said a 22, but why are they falling off? I think to myself how awesome this is- and just Maybe I will be in a 18 by the time I take my Disney trip in may! Sweet right? lol so I checked the size and WTF it was a 26!!!!! Geez! I was pissed! I was prolly more upset that they didnt fall off imediatley! My DH threw away my tags... so I didnt bother to return them. But Damn it what a dissappointment that day! Oh and guess what the Damned Hubby said when I told him about my 40 pound mark? He said "oh so your still losing weight?" WTF! I wanted to cry and scream at the same fukin time! (I only called him damned instead of darling on that day) but seriously I feel traumatized somedays! Anyone who says having this surgery is an easy way out is crazy! Like I just did this to my body- I can hardly eat- and your still thinking of how fat I am? I know this is a long process of shedding the pounds.... but geez- can we ever get just a little credit? ;)

So to all of Jimboss's angels- I am giving everyone an extra *big hugs* for all the hard work you have all done to get to the spot you are at right now! *cheers to us*

ps. I had to restock my pantie drawer! I love buying new panties!

~Raynie!

Hi everyone

Shirley your doing so great!

Willow I agree with the gals - these changes to our bodies do alot to our mental state as well.

Raynie you crack me up!

my stomachs been funky all day - dont think i defrosted last nights fish long enuf or something - so i think i'm going to take a hot bath and go to bed early.

take care!