Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I'm down 2.6 this week! Chrispy you are doing awesome...seems like that fill is really working for you. Do you just have one fill or two?

Thanks JDru! Just one fill. 1.5 cc in a 4 cc band. I lost about 7 lbs in the week after my fill. I had to go back on liquids for 3 days, then mushies for another 3, now I'm on regular food. I get full much quicker, which is nice! You recently had a fill, right? How did that go? Also, remember that I have more weight to lose than you so it will tend to come off quicker. Being down 2.6 lbs is awesome!! You're doing great!

Jodi: Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

I got my first fill on Thursday and my first unfill on Friday last week. I am back down to no fill. Dr. says I may not be able to handle much of a fill ever if 1cc closed me up that much. Oh well, I have had pretty good success with just the band if that's all I get, so be it. I never would have lost 35 lbs on my own.

I lost 5 lbs last week. I have been so up and down the last few weeks its hard to tell where I'm at on the challenge. My ticker shows 6 lbs down, I think that's pretty accurate with the gain I had week before last.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Chrispy I had a fill last Monday and I was only on liquids for one day, then mushies for one day, then solid food. I can still eat about a cup at a time, but I feel full longer. I'm going in for a follow up and possibly another fill on Dec 20. We'll see how I do. I'm still kind of hungry...

Hey girls, I was banded Oct 2nd with my first fill Nov 10th. Up until my first fill I was doing pretty good. I got my first fill and since, I've been hungry all the time. I keep thinking it is in my head but hell, I don't know. My weight loss has slowed down considerably also. I have to fight for every pound right now.

I've had my ass jumped a few times by the ladies here because I think they think I don't belong. I don't want to offend anyone, I just need help like y'all do. So if anyone has any thoughts, let me know! Maybe I should get ahold of my surgeon? I don't have a scheduled appointment with him until this coming February.

Thanks...........Jimboss

Wow Jim, so sorry to hear you haven't been treated well by fellow bandsters. We are all struggling, it certainly doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman.

I DEFINATELy think you should call your doctor. I don't know how much you've lost or what size band you have but I don't think you should have to fight so hard to lose.

My advice is to call your dr., sounds like your fill wasn't enough for you. We are all different with different needs and experiences. good luck!

btw- keep your eye on this thread, everyone is awesome and supportive!!

Jim I hope that all of the October Bandsters have made you feel welcome because this is a forum for EVERYONE! The issues we have to deal with as bandsters are not unique to gender.

I agree with threebeauties...you should definitely call your doctor. I just had my first fill last Monday, but I have a follow up appt next week. It's important for your doc to monitor your progress and if you're starving all of the time you prob need a fill or at least some support from your doctor.

Let us know what you find out!

Toqu,

Sorry, I have not been on for a while. I have now lost a total of 29 pounds.(I know my ticker is not up to date) I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said all was good and that I did not have to come back until March unless I felt I needed a fill. I still have not had one yet.

My diet is simple...I eat one pkg of instant oatmeal for Breakfast. I have a couple of cups of coffee with splenda or sweet n' low. lunch is usually about 6 wheat crackers with chicken salad and about 15 baked cheetos. dinner is whatever I cook...like chicken tacos but instead of the taco shell I do everything else with low fat ranch. Or I might order pizza and just eat about half of one and the topping of the rest of it. I am going to continue as I am and hopefully I will continue to lose. I also have purchased an elliptical machine and workout about 25 - 30 minutes 5 days a week on it. Hope this helps.:)

Is anyone else having trouble updating their tickers? Tickerfactory.com has some new pin/website thing and I don't get it! Am I dumb?? Help!

yeah i thought the pin thing was wacky and i was sure i had not chosen anything when i initially made my ticker. so i just entered a 4 digit # when i tried to update it and it took it.

hmmm should have probably written that number down....

I get the pin thing...but when I copy the code and try to paste it into my signature it just has the code and no ticker when I preview my signature. I must be doing something wrong.

Ok, it seems to be working now. But I can only get one kind of ticker to show up. I can't do all of my weight loss AND a Christmas ticket. I'm still working on it....

JDru,

you have to create 2 tickers (i actually had to initially use 2 different browsers for the 2nd ticker).

once they are created if you click the ticker you want to change, put your pin number in update your numbers you will not have to copy the code over, it will stay the same URL - which is a good thing ... :)

after trying to change my ticker it isnt easy having more than 1 WL ticker - try the 2 different types of browsers ... what a pain!!!

Ugh!! I tried with 2 browsers and it's STILL not working. Maybe it's a sign I should stop wasting time at work! :) I'll try it at home later...thanks for the input!