Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Happy Anniversary JimBoss!

Hoppe ur not in the airport for too long Jessica!

Oh Raynie I hear you on the eatting to fast. Had my first duma$$ moment in a long time tonight. Got home around 7 - forgot to take the backway and got stuck in the stupid city crawl of traffic. Then I was eating, kinda listening to my Dh on the phone with his folks and playing with the cat. The next thing i knew i had this horrible feeling in my chest and i knew what i had done. looked at the 1/2 peice of chicken left on the plate and tossed it. grrr. now to just wait it out i guess. dont know if a hot bath will do anything but off to unpack and soak. Tomorrows back to work yip o yipppee. Shoudl have signed up for a 2 day class.

Thanks to all my Bandster Angels for the anniversary wishes. KStar you had some good observations! I gotta tell you all though that 31 years of marriage has been a lot of hard work. There were times when I wondered if we would make it. But bottom line....we rolled up our sleeves and sat at the table and worked it out. There has been a lot of "give and take" on both of our parts. Sacrifices of various natures have had to been made. There were times I did not like her very much. But at the same time I loved her. And I'm sure she's felt the same way. And if I had to do it all over again? HELL NO! No, I'm just kidding. Of course I would! In a heartbeat I would. We've been married long enough that there are no longer any jealousies either. My lovely bride knows I'm a flirt. She knows I check out the ladies at the mall (she actually points them out to me). And she told me that she don't mind if I "read the menu". Her only request is I "have all my meals at home". Damn Angels.....works for me! Especially here in October Bandsters! What a menu! Yummy!

Well enough of that I reckon. I think you get the point. Thanks for all the congrats.

I need to get a shower because it's off to the "salt mines" in about an hour. I'm one of the few people I know that looks forward to work. Not to get out of the house, but to get to work. I love my job.

People that I pass will always say "How you doing?"....my reply is never "good" or "ok", my reply is always "Better than I deserve!".

Hey I love you all! Even though we are a bunch of "big losers", I love you all! I check the board often every day (even at work!). And I agree with KStar, y'all mean quite a bit to me.

Hugs.........Jimboss

Hellos there, my prettiess...

I cant wait till my rings get so loose that they need to be re-sized to a smaller band! I really cant wait till I can walk into any store and buy any ring I want right then and there without needed to be sized larger! whoot!!! :)

Just my thought for the day! *giggles*

Shirly- MM peach Mango smoothie is pretty good! Real thin too! not too bad of an after taste. The Choc carmel is ok too. Alittle chalky but I think I didnt measure the Water right. I will keep experimenting. maybe a dash of Vodka in the peach one would make it taste better! :( ~Raynie!

Hi Everyone, I am glad to hear everyone is doing great! I also was stuck in the airport yesterday in Norfolk, Va. flying into Detroit but it was foggy there. Waited 7 hours, so of course I had Ice cream, (god I miss that!) I was in Virginia Beach for a week and I am proud to annouce that I didn't gain any weight. YEA! (didn;t lose either! ) Got home last night and one of the messages I got is my Dr. Changing my 2nd fill. BOOHOO! I wanted that fill. But I am going to start being good again today. I even have had my muscle milk already. chocolate cold isn't to bad.

Everyone have a great week and THINK SPRING!!!!!!!!!!! Mary

Hellos there, my prettiess...

I cant wait till my rings get so loose that they need to be re-sized to a smaller band! I really cant wait till I can walk into any store and buy any ring I want right then and there without needed to be sized larger! whoot!!! :)

Just my thought for the day! *giggles*

Shirly- MM peach Mango smoothie is pretty good! Real thin too! not too bad of an after taste. The Choc carmel is ok too. Alittle chalky but I think I didnt measure the Water right. I will keep experimenting. maybe a dash of Vodka in the peach one would make it taste better! :) ~Raynie!

Now you're cookin with gas!!! Shirley..

Well I am finally starting to get back on the bandwagon here...my vacation really threw me. I guess alcohol, ice cream and potato chips really aren't my friends. :) Now I just need to get exercising again. I defintely have time this weekend so I've got to get my butt to the gym.

Is this Sunday our first Easter challenge weigh in or was that last Sunday?

So after a completely craptastic morning i thought i would run to taco bell for some Beans and call it lunch.< /p>

then i stopped at walgreens for some mindless retial therepy. and there were the easter packages of peeps... got a couple of boxes to mail to a friend and a package for me.

thought i could open the pack and eat one peep.

NOPES. 3 bunnies down! I just threw the last lonely peep away because i knew i couldnt resist.

Now we're going out with the gals for dinner and i could SO use a drink or 2 .... i'm thinking of skipping out or just getting the soup... can i be strong after my peep episode??

Yum...I LOVE Easter candy! Especially peeps and cadburry eggs. It's a difficult holiday. 3 peeps isn't that bad...5 peeps has 160 calories and even 1 gram of Protein. :) I think you're ok to have a couple of drinks tonight as long as they're not really sugary, maybe stick with wine.

Here's the nutritional info on peeps:

http://www.dietfacts.com/html/items/21180.htm

i love peeps. i think i need a support group. I even find it fun to make a cup of realy hot cocoa and watch them melt.

i'm going to see if i can have a totally cadbury egg free spring season...

dinner was ok - had a glass of sangria and maybe 3/4 of a cup of the chicken giadino minus Pasta. Man those size 2 waitresses at the olive garden look at you kinda funny when you say no pasta please. =)

I'm trying to get my cat to hop on the elliptical for me but he's not being cooperative.

guess that means i have to do it my dang self..... i better stop surfin and get a sweatin.... Nyte friends!

mmmmm I love peeps too! Those are my favorite along with white chocolate bunnies. Actually it doesnt matter what shape its in as long as its white chocolate. :) Damn it ... now I want some hecka bad!!! ~Raynie!

Happy Friday my friends!

Well looks like our windy city heatwave is coming to a crashing end and the winter storm warning for the weekend is back.

I'm in a big - I can't believe I still work here - funkola today. but as long as I don't start munching i should be ok.

just watching the clock so that I can go get some Water and start on my Quest for 8 glasses...

We got 8 inches of snow today...when is spring going to get here?? I'm tired of winter!

After going crazy last week I'm almost back down to 189....got to 190 this morning. I don't want to start out the easter challenge going in the wrong direction. :)

I got this article at my last local lap band support group and thought some of you might be interested in it. It's about being a perfectionist and it really hit home for me.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-19990501-000032.html

The weather here in Florida is a high of 75 and low of 54. I think I've forgotten what it means to be really cold.

Hi All

I haven't posted in a while. I think its because I haven't followed the rules in a while;) When I am not doing well band-wise, I tend to stay away from LBT, doesn't make sense, it should be the other way around.

Today hubby asked me what I'm giving up for lent. I always give something up. After some serious thought, I decided I'm giving up 10 lbs!!! I have been really bad, eating the wrong stuff and definitely eating waaaayyyyy more than I should. I thought 10 lbs was a good thing to take on for Easter.

glad to hear everyone is doing well. Happy Anniv Jimboss, I like what you said about sometimes not liking but always loving. I tell my hubby that too sometimes. I'll say " I am really not liking you right now, I love you, but don't like you at the moment"

It will be 10 years for us this May!

Toqu I'm going to Orlando next weekend...I think I've forgotten how it feels to be warm. Ha ha!

I'm glad you're back threebeauties. We missed you!