Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I need some encouragement with my weight loss it is driving me crazy.. :help:

Hey! we are Bandmates. I have lost 24 so dont feel bad. You lose immedialtely then the body has less to work with and suff so it slows the loss. Remember you dont want it to go away overnight. You want to have it go away gradually so you can do it healthy and keep it off.

Quick weight loss is as bad on the heart as gain so take it slow. The weight didnt come on over night.

You are doing GREAT You have ALREADY LOST ALMOST 30 LBS!:clap2: :clap2:

Keep up the great work

you guys are so awesome..... I think we are too hard on ourselfs. Has anyone noticed that i haven't put up a ticker yet? hehe Its because we arent supposed to actually lose weight until the fill happens. I am prepared to gain some of thise 17 pound loss back as soon as I am eating real food again. Its a given. It only makes sense to me. Of course excercise helps alot, and dont forget that we gain muscle which weighs more then fat. So Buckeye.... your probably gaining muscle- geez walking for an hour to two hours daily? Thats great!!! Dont get discouraged, cause the muscle actually burns the fat in the long run!

I am taking those Flinstones Vit too Soniacan... and it helps the kids eat theres too! They laugh at me, saying Mom thats ours! heha

Joy Joy- I am sorry your tuna got stuck! Everytime I think of Tuna - I think of Lilo and Stitch movie- how Lilo feeds the fish Peanut Butter Sand. cause you cant give a fish Tuna! Hahaha Don't worry Hun, you might actually eat Tuna again someday! I swore up and down I would never eat chicken again after my incident, but I had a little piece recently, just remember why it happened.... did you eat too fast? not chew enough? eat too much of it? etc.. Its all a learning experience. I do eat a few small meals, not everyday- but occasionally, more like experimental meals... so far nothing has made me super sick- although I haven't tried alot of stuff. Just trying to get used to drinking all this Water is crazy enough! When I think I am hungry, I drink another glass of water. It helps. oh and I cant wait till Thanksgiving! I will eat just enough to feel full! I have the smallest band too, the Dr. Ortiz thought i needed a bigger one cause of my weight and height BMI but he said when he opened me up I had no fat around my stomach and had to switch to the smaller band. So I do feel tightness But I do need a fill! Cant wait till Dec 5th! Thats when the real journey begins for me! I pray everynight that I hope I didn't frak up anything, like a slip or something! I paid too much for this. Also, I think of eating smaller meals like this visual- I think of a beautiful model or actress eating at a very fancy restaurant- when they serve your meal its like the size of your palm.... seriously.... now as a big girl- I would think No way is that going to make me full! But now with a Band I can think- Ok! I can eat just like them and feel full finally! So I just pretend that I am one of them! Ha! Maybe someday I will look like one! And so the journey begins! Have a great day everyone! And keep up the awesome work! ~Raynie!

I was banded October 12,2006. I had a friend tell me about this web site at work today. I am happy to have found a place to talk to others who are going through the same things I will be.

Hello all, just wanted to check in and let you guys know that I went for my 1st fill today and got .2 cc the experience was ok and I drank a full bottle of Water before i left the doctors office. The doctor said that I've lost REALY well for only 1 month of losing weight. I'm on liquids for the next 2 days than softs again than regular food again. I'm nervous for reactions so, I will keep you all posted.

Wow - it's amazing how differently our doctors treat the fills, huh? Thanks for keeping us updated as to how things are feeling. It's good to know what to expect.

DaniX - awwww...thank you! I had no idea, but I'm glad if my posts have been able to help you in some way. I get a lot of motivation and inspiration from my fellow October Bandsters as well! We rock!!

Hello Everyone! I've been very busy at work so forgive me for not posting. Thank you to those that have sent me personal messages too. Means a lot and as soon I get freed up some I will be sure to correspond.

Yesterday was my 2 week check up with the nutritionist. Today, 11/8, is my first day on a regular diet. I tried fluffy scrambled eggs for Breakfast, 3 oz of tuna and 2 saltines for lunch, string cheese and 8 grapes for snack and then 3 oz of halibut, and a few green Beans and about a tablespoon of mac and cheese. Got all of my 60 grams of Protein in too. :success1:

Take care of yourselves everyone. Keep posting. I love to read and understand that what I'm feeling is pretty normal, shoulder pain, port site tenderness, etc.

It sounds like almost all of us have cheated a little.. I know I have.. I chew, chew, chew... so that things are mushy.. I have found a shredded bbq chicken at a local store.. 16 grms protein.. and it is yummy :hungry: .. I chew chew.. I also found at Cold Stone Creamery they have smoothies and you can add Protein to them.. I had the strawberry bananna smoothie with protein.. I could only eat half of the small.. but it was good.. it is made with sinless ice cream.. or sherbert..

Well I have been down on my self.. I have been stuck on my weight loss.. I think the mushies have stopped my weight loss.. So I have a follow up tommorow so I have been on liquids today to maybe jump start my weight loss again. I am walking 1-2 hours a day .. I think I need to start an exercise program.

Well I start back to work tomorrow. I had surgery October 12th.. It sounds like people who have gone back after 1-2 weeks have been very tired or sore.. so I am glad my Dr had me off this long..

I need some encouragement with my weight loss it is driving me crazy.. :help:

Oh man I went back to work today and it was fine for the most part but i came home dead tired. I live in LA and i drive to Anaheim, CA It sucked I only went in 6 hours but with the drive 1.2 in the a.m. and 45 min in the afternoon it was a longgggggggggg day. I wish you luck don't forget to take enough food to last you for the day.I hope your day it better than mine. To many guest to many problems. GOODLUCK!!:clap2: :clap2:

Hi girls and boys ( although I haven’t seen any boys on October bandsters lately but you have to be politically correct ) HEHEHE I just wanted to tell you all thank you for making me laugh and I’m so glad that I found this website because no one knows what your going through (not even your family) unless they have been banded. The laughter is great and your support is even better. I have laughed :success1: :) :rofl: so much today that I love it. My boyfriend is like huh? I don’t understand how do things get stuck? Anyhow I haven’t gotten anything stuck but its great to have you all. Thank you!!! For all your stories and for letting me laugh with you, and for understanding what we are going through together but apart. I appreciate you guys even if I don’t Personaly know you! :clap2::hug: :clap2:

I had my 2 week follow up yesterday and everything is going well. I'm scheduled for my first fill on Dec 4!! I'm a little nervous about that. I can't wait to hear about everyone else's fills!

Hi all, I was banded on the 23 of October and everything has been going well. I have lost ten pounds, not as good as some I read, but that's alright. I think I'm losing more inches than I am actual pounds and I can live with that because I can feel the difference in my clothes, and that's what counts to me.

I may be crazy here, since I did have the surgery, but I have no real desire, or more importantly the need, to get a fill at this time. I know that things will probably change and if they do I will take the appropriate actions, but right now I'm really happy with how things are going. I'm not losing weight fast, but it appears to be steady and that is so cool.

My journey, so far, has been really easy and I can honestly say that I don't walk around hungry or having any bad cravings. I haven't had a problem not drinking while eating or had a PB, I don't crave diet Dr Peppers at all.....don't even think about them, which is weird because I thought I would. I can eat a Lean Cuisine dinner in the evening and am well satisfied for the rest of the evening.

Given the potential of getting blocked, or being over filled and some of the other complications that I've read about on this site in reference to fills, I think I'll just rock on like I am for now until it becomes necessary for me to get a fill. If there's one thing I've learned from this page and other bandsters is that everyone seems to find, usually through trial and error, what works best for them. This seems to work for me..........for now.

Good luck to everyone and glad to see we're all doing well.

Barry I agree. My doc told me i could have a fill if needed. I told him not now... why fix something not broken? I mean i am losing weight and feeling good with one so until the time i stop losing... why gets antsy.

I have my first fill Dec1 or anytime from my request. We will see. I am losing about 3lbs a week. Not bad with just the band.

Good luck to you. It is different for everyone obviously this is the best crash course i had on my body ever. Everyday i learn something new. :success1:

hello everyones! how are you all today? I am great as today is finally my two weeks since banded! I feel great- I still worry that my band slipped. I am sure it hasn't but if I find out that it did, I will be so pissed off. I am just a worry wort. Heha bare with me. So I am off to the store to get some Ricotta cheese, Sp sauce and Mozzerella! Cant wait to try this!

See yewz all later! ~Raynie!

How was everyones Thursday?

I can't believe its only been 2 weeks since banding!

It was a pretty low key day. I'm back at work but not terribly in the work-zone so I've been slacking badly! I'm sure tomorrow I'll be swamped.

I had sucha taste tonight for something sweet that wasn't jello!

Raynie, did you try the cheesey thing?