Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi October buddies!

I was banded Oct 30th 2006. I have only lost 27lbs! I am not cheating and exercising when I can. Does this sound really, really slow to anyone else?? :cry

Turner24

Happy Friday Friends!

MMM A margarita sounds SOOOOO good right now!! sure its only 9:20 but...

I went in for my fill yesterday. Man o Man what a difference! I'm trying to drink my slimfastshake and i can only take a few sips at a time then wait then take another sip. It feels like its just sitting. very very weird... Its been like an hour and i have had barely 1/2 of this can and its no longer cold. but if its too much i can go in within the 2 weeks and not get charged.

My doc is also an attending at Rush and I asked him if he knew anyone on the Women's Board sicne I had just sent them my resume. He seemed kinda chuckled that i was trying to use him as my in. Hey - Whatever it takes!!

Welcome Turner! I'm not a good judge of what slow or fast when it comes to weight loss - but you're almost at 10 pounds a month so thats still pretty awesome. Good Job!

Take a look at my stats and relax...How many fills have you had? I am really trying hard although I must admit I do slip up on the chocolate at 2pm alot. I have been trying to do a chocolate protien shake though for my afternoon cravings so that has been helping.

Good to hear from you again Turner! Your weight loss isn't slow, you're doing great. Like Sonia said, that's almost 10 pounds a month. I'm on the slower side too...but it's going down little by little. How many fills have you had? Are you drinking enough Water? Eating enough Protein? I find that tracking my food really helps keep me in line. I use www.sparkpeople.com it's free and really easy it use. Tell us a litle bit more and we can try to help.

So this morning 189 flashed briefly on my scale and then ended on 190.0. A few more ounces and I'll be in the 180s finally!! I go in for a fill on Monday too...I'm getting close to my sweet spot!

I don't think I'll make my V-Day challenge either, but I hope to get to 10 pounds. When should our next challenge be....Easter?

Yays 3B! So how is the Milk? Mine still hasn't arrived yet. Welcome back Turner... your doing great hang in there. Jess I am going to check out your sparkpeople after this message.

Jimboss OMG! Your hilarious! I wish I had that side effect. You sure you aren't smoking any pot first? heha j/k

Sonia how is that fill doing? you ok?

Mmmmmmm a Margarita sounds so damn good! I want one in every flavor! Cheers for Friday! ~Raynie!

Turner I feel like you. I have only lost 33 pounds and I go to the gym 6 days a week. It sucks! But it will eventually come off. I'm trying to visualize myself a year from now. What is this magic muscle milk? Does it help speed things up. Tell me more.

LOL, no Raynie........No "rascal weed" for several years now. Hell, that is one of the reasons I am the way I am! LOL. I always suffered from the "munchies" in a big way! Whew. Growing up as a young man in the late sixties/early seventies and carrying on with the same activities through the eighties and nineties......Wow. I wish I had all the money I spent on "left handed tobacco" through the years. I'd be retired.

And Denise...I'm rather curious about this "magic milk" as well. I must have missed something somewhere along the line. I've pretty much been stuck right at a 45 pound loss. I feel I'm eating good (NO SWEETS!) and I'm on my treadmill nightly but things have slowed down to a crawl. I am scheduled for another fill on the 13th of Feb. Maybe that will help as well. I'll be glad when I find that "sweet" spot and start losing again......Jimboss

Happy Saturday Morning to every one!!!!: Gee it's good to be back home again... I got my new knee, and it ways 1 1/2 lbs. "I wanted to know."

Average knee 1 lb.. I'm not worried about the 1/2lb. gain! Cause they starved us for 3 1/2 days. So I havent been weighed, butttt,,, trust me,

we had to loose weight in there. Some one lodged a complaint, and after that we got normal food. "not garbage" Thank you all for your notes, I appreciate that. Hello to Mary from Michigan, Raynie did your MML come,

and what do you think of it I'm gonna keep on reading, "i thought I was on the last page, but pain killers. I can't think rite.." If I see any thing interesting I might get back to you. Shirley...

HELP !!

I was banded on Oct 5th and I have only lost 22 lbs and I am very

frustrated by the whole thing. I have recently started excersing and I have had 1.7 cc in a 10 band. Any advice. I am not sure if I need another fill, I still get some types of food hung up.

Thanks

Kimmiechelle

Dr. Rumbaut

Oct. 5th, 2006

Yesterday I had a Protein Shake in the afternoon to see if it helps and it really did!!! I just got my Muscle Milk in the mail today, I'm anxious to try it, Cookies n cream, yummy!

What is muscle milk and is it good?

Jimboss: Shirley here. Did I ever tell you I am a chocolate lady? Sure am,

now you no why they give this stuff on sweeties day. Does wonders don't it?

I'm here to clear the air. I lost 125Lbs. prior to surgery. I started with counting calories 1 year before surgery, that's whean I peeked at 356.

Trust me, I did not loose 50Lbs. a month. If that would have happend, well I would be working for Lap Band.

So I lost 146Lbs. total, and still working on it.

Jimboss Muscle Milk Light is the best kept secret out there. It's good for you, promotes tissue healing, burns fat, low in calorie, high in protien,

taste is great, "about 20 flavors" and it's maid with Water. I usually have 1 a day. That's 25G of protien rite there. A woman should have between 60-80G a day in there total diet. A man 80-100G a day. I find it's cheepest on ebay. Go there and look it up, thean read all the info on it. "they have chocolate" If you want to become buff!!! follow there instructions, and this is the stuff that can do that to.. If not have 1 or 2 shakes a day

You'll do just fine.

Any thing else I can do? get back. Shirley...

Glad to hear you're doing well Shirley! We missed you!

Turner I think you are right on track. I've been averaging about 10lbs a month too, without exercising so I know kicking it up a notch in that area will definitely help.

JDru - congrats on almost making it to the 180's! lol. You'll get there soon. I won't make my Valentine's Day challenge either, but I like having the challenges to keep us focused.

Does anyone know why you should not gulp Water down? I have a bad habit of that and for get to go slow. It does not make me sick, I was just wondering why you should just sip. Maybe its because I need a fill. I don't know!

good morning friends!

Happy Saturday!

I really think this fill is just right. still kinda weird and i feel i can't even drink liquids very quickly anymore but i'm digging it! EXCEPT for the new weird noises my stomach is making. my stomach started gurgling all weird and LOUD. I was sure an alien baby was going to erupt from my stomach yesterday! The only good thing that woulld have come from that is that I would have gotten to leave early. =)

I'm beginning to think weight loss screws with your head. When ever I hop on the scale - plus or minus - I didn't seem to grasp that yup the weight is coming off. Today I get on the scale and there was something about the 215 that made me jump up and down! Like NOW i believe the weight is coming off.

Shirley - welcome back!

Jimboss you crack me up! AIR would give me the munchies!

Kilopitre - i dont know why we shouldn't gulp. I used to be a fast drinker - now i can't seem to. makes me worried that i wont get all my Water in - but i'll take it one day at a time.