Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Sonia - Congratulations on your loss 32lbs in 3 months! You reminded me that it has almost been 3 months for me too. I need to go weigh in (still no scale). Happy Birthday threebeauties! Tonight's meal: stovetop chicken and veggies - I had about 1/2 chicken breast and some veggies and am now waiting to drink my sf rasberry iced tea.... I am trying to be better today as yesterday I had too many liquid calories - dark beer and a smoothie - (not at the same time). Everyone is doing great!

ONLY 17 more days left for Valentines Day Challenge!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of my Oct friends!!

I went to a support group meeting at my dr's office this week. There was a woman there who did everything "perfectly". She doesn't cheat doesn't slip up, always chews her food thoroughly, and follows all the rules. I just wanted to stand up and scream "SHUT THE F*%C UP".

I love this thread. It really seems like everyone is so supportive of each other. I love that in addition to great advice, great support and incredible enthusiasm, people on this thread are honest and real. We all mess up sometimes and don't follow all rules all of the time. We all have days when we need a little boost. I just really appreciate that everyone here is so willing to admit their weaknesses and downfalls. We all have them!!!!!!!! Some days we help boost and some days we get boosted.

It even seems like many of the other threads have people on them who are "know it allls" (we all know who they are, we've seen their posts). Often, I find many judgemental posts as well.

this thread is awesome! I love the comraderie (sp?) that we share, the honestly and the support.

OK - let me wipe the tears from my keyboard;)

Have a great weekend everyone. Let's do our best!

Threebeauties,

I totally agree with you. I have tried to get into another thread and have the same opinion of some of the "know it alls" in them. This group is so much better than that. We are all just regular folks trying to support each other.

Cheers!

Threebeauties: Happy Birthday!!!!!! Just think at your next birthday how wonderful you will feel and look. Keep up the good work.

Hey Threebeauties, Jimboss here. I just came on after the weekend and seen you had your 39th. Happy Birthday!!!!! I hope yours was filled with joy. I remember 39.................wow, it was a good year. Hmmmm. It's nice to be young (and you are my dear)!!!

I was pretty confident going into my weekend. But, it got the best of me. I neglected to exercise / I ate what I wanted / and I cursed myself this morning. But I had a great time with my grand daughter. Her and I went out and we had a strawberry milkshake together. Just Cordelia and Grandpa. For me it was special. She is so precious.

Today I am back on the "losing" track! Today I will hit my treadmill hard. Today I will be concious of what goes into my mouth. Today I am glad to be a part of the October Bandsters. I'll worry about tomorrow when it comes.

To all my October Bandster Angels.........old Jimboss loves ya!

Happy Birthday threebeauties!!

Ugh...bad week and weekend for me. I'm back up to 196 this morning. Apparently cookie dough and alcohol is not a good diet. ;) I'm a bit frustrated because I feel like I didn't eat that much last week and the scale showed a huge jump and then it makes me feel like I'll never get past a certain number. This is always where I have trouble. I love 20-25 pounds and then I get tired of the diet or slack off and gain it all back. It's hard to get out of that mindset and back on track. January has been hard for me!! But it's a new week and almost a new month so it will get better.

thank you for all the birthday wishes!

I have had 4 fills since my 10/19 sugery. It took 4 fills to get me to where I feel like I think I'm supposed to fee.

For those of you having a hard time, it is so friggin tough when you don't feel that restriction. Don't feel bad about asking for a fill if you think that's what you need. I know some docs won't do it but its worth a try.

You are all doing so great, strawberry milkshakes, cookie dough and beer included. I hope this is a good week for everyone!

Do your best!

Jessica ~ Throw away the cookie dough. Did I say that loud enough?? THROW AWAY THE COOKIE DOUGH. I know it is good, but it isn't worth it.

Ok, I know I am not your mom, lol, but you are doing so well. Throw away the cookie dough.

Boy, am I glad I don't have anymore cookie dough. lol If I did, I would be right there with you.

Doesn't sound like it egh!

Ha ha!! You are all too funny. I promise I threw away the rest of the cookie dough and will stay far, far away from it when I go shopping tomorrow! ;)

:clap2: Yay!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

My Knee Surgeon has got me doin Knee exsercieses {ouch!} to prepare for surgery next Monday. I hope it takes off some pounds or tones up..

I could use it.;)

Hey ladies and gents! - I need some advice. I am an October Bandster and only have 8 of my 17 pounds left to lose on my Valentine Challenge.

However, I have noticed that since my fill almost two weeks ago, that I am stuck!!! Now, I did start working out 4-5 times a week, so maybe I am gaining muscle, but the scale is NOT budging and I am getting frustrated. I keep my calories at 1200-1500 a day, and I am a scale weigher every morning. Am I doing something wrong???